IGNORED

Single best modification you've made?

similost

What is the single most favorite modification you've made to your bike?

Was it a cup holder for your water, or a Dyna 3000, new pipes, LED lighting... trailer hitch?

What's the one thing you can't go without, and if you bought a new bike now it would be the first thing you do?

For my last bike, for me it was The FAIC pipe I put on it. Had I of known what I know now, I would have done that first thing.. I put pullback risers on it first mod, but it wasn't the best thing I did to it.

For this bike, I'm still not sure, but I'm thinking backrest will be the first thing I do, but I doubt in the long run it will be my favorite.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The very first thing I did was add passing lamps. I had these added to the bike before I picked it up. I consider these safety items. My previous bike did not have them at first. i had 3 incidents where cars pulled out in front of me. I added passing lights and never had this problem since. They will be the first thing I will add on my next bike.

The 2nd add-on was the backrest. It made a huge difference in long ride comfort.

Since the bike already had a backrest when I bought it I would have to say the addition of the Clearview windshield rates pretty much at the top followed by the Stebel Air horn. Higher output stator was also a plus. Then there was the Led lights conversion followed by the LED pod lights....and so on...and so on.....it never ends.....:mo money:

LOL.. yep.. it NEVER ends.. Thanksfully with my other bike, I've got it set up the way I want it.. however, for some reason now that I've got the Venture, I can see me tearing it apart and really dumping a fortune in it and building a custom bar hopper... eeeerrrr...

I have to agree with passing lamps.. one of the first things I did on the last bike, and it did make a major differance with people pulling out in front of me, but it still never completely solved the problem...

Lights and air horns are WAY up there on my list to get done.. better safe first than comfy..

Well my baby is gone, but the best one I did wax the "Eck-Stend-A-Grip" mod

It was the only bike out there on the road with four hand grips, and two being adjustable.

hhhh...VERY interesting.. never seen anything like that..

Single best... sorry, can't help you there. Top candidates in no particular order:

Comfort:

Backrest (Utopia in my case) - Doubled daily mileage capability

lower air deflectors (keep in the heat or vent it away depending on outdoor temp)

Safety:

Horn

Due for some additional rear lighting too though

Navigation:

Ram Mount for my Garmin 350 - Provides music (MP3 player) and navigation

Enjoyment:

Not really a mod but... Headset for intercom and CB. Group rides are that much more fun when in contact with the group via the CB. Better utility out of the music etc as well - PLUS I'm lucky to enjoy the conversation of the Mrs. while we're riding too;-)