IGNORED

Can You ID This Bike?

easttexasrider

I thik so,

From Euro website:

INTRODUCING A NEW SERIES OF 1700cc V-TWIN CRUISERS

For 2009, Kawasaki is proud to introduce its newest series of big V-Twins. The VN1700 series, successors to the VN1600 models, all featuring powerful 1700cc engines, confidence inspiring handling and trademark Kawasaki craftsmanship.

The new engine design is similar to that of the mighty VN2000, but features a SOHC rather than OHV arrangement. Its increase in displacement and long-stroke design ensure both torque and horsepower gains over the VN1600 models. New features include Kawasaki’s first fully electronic throttle valve system, a new 6-speed transmission with overdrive, and belt final drive like the VN2000 and VN900 models.

The new lightweight chassis is more compact than that used on previous models. Chassis design and suspension settings result in light handling while maintaining good straight-line stability.

Bodywork and engine covers were completely redesigned. Like on all Kawasaki Cruisers, meticulous attention to detail and exquisite craftsmanship result in a motorcycle that turns heads whether parked in front of a café or cruising down the highway.

The VN1700 series is comprised of three models: VN1700 Voyager, VN1700 Classic Tourer and a VN1700 Classic. Variations in tuning and equipment mean there is a VN1700 model for all Kawasaki Cruiser fans.

Brief overview:

VN1700 Voyager: Kawasaki’s first V-Twin “full-dress” tourer features all the comfort features, equipment and optional accessories necessary for long-distance two-up touring.

VN1700 Classic Tourer: Cruise control, large windshield, hard panniers, passenger floorboards and luxury backrest enable comfortable two-up touring. Ideal for overnight or weekend tours with a passenger.

VN1700 Classic: Whether looking to ride around town or to escape the city for the day, the Classic offers a great V-Twin pulse, effortless handling and timeless looks.

FIRST EVER JAPANESE FULL-DRESS V-TWIN TOURER

Designed for those riders who set their sights beyond the horizon, the new VN1700 Voyager offers everything needed for comfortable long-distance touring… with or without a passenger.

Kawasaki’s first full-dress V-Twin, the new Voyager is equipped with a large front cowl and windshield, as well as leg shields for superior protection from the wind and elements. Ample storage care of a rear mounted “trunk”, hard panniers and dual glove boxes ensure that all the touring necessities, and even a few luxuries, can be accommodated.

Essential touring features like cruise control and a 6-speed transmission with an overdrive gear are joined by Kawasaki’s latest innovative technology. Kawasaki Advanced Coactive-braking Technology (K-ACT) complements rider actuated brake control with supplementary brake force enhancement for confident, highly effective braking in all situations. Kawasaki’s first fully Electronic Throttle Valve (ETV) system offers smooth, natural engine response.

The new 1700cc long-stroke liquid-cooled V-Twin engine offers increased torque and power output for superior passing performance. The new powerplant is mounted in a compact, lightweight frame that delivers both light handling and straight-line stability.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/docs/docDownload.aspx?guid=0910000B-9F10-407C-9B4D-3BA09C53B869&webtag=MCTourer- Attachments follow - http://acx.prospero.com/n/docs/docDownload.aspx?webtag=MCTourer&guid=0910000B-9F10-407C-9B4D-3BA09C53B869&height=64

That is the proto 2010 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Voyager ... Pretty bike, but very

thin on warranty (12 months) and goodies ... You can see it now on the Kawasaki site ...

does have cruise, AM/FM/Intercom and a huge price for either XM or CB option to fit on

the radio .. The Standard Vulcan AM/FM is about $750 if I remember right ..

I still maintain that we should rename it as a YAMAKAWI-DAVIDSON. Took the back of a Venture and side-hinged the trunk, scavenged a Vulcan driveline, then rebuilt the fairing from a Road Glide. However it certainly has caused a stir. Even more than the Victory Vision when it came out. Someday I might even own a Royal Glide Vulcan.

:big-grin-emoticon:

JB

Guest buckbuckey25

Victory!!! It looks like a Victory motor to me. The only other motor that it can be mistaken for is the older zuk intruder 1400. Outside of that.. those look like victory jugs to me.. as well.. Look at the lower end of the motor (primary).

Unless HD is moving to overhead cam and water cooled!!! NOT!

All the other stuff can be add one from other bikes.

Also that front fairing is more of the "road glide" as opposed to the electra which is a batwing fairing. No reason it couldn't be one of those china jobs that we just don't ever see released here...

My 2 cents!

Its the new Kaw. I saw one yesterday. From a distance very similar to what we all were wanting in the new Venture. Kaw beat Yama to it!

Where did you see one?? According to an article I read it wasn't supposed to be available until late winter/early spring. ???? I hope they are hitting the showrooms now, I gotta see one in person!!