IGNORED

You Tube

playboy

I too have a slow connection. So here is what I do.

When I come across a link, I continue to read the comments and try to judge whether I would even be interested. If so, I open the link in a new tab. As soon as the video starts loading I hit the pause button. The video will continue to load but won't be playing.

While I wait for the video to finish loading, I can return to the old tab and continue to read other threads while I wait.

Doesn't make the video load any faster, but allows me to be doing something while I wait.

Yup same here, it is not my computer that is slow. This is on a high end computer used for doing 3D CAD work. It is the internet connection that is not much faster than dial-up.

I start the vid, hit pause till it is done loading, and then you can view it all the way thru.

I too have a slow connection. So here is what I do.

When I come across a link, I continue to read the comments and try to judge whether I would even be interested. If so, I open the link in a new tab. As soon as the video starts loading I hit the pause button. The video will continue to load but won't be playing.

While I wait for the video to finish loading, I can return to the old tab and continue to read other threads while I wait.

Doesn't make the video load any faster, but allows me to be doing something while I wait.

Yup same here, it is not my computer that is slow. This is on a high end computer used for doing 3D CAD work. It is the internet connection that is not much faster than dial-up.

I start the vid, hit pause till it is done loading, and then you can view it all the way thru.

Yep, this is the best way to do it. I do about all the online videos that I watch this way. I also always click on the YouTube symbol in the bottom right corner and go directlty to YouTube to watch it. Seems to load better that way.

C.R.

Edited by Steel Horse Cowboy
add more info.

The video files are downloaded into the area called "Temporary Internet Files". It has a finite amount of space. Before watching a video, go to the tool bar at the top of the page and select the "Tools" drop down menu. (windows XP) At the bottom of the drop down, you will see "Internet Options" click this. You will see Clear Browsing history, cookies, Temp Internet Files, etc. Click the delete button below this section. (First delete button in drop down. don't worry, nothing happens YET!)

You will get another drop down with the different selections. Select Temporary Internet Files, (No need to select anything else) then click the delete button at the bottom of this drop down. Then select OK and View your video.:thumbsup2:

Earl

The video files are downloaded into the area called "Temporary Internet Files". It has a finite amount of space. Before watching a video, go to the tool bar at the top of the page and select the "Tools" drop down menu. (windows XP) At the bottom of the drop down, you will see "Internet Options" click this. You will see Clear Browsing history, cookies, Temp Internet Files, etc. Click the delete button below this section. (First delete button in drop down. don't worry, nothing happens YET!)

You will get another drop down with the different selections. Select Temporary Internet Files, (No need to select anything else) then click the delete button at the bottom of this drop down. Then select OK and View your video.:thumbsup2:

Earl

This may work but not necessarilly.

I have experienced the same issue with vids and it doesn't matter if they are youtube or from some other place. In my case it is intermittent so I just chalk it up to high server load or high traffic load over the "pipe" that the vid is travelling on. If it's bogging down at 1PM, then go back at 2 or 3 PM and see if it's any different.

Earl

I go to the control panel and do this nearly every time I log off and then go to my wife and shared users and do there's every once in awhile. Glad I'm not the only one in this boat. Thanks

I go to the control panel and do this nearly every time I log off and then go to my wife and shared users and do there's every once in awhile. Glad I'm not the only one in this boat. Thanks

You can force your browser to clear your temp files automatically each time you exit it. There are a couple settings in IE that everyone should consider setting ... and they are;

First, go into Tools | Internet Options

Where it says "Browsing History", click on Settings

In there (Temporary Internet files and History Settings), select "Every time I visit the web page"

Click OK and then go to the Advanced tab

Scroll down to the Security section

Check the box for "Empty temporary internet files folder when browser is closed"

Click OK until you are out, close and re-open IE