IGNORED

Great cup, h2o bottle holder idea

Ebabe

Can't recall who posted this, but what a great idea. Cut hole in bottom of standard foam beverage holder, fit down and around fuel filler cap and you are good to go. Leave enough on bottom to tuck around cap. Standard h2o bottle, soda can, etc. fits nicely and does not budge.:lightbulb:

Can't recall who posted this, but what a great idea. Cut hole in bottom of standard foam beverage holder, fit down and around fuel filler cap and you are good to go. Leave enough on bottom to tuck around cap. Standard h2o bottle, soda can, etc. fits nicely and does not budge.:lightbulb:

And it cuts out the glare on the windshield from the fuel cap.

Cut the bottom out of a standard Can Koozie and it fits tight down over the fuel cap. And you can still use it to put your can in.

And it cuts out the glare on the windshield from the fuel cap.

And to think I painted mine when I could have covered it with this idea... :rotf:

All kidding aside, I simply cleaned my gas filler cap real good and shot it with some flat black high-heat paint (high heat coz that's what I had available). Been that way all summer ... no scratches or peeling...yet.

If you have a full bottle of water and you accelerate quickly the bottle and Koozie, at times, will fall into your lap. Not fun when it is open and you are riding twisties two up.

(Don't ask me how I know this). :whistling:

Especially if the bottle was just purchased and still cold :big-grin-emoticon:

Where'd they go????:doh::whistling:

OOPS!! Hope this is rated G?

Edited by Aussie Annie
worried if G rated

To better secure holder to tank cap, don't cut all of bottom out. Cut the circle with 3/8" to 1/2" remaining. Enough to secure holder and beverage in place. For a better fit, use a bit higher quality holder. I used a neopreme or wetsuit-type material holder.......fits snugggggg!!!:mo money: A real Money saver, :farmer:and handy, too!

I don't know much about the filling up with water problem.:250:I live on the sunny Central California Coast. Riding in rain is not a good idea here. Drivers here forget where the wiper switch is, let alone know how to drive in the wet stuff.

Have a Great Weekend, Ebabe

If you have a full bottle of water and you accelerate quickly the bottle and Koozie, at times, will fall into your lap. Not fun when it is open and you are riding twisties two up.

(Don't ask me how I know this). :whistling:

I have never had one of these turn over and I've been using them for 3 or 4 years.

I have used up to 24 oz bottles, cups of coffee, milk shakes and about anything else I

find to put in there. There is a type that is very thin so maybe that's what you had.

Been a great idea for just a 99 cent item.

BOO

I think it was this site where I heard about using bicycle drink holders, the kind that attach to the lower front frame, on a motorcycle.

On my '86 VR, I made a mount from aluminum strap for a cheap holder from Wal-Mart, that has a rubber strap. With this I can hold everything from the Venture Rider thermal mug (GREAT!) to a big gulp, and it even looks decent. You just cut off the top part that snaps in those funny shapped water bottles so you can get stuff in and out easier.

For my wife's Shadow Ace Tour, we found an all aluminum model (she won't ever go for the big gulp so doesn't need the adjustable feature) and mounted it similar to the handlebar and it looks great on her bike with more chrome/aluminum May have $10 plus about 2 hours time in both of them!

boo,

you still have the can cooler i gave ya??

works well for me, and if you use a coffee or soda glass from the gas station, just get 2 cups and the outside one will stay tight in the cozy and keep the drink cooler or hotter longer and easier to get in and out of the holder, and holds the sweat from dripping all over your clean fuel tank..

mike