IGNORED

Don's Maintance?

star4772

And at the pond monster motel there may just be some other culinary treats for the after riding hours snacking pleasure......:whistling:

Rstacy is probably the only one on this site that understands what I am talking about. But a new tradition is about to be released onto the VR.org community.

And I am certain that this will not be available at the Oberlin or QI. It is my own secret recipe.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know we who stay at the BullFrog Inn have a good time too. We sit out in front of Don's garage and sample various items such as "Black Death".

Now tell me you have that at the Oberlin and the QI.

Yama Mama:smile5:

Rest assure Peggy - I will ship a couple of Black Death bottles as usual to keep you guys company :)

Rest assure Peggy - I will ship a couple of Black Death bottles as usual to keep you guys company :)

As usual Jonas, it's good to hear from you! If you can't make it, a couple of bottles sounds like your personal representatives are coming for you! Nice touch.....:stirthepot:

You know we who stay at the BullFrog Inn have a good time too. We sit out in front of Don's garage and sample various items such as "Black Death".

Now tell me you have that at the Oberlin and the QI.

Yama Mama:smile5:

Im not sure ......... but a nice soft bed and shower is nice. I know some of the guys that have bathed in the pond and well ....Im not going swimming. lol

YAMA MAMA - USUALLY RON ??? :whistling:

Jonas you are helping me get into more trouble. It would be Ron in my sleeping bag, I worded that wrong.

Also I was kidding with you about the Black Death, you do not need to have a bottle of Black Death with my name on it. Usually one shot is more than enough.

You are the best Jonas!

Yama Mama:ice_awesome-vi46644

After visiting Jonas and Greta in Iceland last year, I KNOW why they make and drink the "black death".....................Its to get the taste of the 2 year old fermented SHARK out of your mouth........"HURRAH" FOR THE BLACK DEATH......It does grow on you...I actually like it now.........:fatsmiley:(ps)... Jonas, your right it really does taste like S**T at first...but in a good way.........lol

Originally I wanted to go to MD just to hang out and have a good time and still do :-). I didn't think I had any maintenance that I wanted to have done. So I was going through some old posts of mine trying to find some info. and ran across one that I can now think of that I would like to learn more about which is greasing the pins. Dealer couldn't do it when I made the post originally and ended up it is because of a snap ring that is difficult to locate. So if I want this done what do I need to buy to bring with me? A neighbor also gave me a SWR meter last year that I would like to know how to tune my firestiks with.

Originally I wanted to go to MD just to hang out and have a good time and still do :-). I didn't think I had any maintenance that I wanted to have done. So I was going through some old posts of mine trying to find some info. and ran across one that I can now think of that I would like to learn more about which is greasing the pins. Dealer couldn't do it when I made the post originally and ended up it is because of a snap ring that is difficult to locate. So if I want this done what do I need to buy to bring with me? A neighbor also gave me a SWR meter last year that I would like to know how to tune my firestiks with.

If your dealer can't do this maintenance on the rear wheel pins, I wouldn't go back there anymore. It is not a difficult thing to do. A little time consumming but not hard. Please do bring your SWR, I need to set my firestix also.

What do I need to bring to have them greased?

Bummer has tuned my firestik's a couple times but it has been with his meter. Now I have my own so I want to learn using mine and mine isn't the same model as his. Like you said. Easy to do but can be time consuming though. Now that I am thinking about it one thing that Bummer recommends is an open area (not sure how big) without any buildings and such that can interfere with the readings. Last time we did it we went to a cul-de-sac without any houses built around it and planted the bike right in the middle of the circle.

Actually i was talking about the rear wheel pins being easy to do but taking some time to do it. As far as the swr I haven't tuned a CB since the early 80's, back when everyone had one in there truck or car. So if you bring your meter I'm sure it will get some use while at Don's.

• 1 month later...

well susan and i got to celevand at 2am today after setting on I65 in kty for 4 hours behind a bad wreck where a housr trailer wrecked with 2 dead at scene and 2 lifeflighted out. i didn't haul the bike up so that wa a good thing. i'm problly just rent a bike if i can find one here. i'll keep y'all posted