IGNORED

Craftsman jack

I just bought the Craftsman lift jack but have never used one. I read the thread and replies on lifting an RSV, using the lift adapter, hockey pucs, 2x4's, etc. Seems pretty simple. I am usually alone when doing anything in the garage so the question I have is what is the best way to hold the bike staight up while getting the jack positioned and lifted? I know another person would be the easiest but not always possible.

OK before everybody jumps in here and tells you to go look in the classified for Carbon1 lift adapter I will.

Go look in the classified for Carbon1's lift adapter. LOL

You'll like I promise.

Steve

aka Bubber

Hope that helps.

Here's the listing in the classifieds, I can't recommend it enough, I have 1

:thumbsup2:

Correction Squidley, you HAD one. :whistling: I "stole" it and have been using it quite frequently here lately. And you are right of course. It is a great addition to the jack that I also pinched. It holds the bike steady while you lift it and even steadier after you put the legs on it and take the jack out from under it. If one is not in the budget at this time, do as I did and catch someone not home and "borrow" thiers. LOL:dancefool::rotf:

Seriously, if you do not have a jack or lift adapter, the boards will work OK. Just be cautious because they are not quite as steady.

Good Luck

I have not seen the need for a motorcycle lift/jack. What does a motorcycle lift/jack do that a regular floor jack can't do other than making it nicer to R&R the rear wheel on a dresser when the area below the tire opens up. I did my 6 mounts with a floor jack.

Lastly, I am not lifting my bike on the pipes.

I just use 4 pieces of 2x2 wood. I slide the jack under the bike and position the first two pieces under the left side frame rail (one in front of the kickstand switch). Just make sure the jack is not pushed too far in, as the bike will pull back to the right as it stands upright.

With the wood in place on the jack rails, I just slowly start raising the jack, which gently stands the bike straight up. There is plenty of time to adjust the position of the wood blocks under the right frame rail before they touch as the bike stands up. Nothing to it!

I have to run my front wheel up on a piece of wood before I can get my jack under it. Not a problem really. Otherwise I have to stand it almost straight up to get the jack under. It's a little hairy holding the bike with one hand and the jack with the other. That's the reason for the board.