IGNORED

New Venture for 2011

Also of concern, if you look at the accessories on the Yamaha web site, many of the common add-ons are starting to dissappear.... That would indicate to me there isn't going to be a 2011 Venture.

Why would they be disappearing when there is 11 years production of the same bike??

Great news! Just in from Yamaha Canada, just got off the phone with Montreal!

2011 Venture will have a bored out, 1948 cc V4 based on the new VMAX, tuned for torque. 225 HP, 248 Ft/Lbs of torque, and trailers don't void the warranty! Estimated top speed is 176 mph and estimated quarter mile is 10.5 seconds! 58 MPG due to new head design! Gold Wings, eat your heart out!

Seat height is 27 inches and it has bigger trunk / side bags than the current Venture, weight under 730 pounds due to extensive use of carbon fibre and space-age alloys. List price is $29,999 though...."S" Version has more chrome, custom paint and is $31,999! :Sad_0241:

Hurry to your Yamaha dealer today! I put a deposit on a two-tone Candy Apple red "S" model already for late August delivery!:mo money: :bawling:

Bob LeDuc

2011 Venture will have a bored out, 1948 cc V4 based on the new VMAX, tuned for torque. 225 HP, 248 Ft/Lbs of torque, and trailers don't void the warranty! Estimated top speed is 176 mph and estimated quarter mile is 10.5 seconds! 58 MPG due to new head design! Gold Wings, eat your heart out!

Seat height is 27 inches and it has bigger trunk / side bags than the current Venture, weight under 730 pounds due to extensive use of carbon fibre and space-age alloys. List price is $29,999 though...."S" Version has more chrome, custom paint and is $31,999! :Sad_0241:

Hurry to your Yamaha dealer today! I put a deposit on a two-tone Candy Apple red "S" model already for late August delivery!:mo money: :bawling:

Bob LeDuc

and according to another thread, it probably has a lot of Harley components....:rotf:

If Yammie did come out with a NEW 2011 Venture, their timing would be great. Honda has told their dealers there will be no 2011 Goldwing. The factory and tooling was moved from Marysville Ohio to Japan. Dealers still have 2008-10 bikes on the showroom floor. It's unknown if the 2012 will be a brand new design but the rumors are flying.

I have a feeling when the Venture goes away it will be replaced by a Stratoliner deluxe with a trunk, more electronics and hopefully ABS.

Bob LeDuc

This news came out on April 1st somrthing is fishey here! :moon::buttkick:

Bob LeDuc

This news came out on April 1st somrthing is fishey here! :moon::buttkick:

You beat me to it Craig....April Fools

:stickpoke:

Guest scarylarry
If Yammie did come out with a NEW 2011 Venture, their timing would be great. Honda has told their dealers there will be no 2011 Goldwing. The factory and tooling was moved from Marysville Ohio to Japan. Dealers still have 2008-10 bikes on the showroom floor. It's unknown if the 2012 will be a brand new design but the rumors are flying.

I have a feeling when the Venture goes away it will be replaced by a Stratoliner deluxe with a trunk, more electronics and hopefully ABS.

My dealer told me yes the GW would be redesign because the biggest complaint is leg room, no where to stretch out, but in the same breath he said they have been awful tight lip in the past few yrs...

They also was disappointed with yammy on the '10 Ventures, they was hoping for change then..

So who knows?

Bob LeDuc

With that news, your now my best friend :D

Guest scarylarry

Bob LeDuc

Someone was really bored today to think this up :D

I am totally content with my 02 RSMV with 118,000 miles on him. This is a love affair and Sylvester is the object of my affections. I have ridden since 1959 and have never had a better machine. I will continue this love affair for the rest of my life unless the bike gets totaled. Maybe a sidecar or trike is in the future!

:farmer:

• 4 weeks later...
I have yet to see a new Voyager on the road since they came out. At first I liked the looks then the cheesy fairing became an eye sore. Kinda like a great figure with an ugly face.

Agreed. I was really looking forward to the Voyager. Got to the showroom and felt truly let-down. It's almost like Kawasaki didn't actually expect anyone to buy them, so they didn't put their whole heart in to the effort.

As far as a 3rd gen. RSV goes, while I love my 99 RSV, I think there's a lot of room for modernization. My fear is that any redesign would lead to a bike that more closely resembles a sport-touring frame than a touring-cruiser/bagger frame. I mean, right now in the luxury cruiser market you have:

1. Harley ultra classic. Nice bike, but I think the frame is a bit small in the frame - and it's a v-twin

2. Kawasaki Voyager. Cheezy body for the price (maybe if it were cheaper I could look past those lower fairings) - and it's a v-twin

3. Victory Vision. Which is a big ol' bike, but the additional body parts doesn't provide much more comfort or storage, just more weight and stuff to clean. and it's expensive - and it's a v-twin

4. Goldwing. What can anyone say about the goldwing. It's HUUUUGE. And that's just the sticker price. Either you love the GW or you hate it. Great for road trips, but sucks in parking lots. There's really no in-between - but at least it's not a v-twin

5. RSV. In my honest opinion, the perfectly sized bike. Not too big to be cumbersome in parking lots or as a daily rider, but big enough to hold my wife's crap on a week-long trip. Horribly outdated technology. but it's not a v-twin.

I don't have a brand-loyalty when it comes to bikes, so for me, I'm torn between a v-twin (which I can almost afford) or keeping my RSV alive until I die and never getting a different bike. If Yamaha came out with a redesigned RSV 3rd Gen that at least maintained the basic physical dimensions (seat height, leg room and luggage capacity) and got rid of that damn clutch whine, I'd sell one of my kidneys on e-bay right now for one. I'm not a big fan of v-twins just because they don't move my fat butt around those tractors on the highway with the same confidence as a 4+ cylinder engine.

I know, nobody cares.

I agree with you Mordalo, as I've posted in other threads. A few small changes and the RSV would be unreachable.

Change the motor to the Vmax with fuel injection.

update the electronics / audio

change the truck to open side to side (harley style)

quick release bags (harley again)

redesign the seat - an inch or so lower

The best part is, it could all be done with no major engineering work.

...they have dropped the Tour Deluxe.

LOOK OUT BELOW!

When I bought my 05 I thought I would keep it until the warranty was up and then buy the 3rd generation Venture. I hate to buy the first year production of anything though so it looks like I'll keep the Yamahawg forever. G*d knows it will last that long. I'm sure I'd love a wing but I can't get past the legroom and the looks. It reminds me of a home appliance.

I think my plan now is to keep an eye out for one of you chrome addicts to put your Venture up for sale, then snap up something that I know has been loved and kept up. At least I'll know how the bike will handle.