IGNORED

and justice for all

Black Owl

Hey in New York small town justices don't even need to have a law degree. Anyone can be a sitting judge. And believe me there are some very scarry people as sitting Judges up here. D.A. telling judges what they can do or have to do. its nuts!

and some are more equal than others.

A special judge handed Baumgartner a sentence that allowed him to wipe the felony conviction off his record if he stayed out of trouble. The sentence also allowed Baumgartner to avoid jail time and keep his pension.

The "Judge" that was over seeing my divorce years ago. Had a heart condition and was taking medication for it. He was not aloud to drive due to the medications affecting his "judgement". Yet he was still aloud to "Judge" peoples lives. (And yes I lost the kids due to ,,, him.)

Great ain't they?:whistling:

Bryan

This will probably last a full 30 seconds before heading south,but having spend over 30 years in federal law enforcement these types of incidents really ring my bell.

http://www.charter.net/news/read.php?rip_id=%3CD9TU8E601%40news.ap.org%3E&ps=1011

:15_8_211[1]:

Initially before reading the link, I thought you were reffering to the 4 cops sentenced from 38 to 65 years. For the shootings of unarmed people, during Katrina. Heard about that, on BBC world news, during my trip home today.

If you believe in Equal Justice for all you need to visit my little Peyton Place. I have a lot of respect for Law Enforcement Officers as long as the don't belong to our sheriff's Dept. As "Crooked" as they come. Been knocking heads with them for years. So far i'm still free despite threats from them and being arrested 18 or 19 times (lost Count) They tried everything they could to get me fired from my job. First time I showed up in town in my Corrections Uniform they called State police to have me checked out. Trooper told me who made call while he was laughing at them!! I wore uniform every time I went to town for a while.:whistling:All because I always called them as I saw them. I guess one of these days I'll learn to keep my mouth shut.....NOT!!

Hey in New York small town justices don't even need to have a law degree. Anyone can be a sitting judge. And believe me there are some very scarry people as sitting Judges up here. D.A. telling judges what they can do or have to do. its nuts!

I LOVE NEW YORK !!!!! Its the one state were the inmates are running the asylum in all aspects.:rotfl::mo money::rotfl::D

I have said for years that devices should be placed on all motor vehicles, autos, planes, ships, 18 wheelers, motorcycles .etc. so on and so forth.

If you don't have anything to hide you won't mind it... in volume this system would be CHEAP and the purchaser of vehicle would pay for it.

If data was stored including pic of driver on every "illegal drug fail incident" a no start and an intervention would be warranted. For a "legal drug fail" the vehicle simply wouldn't start. (unless of course it's on a plane,train,18 wheeler etc)

There's talk about testing welfare recipients, but, to be fair, drug use affects us all. to ensure equal protection under the law, the afore-mentioned testing would be a way to eliminate /reduce the need for random drug testing (after all, who doesn't drive). Random drug testing is EXPENSIVE!

Doesn't surprise me a bit.I had a judge in my home town who actually showed up in court with traces of cocaine in his mustache very often and finally the county attorney convinced him to step down from the bench.

"

Wish I could comment here.......but, I can't... I'd have to retire first....I still need a paycheck for now..........bring this back up in about 3 years.....:whistling: "

I hear you. If our government was truly interested in stopping illegal drugs, they could...

And,

It would not be as hard as some might think!:whistling:

Just keep your head down Tom... :duck:

I have said for years that devices should be placed on all motor vehicles, autos, planes, ships, 18 wheelers, motorcycles .etc. so on and so forth.

If you don't have anything to hide you won't mind it... in volume this system would be CHEAP and the purchaser of vehicle would pay for it.

If data was stored including pic of driver on every "illegal drug fail incident" a no start and an intervention would be warranted. For a "legal drug fail" the vehicle simply wouldn't start. (unless of course it's on a plane,train,18 wheeler etc)

There's talk about testing welfare recipients, but, to be fair, drug use affects us all. to ensure equal protection under the law, the afore-mentioned testing would be a way to eliminate /reduce the need for random drug testing (after all, who doesn't drive). Random drug testing is EXPENSIVE!

There is just the small matter of the 4th Amendment.

Your body is free from government search except upon reasonable suspicion of probable cause. It's the supreme law of the land.

Wanting to drive a motor vehicle does not meet any of the criteria.

And I would be happy to accept testing of welfare recipients, provided the same standard was applied to all who receive the benefit of tax dollars.

The old "if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to worry about" rolls back every civil liberty fought for over generations, and would amount to the biggest expansion of government power this country has ever seen.

The Founders gave us the 4th Amendment precisely because they knew that government was run by men, who can only be trusted if appropriate checks and balances are in place.

Twigg ,

"The Founders gave us the 4th Amendment precisely because they knew that government was run by men, who can only be trusted if appropriate checks and balances are in place.

And I would be happy to accept testing of welfare recipients, provided the same standard was applied to all who receive the benefit of tax dollars.

"

1. Sounds like double speak to me ... your either for equality or not?

2. The paramont theme in the constituion is equality ..... you agree?

3. Keeping that in mind... eithereveryone gets tested, or none.

"Your body is free from government search except upon reasonable suspicion of probable cause. It's the supreme law of the land."

1. Not true... When you travel on a plane everyone is searched , when you enter a federal courtroom etc...

My main point was we are in a drug epidemic today. People are getting killed everyday, just because some jackwagon wants to (smoke a little dope or crack and thinks that it doesn't hurt anyone...) they need to wake up !

When you drive a vehicle you must wear seat belts and follow all laws for the state you are in. Do you know you have a llittle black box in all of your 'modern' vehicles that collect data such as speed, lights etc that will be retrieved in the event of a serious crash?

"

Wish I could comment here.......but, I can't... I'd have to retire first....I still need a paycheck for now..........bring this back up in about 3 years.....:whistling: "

I hear you. If our government was truly interested in stopping illegal drugs, they could...

And,

It would not be as hard as some might think!:whistling:

Just keep your head down Tom... :duck:

yes they could but it would knock them out of to much money!!!