IGNORED

Fuel Filter

Jack, if I remember right I used a FA 123 or something similar for a Ford. I just put one in a month ago and ill be darned if I cant find the box. But what I did do was to go with one slightly slimmer then the stock one so it slides up out of that hard to reach clamp. I left the rubber cushion in place and the hoses hold the slimmer filter in place just fine. Next time you need to change it just pull up on the hose and you reach the bottom real easy. Take yours to the parts store and look for a slimmer one with a 3/8th opening.

Jack, if I remember right I used a FA 123 or something similar for a Ford. I just put one in a month ago and ill be darned if I cant find the box. But what I did do was to go with one slightly slimmer then the stock one so it slides up out of that hard to reach clamp. I left the rubber cushion in place and the hoses hold the slimmer filter in place just fine. Next time you need to change it just pull up on the hose and you reach the bottom real easy. Take yours to the parts store and look for a slimmer one with a 3/8th opening.

Thanks for the advice Jeff. But.... I think the FA123 is an EBC brake pad number??? :)

I use a Napa #3011 about $ 3.50 give it a try :whistling:

Napa stores are getting fairly rare around here, but maybe Auto Zone or O'Riley's might have a comparison chart...

There is a Parts Alternatives post in the 2nd Gen Tech Library that has this information.

goose

Dang!! Thanks for the reminder Goose. I have read it in the past, and it's been very helpfull. Getting old is a PITA.... :backinmyday: I did click on the link for O'Riley and it didn't get me to where I wanted to go, but off the hotlink I pulled CO262. I bet that's the part number. Yes??? And I just tried the link again and it now works... Go Figure....

I use this ff on my venture. I am on my 2nd ff already. Available at Advance Auto. [ATTACH]78228[/ATTACH]

Yea, thats the #.....pretty similar to the FA123 brake # that I originally quoted. So im not as sharp as I used to be......:backinmyday:

• 2 weeks later...

I happened to have a Yamaha & a NAPA filter for comparison.

Length 4-1/8" Napa 3-7/8" Yamaha

Dia 1-3/16" at large end NAPA 1-1/8" Yamaha

the ends on the NAPA are 5/16" and the Yamaha is just a shade over 5/16" not including the bump.

Keith

Gee, just yesterday I replaced my PITA to get to filter! I went to Auto Zone and found a metal one about the same diameter and stuck the rubber mount on it halfway up as far as it would go before it hit the center seam. Sorry, already threw the box away, the filter cost between $4 and $5, can't remember if it was $4.69 or $4.99...

No give me a minute V7goose has a write up about changing it. See if I can find it. But basically remove side cover on left side and work the filter up towards the top remove bottom hose and attach to new filter then work new filter back down a ways and attach top hose then push back in place. I think

Here you go I was wrong it wasn't Goose http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=76515

Edited by playboy

• 1 month later...