IGNORED

Shipping a Venture

AKRefugee

I'm moving from CT to SoCal. Anyone ever ship their Venture?

I know, I know, I would rather ride it out but time constraints and other events won't allow that.

If so who did you use and why? Any ones to look out for?

Looking at JC Motors Motorcycle Shipping just less than a grand coast to coast.

Any one know of their rep?

Ideas, thoughts suggestions?

I've never shipped a bike and don't know anyone who has, but here's an article that lists a lot of shippers. Not sure if all the links are current, but there's enough good links to give some comparisons on price and service.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-shipping-transport/?cfA3F3228E=ejAwODE3OTpnb29keWVhcmludGVybmV0OtmLaZ2JBApBmArq3SRPKrY=

I have got some vacation time if you got the pesos senor. All kidding aside, if you do not mind having the bike ridden there. What is you time frame? Let me know. I might be able to get some riders to tag along. I ride with Star Touring and Riding, Chapter 278 Long Island NY. Give me a call : 631 807 2397.

Tak'r easy,

Ricardo.

I'm thinking----cross country relay.......... it'll eventually get there. Kinda like a trucking company!!!!!

LOL

Dan

Well, It's been done by this bunch before.:thumbsup2: You just never know how many states it will visit before it gets there:think:...That's a loooong way.:cool10:

I used JC to ship my 04 from TN to Albuquerque in Feb after I bought it on Ebay. They did an excellent job. Cost $790.00.

When it got here there was a small chip on the trunk spoiler/wing. I submitted a claim for $269.00 to replace the part and I had a check in 2 weeks, no questions asked.

Highly recommended.

Hi guys.

I have had six bikes shipped in USA and always used the same company but,,,,last time was the LAST time I will use them. Found out the hard way that they auction out their shipping to independent drivers and miscalenous companys. They even use open carhaulers for the bikes. When loading the bike onto the hauler the driver drove the bike up the ramp and straight off the side of the ramp down to the ground when more than halfway up. Fell down more than three feet and got a 2.200US$ damage. Took more than nine weeks to get the bike fixed with a lot of hazzle. My advice is - Go with the experienced companys that do motorcycle shipping only, that preferrably have their own trucks and never, ever ship it in a open vehicle. Enclosed trailer is the only way. Decided to keep the bike in USA for now and am planning a trip next spring to pick up the bike and do some riding before shipping it to Iceland. Hope to be able to meet some of you nice people while I am there.

Thanks all for the input. I have decided to use Haul Bikes. Checked multiple resources and got back nothing but good remarks about them and no bad comments anywhere. Getting it done for $796 all inclusive door - to - door which isn't bad at all.