IGNORED

not bike related

hipshot

i have a question, for all you "electronic geniuses", out there.

what is "true RMS".

today, i swapped a $50.00 "wal-mart gift card", for a FLUKE 117 true rms electrician's multi tester.

brand new, still in the shrink wrapper.

how bad did i get hosed?

just jt

i have a question, for all you "electronic geniuses", out there.

what is "true RMS".

today, i swapped a $50.00 "wal-mart gift card", for a FLUKE 117 true rms electrician's multi tester.

brand new, still in the shrink wrapper.

how bad did i get hosed?

just jt

I would say you did allright. Online price is nearly $150.

http://www.testequipmentdepot.com/fluke/dmm/117.htm?gclid=CIjAz6SU_ZQCFQH0Igod6wOlrA

DT

YESSIR!

clear as mud , here , too!

i'll never have occasion to use this feature, but it's nice to know that I COULDN'T IF I WANTED TO"LOL!

thanks mike.

oh, for the "hosing " i took. i guess i'll just keep it.might put it in the freezer for a while though, it has a warm smell to it!

just jt

RMS - Root Mean Square is a true measurement of amperage and/or power. AC power is transmitted in a sinusoidal wave form at 60 Hz (50 Hz in Europe). If you take the peak of the amperage and multiply it by (sqrt2)/2 = 0.707, you end up with the RMS value. In effect, it equals the true area under the curve.

(I hope I got that right)

You got a good buy.

RR

Good meter. For normal usage true RMS won't make a difference. It matters when trouble shooting some stuff Like motor controllers, VSD,some power supply's/generators. With digital meters you will get "ghost" readings they are real sensitive to RF and any induced voltage. Rod

RMS - Root Mean Square is a true measurement of amperage and/or power. AC power is transmitted in a sinusoidal wave form at 60 Hz (50 Hz in Europe). If you take the peak of the amperage and multiply it by (sqrt2)/2 = 0.707, you end up with the RMS value. In effect, it equals the true area under the curve.

(I hope I got that right)

You got a good buy.

RR

RMS is root mean square, but that formula is wrong, isn't it? I thought the formula was 1/(sqrt2) to equal .707. For some reason the answer comes out the same. I don't know why that works. Maybe that's just the magic of the number.

for all you "mathematicians" then...

what's the answer to this complicated linear equasion?

3 + 4 * 5 = ?

I'm not 100 Percent sure about the Characters you used, but the Result would be 23 here in Germany.

But it could possibly mean also 16807.

I gather that the * is a substitute for X.

In that case the question is: what is 3+4X5?

We (should) know that multiplicands and dividers are acted on first.

In this case the solution is

3 + (4 X 5)

= 3 + 20

= 23.

I win (too)!:clap2: