IGNORED

Midnight Venture vs Royal Star Venture

Rip

Is there a difference between the Midnight Venture and the regular Venture, other than color?

I am looking at a new 2006 Midnight Venture.

I was just looking at the 2007 Midnight Venture and the regular (blue) models. The only difference that I could see is the front fork of the Midnight Venture is chromed and the blue one isn't. Well, the Midnight was about 300 bucks more as well.

That's helpful, thanks.

I can get a new 06 (1 mile) for 14448US, including taxes, etc. Does that sound good?

--Ken

Buy it. You won't regret it one bit. That's a very good deal too, especially with taxes tossed onto that figure. But you know how it goes. Once you get it someone else will come along and say they seen another for X number of $$$$ 's beating this deal all to hell.

Larry

Buy it. You won't regret it one bit. That's a very good deal too, especially with taxes tossed onto that figure. But you know how it goes. Once you get it someone else will come along and say they seen another for X number of $$$$ 's beating this deal all to hell.

Larry

So when they do, just tell them you'd like two more and ask them to show you where these deals are. That usually shuts them up. If it doesn't, tell them they're not exactly what you're looking for. :whistling:

(By the way, C-1, I'm sending another topic message on the lift I bought from you. Heads up.)

• 1 year later...
That's helpful, thanks.

I can get a new 06 (1 mile) for 14448US, including taxes, etc. Does that sound good?

--Ken

I recently bought an '06 Midnight Venture with almost that same price tag, with 13,000 miles already on it. I still felt like a got a deal :)

That's a fair price. However, you should consider that for a few dollars more you may be able to get a new '09 which would have 3 years less depreciation on it when you go to sell or trade it.

I had an '04 midnight and wish I had gotten another one in '07 instead of the blue/black.

Dennis

I bought my '06 Midnight last Nov with 1300 kilometers on it for $12,900 excluding taxes. Crikey!...almost got 10,000 km on it now.

Very happy with the bike except the whine gets annoying sometimes. It's going into the stealer's this week for the I-basket swap.

I have a 2007 Midnight Venture - it doesn't have the studs on the seats.

was just looking at the title and it says it's a model ZTF - model description XVZ13TF The speedo says Midnight Venture

byw - on 9/03/08 I paid $11,000.00 for it and it had 14,316 miles

Edited by Hummingbird

I have an 06 Midnight and love it. Like others have said more chrome and studded driver and passenger seats. Remember if you get a never titled 06 you will also get the full 5 yr warrenty. Enjoy and good luck.:Venture:

I'm sure there is very few new 06's left. If he doesn't want to come down in price have him throw in some free maintenance. Remember your warranty will not be valid in Canada. You will have to take the bike back to the U.S. for any maintenance work.

If you are going to add any extras, have those put on a different bill that you don't have to show at the boarder or you will be paying taxes on those.

Make sure the dealer is not going to charge you the tax, as you will be paying that in Canada.

I bought a new 07 Midnight last year in Buffalo Niagara. Incredible deal. Well worth the drive and the dealer does all the paper work for you to cross the boarder. Very simple process back in Canada to get it registered and think of all the money you save.

Good luck

I got my 2007 RSTD Midnight, 3000 miles, never titled for $12,000 out the door with new HJC Sy-Max II helmet and a RapidTransit sissy bar bag.

The Sy-Max II is the flip-up with the built-in sun shield.

That's a fair price. However, you should consider that for a few dollars more you may be able to get a new '09 which would have 3 years less depreciation on it when you go to sell or trade it.

I had an '04 midnight and wish I had gotten another one in '07 instead of the blue/black.

Dennis

If it is a "new" machine with the factory MCO then you will get the five year warranty.

:farmer:

I recently saw 2 Royal Stars for sale that were old stock. The seller stated that the machines were special inventory clearance items and would only come with a 2 year Yamaha factory warranty, instead of the normal 5 years.

I recently saw 2 Royal Stars for sale that were old stock. The seller stated that the machines were special inventory clearance items and would only come with a 2 year Yamaha factory warranty, instead of the normal 5 years.

If they were '06 models, then they were prev registered (probably as demo's) if only 2 yr warranty I'd think. ??

I could be wrong on this but are you sure the blue one is an 06 model year? I thought the colors for the 06 model year was black cherry, which is what I have, and the Midnight. I did not think that blue was an 06 color. You may want to do a little online price checking to be sure that is a great price not just and ok price. I are some members here that wanted to sell their bikes. Check the classified here too. :080402gudl_prv: