IGNORED

About a second quicker...

Venturous Randy

no, that's not quarter mile times. If I had been about a second quicker getting to a low visability intersection in my neighborhood, I would have been T-boned in the right side. About three blocks from my house this morning, I was coming over a slight hill and caught sight of a car coming up to a stop sign that was going to fast to get stopped in time. I layed on the brakes and airhorns. When the woman came to a stop, her front end was about a foot from the yellow centerline. She was blocking my lane completely. I got stopped a couple feet before I contacted her front bumper. As we were sitting in the intersection with her not moving, I looked in the car and it was two young Mexican looking women and they were still not looking at me. They were gesturing at each other like they were trying to figure out which way to turn. We never did make eye contact with me staring straight at them. I decided that the best thing for me to do was to do a sharp left and ease around the front of their car. I would have sat there if it had not been for me being concerned about someone coming across the hill and rearending me.

We have had a big problem for awhile now with Mexicans driving without a license and any insurance. It is a routine thing to look in the daily police records in the paper and see Mexican sounding names getting charged with DUI. no license or insurance.

I have aready increased my uninsured motorist coverage, but I doubt if it is enough. What's worse is this situation is constantly getting worse, not better and I don't feel there is anything we can do about it.

RandyA

Edited by Venturous Randy

Randy, it is a good thing that you weren't a second quicker and everything turned out okay. It is unbelieveable that people don't pay attention.

Whenever I get delayed for some reason or the other when I am on my way, and I start to feel frustrated, I stop and think that perhaps I have avoided a tradegy. Soooo, seconds do count, one way or the other!

Glad you are safe!:thumbsup2:

Randy' date=' it is a good thing that you weren't a second quicker and everything turned out okay. It is unbelieveable that people don't pay attention. [/color']

Whenever I get delayed for some reason or the other when I am on my way, and I start to feel frustrated, I stop and think that perhaps I have avoided a tradegy. Soooo, seconds do count, one way or the other!

Glad you are safe!:thumbsup2:

Yes, I do this also. It is a form of rationization that this delay must be for a reason. If you keep in mind that at 30mph you are traveling at 44 feet per second, that second earlier to the intersection would have put me just about at her front bumper when she came out into the intersection. I would also have had to steer right for a fraction of a second to go left. That would have made it even worse.

Thanks for the comments.

I really don't know what they were up to at 7:00 in the morning, but they did not seem to know where they were going

RandyA

no, that's not quarter mile times. If I had been about a second quicker getting to a low visability intersection in my neighborhood, I would have been T-boned in the right side. About three blocks from my house this morning, I was coming over a slight hill and caught sight of a car coming up to a stop sign that was going to fast to get stopped in time. I layed on the brakes and airhorns. When the woman came to a stop, her front end was about a foot from the yellow centerline. She was blocking my lane completely. I got stopped a couple feet before I contacted her front bumper. As we were sitting in the intersection with her not moving, I looked in the car and it was two young Mexican looking women and they were still not looking at me. They were justuring at each other like they were trying to figure out which way to turn. We never did make eye contact with me staring straight at them. I decided that the best thing for me to do was to do a sharp left and ease around the front of their car. I would have sat there if it had not been for me being concerned about someone coming across the hill and rearending me.

We have had a big problem for awhile now with Mexicans driving without a license and any insurance. It is a routine thing to look in the daily police records in the paper and see Mexican sounding names getting charged with DUI. no license or insurance.

I have aready increased my uninsured motorist coverage, but I doubt if it is enough. What's worse is this situation is constantly getting worse, not better and I don't feel there is anything we can do about it.

RandyA

You don't mean to tell me!!!!!

glad you were sharp enough to read the road ahead!

if you've got ILLEGALS in tenn., then i ain't goin to visit you!

i hear they are terrible drivers, but are SUPER BABYMAKERS!!!!!

lol

just jt

All I could tell for sure is there were two women maybe gesturing or justuring to each other more then paying attention to the driving. I have to remember how this works. So when someone is a bad driver and looks Mexican then they don't have a license, insurance and collect DUIs? I'll be sure my son is up on this, he's marrying a Hispanic girl next month.

Let's not get off track folks. Nobody said that anything applies to anybody who looks Mexican. He said that the local police reports are FULL of such incidences. That is true around here also. I am NOT anti-Mexican, my son is also married to a Hispanic lady and she is wonderful. We are not talking about Hispanics in general but those that are here illegally.

Now let's please not turn this into a political discussion.

All I could tell for sure is there were two women maybe gesturing or justuring to each other more then paying attention to the driving. I have to remember how this works. So when someone is a bad driver and looks Mexican then they don't have a license, insurance and collect DUIs? I'll be sure my son is up on this, he's marrying a Hispanic girl next month.

Unfortunately, neither streotypes nor bad expectations are formed out of either immagination or pure predjudice. Having come to this country by way of South America - very legaly BTW, I too was innitially taken aback. Having now lived in California for quite a few years not only do I see where the stereotypes came from but I find myself becoming increasingly angry and predjudiced. I think if immigrants in general (and not just the illegals) made an effort to assimilate instead of expecting the host country to adapt to them, the rising tide of predjudice might abate.... Meanwhile, let's get rid of the illegals by not offering them jobs and freebies paid for by hard working americans. I trully resent the thought that hard earned and deserved benefits to our citizens might be cut because of these illegal parasites. Now that I got this off my chest, I think I'll go pour myself a tranquilizer!!!

Let's not get off track folks. Nobody said that anything applies to anybody who looks Mexican. He said that the local police reports are FULL of such incidences. That is true around here also. I am NOT anti-Mexican, my son is also married to a Hispanic lady and she is wonderful. We are not talking about Hispanics in general but those that are here illegally.

Very well stated, Freebird. I could see this going the wrong direction in a hurry.

There seems to be a double standard for dealing with them. We had a situation here in Myrtle Beach where 2 illegals were drag racing on a public highway. One lost control and killed a pedestrian. Two years later he is walking the streets, :255:supposedly pending being booted out of the US. Perhaps it is time for some more soul searching in dealing with those who are not here legitimately in a more equitable method. What we are seeing now is not getting it done very well at all.

I guess I didn't see the link to Illegals but did notice it went that way. Maybe I just expect too much here.

The clear term for Illegals would have been "Illegal Mexicans" or Mexican Nationals" here illegally. There are also "Mexican Americans". This group belongs here as much as my Irish, English, Danish American butt. The term "Mexican" is the legal and illegal in one group. There are many legal "Mexicans" among us. I expect many in this group.

The damage from the illegals is expensive in cost and lives. Illegals come from many countries but we just see more from south of the border here in the states down south.