IGNORED

A Different Look to my Wing - Waddya Think?

SilvrT

Weather is crappy, haven't done much to the Wing to personalize it since I got it and I'm bored so, been playing with Paint ... waddya think?

(the headlinghts are supposed to be smoked ... best I could do without totally blacking them out)

Should I leave it stock?

Should I smoke the headlights?

[ATTACH]64725[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]64726[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]64727[/ATTACH]

My 2 cents would be it would look cool kinda menacing and mean with just the headlights smoked and leave off the other black section below windshield. Unless your going for the Great Pumpkin look. :whistling: Have to post a pic of it that way to be sure but I like the headlights.

My 2 cents would be it would look cool kinda menacing and mean with just the headlights smoked and leave off the other black section below windshield. Unless your going for the Great Pumpkin look. :whistling: Have to post a pic of it that way to be sure but I like the headlights.

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that:

From a purely safety point of view, it seems that a black panel might reduce your bikes visibility factor to other motorists. To me that's not a good move as you should try to increase your visibility to others. I like Sailor's idea of going with flames and preferably in bright colours. Of course, I also happen to like flames so that is going to bias my answer, but it certainly would make the bike more visible, don't you think?

Andy

From a purely safety point of view, it seems that a black panel might reduce your bikes visibility factor to other motorists. To me that's not a good move as you should try to increase your visibility to others. I like Sailor's idea of going with flames and preferably in bright colours. Of course, I also happen to like flames so that is going to bias my answer, but it certainly would make the bike more visible, don't you think?

Andy

In comparison to many other bikes out there, I would suggest the GL1800's visibility is superior due to the lighting design. In addition I have high-intensity driving lights and fog lights. Moreover, the orange color stands out far better than any other except maybe those yellow ones. Personally I don't feel the black panel would have any real diminishing effect on visibility; however, I am in agreement that smoking the headlights could affect the illumination. That being said, I believe the 2012 Wings have smoked headlights either stock or as an option from factory. In fact, you can buy replacement smoked headlights for the 2001-2010 Wings. I'd conclude from that then, that the reduction of light intensity must not be significant.

There are clear headlight covers available (haven't seen smoked one) that I thought I'd put a light smoke tint to.

In any event, I was just "playing" ... not sure I'd go ahead with this. I like the flames idea and have thought of that but I also am considering some pinstriping using black and gold. Dunno if both flames and pinstriping go together as each generates a different "feel" so to speak.

I like the flames idea and have thought of that but I also am considering some pinstriping using black and gold. Dunno if both flames and pinstriping go together as each generates a different "feel" so to speak.

I think flames and pinstrips go good together. They've doing it for years on all sorts of hot rods.

here you go Rick You can play with all that extra cash,.....:mo money:

http://wingstuff.com/products/33289-gl1800-oem-smoke-headlight-conversion?sitesync=done

Brian

There is one review on that site and he says he wished he had not done it, not enough light on the road.

Do you want to look cool when parked or do you want to see where you are going at night?

Now if you can get some removable lens covers to tint, then you could have the best of both worlds.

Or just go back to a 1st gen so everyone is not looking at the front of the bike......:stickpoke::stirthepot:

Sorry, someone had to do it.

Do you want to look cool when parked or do you want to see where you are going at night?

I rarely ride a bike past sundown so that is not an issue. Yes, looking COOL is very important :cool10: :cool10: ... that is why I ride Wing... :stickpoke: :rotf:

Now if you can get some removable lens covers to tint, then you could have the best of both worlds.

And, if I were to do this, that is what I would do....and they are available. :D