IGNORED

Baron Adjustable Passenger Floorboards

juggler

Has anyone tried these passenger highway foot boards?

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?model_ID=42&Category_ID=6&manufacturer_ID=167&product_ID=3515

I just ordered a set for my RSV in hopes of solving the problem they mention, "Eliminate the whine from your passenger seat". They won't ship until the 18th of August so I won't know how good they are until then. I was just curious to know if anyone else has tried these.

Hey Juggler,

I haven't tried these passenger floorboards but have been interested in them. A friend on mine has a gold wing and kuryakin makes a pair that are excellent but they don't make them for the venture. Let me know if you like them and I will order a set. Thanks

Has anyone tried these passenger highway foot boards?

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?model_ID=42&Category_ID=6&manufacturer_ID=167&product_ID=3515

I just ordered a set for my RSV in hopes of solving the problem they mention, "Eliminate the whine from your passenger seat". They won't ship until the 18th of August so I won't know how good they are until then. I was just curious to know if anyone else has tried these.

I don't know about the floorboards,But I eliminate the whine by leaving her at home.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I can safely say this today because I am unsupervised.......:whistling::whistling: until tonite.....:)

• 1 month later...

:soapbox:

I finally got my Barons Passenger Floor boards. They are about to get hit with mail fraud charges. These floorboards are NOT as advertised. The pictures my wife took make this fact very clear. To take the photos I set the bike up on the lift with just enough support to stand the bike up without lifting it off the ground. My wife set her camera on her tripod. We made sure that nothing moved while we took the photos.

This is the marketing for these from Barons:

"Eliminate the whine from your passenger seat. When your legs get stiff and cramped, you can stretch out on your highway pegs, but what about your passenger?
Baron’s floorboards offer extended and improved legroom
, as well as multiple adjustment angles for better foot support.
Mounting Brackets are sold separately

Positions feet in a more comfortable, forward location from stock."

http://www.baronscustom.com/catalog/display/788/index.html

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?Category_ID=55&manufacturer_ID=167&product_ID=3515&model_ID=10&query=Model_42%20barons

Here are the photos: Stock floorboards, Barons, the two superimposed, and then me holding the stock on next to the Barons.

The photos clearly show they DO NOT move the foot position forward offering no improved or extended legroom. From what I can tell this is complete false advertising. Come Monday they are not going to be happy with me. I double checked the mounting brackets and they are the correct brackets according to the package and the website.

Edited by juggler

I have these on my venture and the fact that they adjust the angle and my wife having a fused ankle helped her and the fact that she is short legged. so they work for me ,but you were mislead by them putting that with the venture and tour deluxe, most of the other bikes in the list that they fit come factory with pegs for the passenger.In the past barons has been good about returns for me hope they are the same for you

Juggler:

Great follow up by the way....especially the camera work....I looked at these same things for a LONG time....Wife is 5'1" and really did not need to have forward movement of the foot board, so I went with Yamaha passenger upgrade in chrome...wife is comfortable as they are...

NOTE: I just came back from a StarBQue in NC and a couple of guys I met there have the following...

1. Same Barons set up you bought....his wife is 5'1" also....Done more to match is Barons rider floor boards....Not really a "comfort" upgrade mod....They were however the Enferno Short Board for the passenger.....Enferno Long for the Rider....

2. Yamaha "chrome" upgrade rider floorboards WITH the "Diamond R" Passenger Highway Pegs....His wife is about 5'7"....Rode from OHIO to NC and have had the Diamond R pegs for a while...Her reply when I asked HER about them....Makes long rides very comfortable...Let me change my leg position

Here's two links to my picture of the bike with them on....He has them standup, by they fold back even with the floor board and forward to about 40 Degrees I think...Also Diamond R web link for the pegs...

Hope you can work it out....NOTE: on my pic's pages...use the "zoom" icon and you can really see a close up of the pegs......

George In Virginia...

[/url]http://www.diamondraccessories.com/yamaha/proddisplay.php?name=Passenger%20Highway%20Pegs

Pic 1:

http://picasaweb.google.com/gharbourjr/MidAtlantic_StarBQue_2008?authkey=ikN4fT85r5A#5235625714217222642

Pic 2:

http://picasaweb.google.com/gharbourjr/MidAtlantic_StarBQue_2008?authkey=ikN4fT85r5A#5235625672173381586

Pic 3: Venture with Barons floor boards....Folded up, but this is the guy (I know him) whose wife is the same height as mine...5'1"....

http://picasaweb.google.com/gharbourjr/MidAtlantic_StarBQue_2008?authkey=ikN4fT85r5A#5243010936766055314

I've tried the Diamond R passenger pegs already. Those didn't help. All you guys got short wives. My wife is 5'8"ish. Her legs are longer. Anything that makes her fold up her legs more is bad. My complaint with the Barons is the false advertising. They claim to move the foot position more forward and offer extended leg room. That is an outright lie.

For people that need LESS leg room so their passenger can more easily reach the pegs these would be great. They just do not do what they claim. And considering the price I'm really pissed off!

If we're going to add tags at the bottom, could we please try to spell things correctly? Spell Baron's with two rs like was done there and it won't turn up in a search. Could one of the mods please correct this, and also make cruiser and customizing two separate words?

By your pictures, it looks like these actually mount the floorboards higher? Am I seeing it right? It sure doesn't look like they are any more forward at all. I think the only way to get them more forward or farther down is to fab up our own mounting brackets.

Go back to the original post, cruisercustomizing is part of a web link and Baron's is spelled with 1 R. :)

If we're going to add tags at the bottom, could we please try to spell things correctly? Spell Baron's with two rs like was done there and it won't turn up in a search. Could one of the mods please correct this, and also make cruiser and customizing two separate words?

Hey pegscraper not sure what you're complaining about here but since you brought up correcting stuff... How about correcting your sig....

Here's what it looks like..

picture.php?albumid=50&pictureid=565picture.php?albumid=50&pictureid=408picture.php?albumid=50&pictureid=409

"One does not earn respect with side air bags and a power moon roof." Kawasaki ad

Hey pegscraper not sure what you're complaining about here but since you brought up correcting stuff... How about correcting your sig....

Here's what it looks like..

picture.php?albumid=50&pictureid=565picture.php?albumid=50&pictureid=408picture.php?albumid=50&pictureid=409

"One does not earn respect with side air bags and a power moon roof." Kawasaki ad

You do like to stir the pot, don't you. My linked pictures show up fine for myself and most other people. I have determined that it's not a problem on my end. It's a problem of the user's own computer.

Stir the pot??? Sounds like you're stirring the pot with that stirring the pot comment.. I spoke in plain english... I have no idea what tags or misspellings you are talking about... but you're sig is messed up here... Maybe my spyware is blocking your sig... Are you a Spy???? Whatever... I see 3 little white boxes with red Xs in them... Maybe it's just me... Que sera sera

Upon closer inspection here's what I get: picture.php?albumid=50&pictureid=565 The image ''http://venturerider.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=50&pictureid=565'' cannot be displayed because it contains errors

Then that error produced this error:

Warning: readfile([path]//images/clear_dot.gif) [function.readfile]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/picture.php on line 195

Edited by MAINEAC

Hey Juggler sorry to get your thread offtrack... But just to clear things up... You bought the floorboards for $179 and the mounts for like another $79 and they aren't any better than the stock? They do say they have several settings... I'm guessing you tried them all... I can't see how they could go much more forward than stock... My calves hit the stockers once in a while now... If they were more forward I'd be whacking them all the time... It sounds like you need them lower... They sure look like they could go lower in the pics... If they don't you should be entitled to your money back.. Good luck man

Thinking outside the box here... Maybe these could be mounted to the saddlebag guards and get the boards down lower for your Tigress and could probably be used while retaining the stock boards for a change of pace and both would fold up when the Tigress is triking... Just throwing it out there...

http://www.chromeworld.com/images/product/large/lg_127.jpg

This might not sound right ,but is there a chance you can flip the brackets over to the other side? If so it looks like it would give the position you want.It,s hard to tell from the pictures.:think:

I tried that already. Only if I take a saws all and cut off my exhaust.

Hey Juggler sorry to get your thread offtrack... But just to clear things up... You bought the floorboards for $179 and the mounts for like another $79 and they aren't any better than the stock? They do say they have several settings... I'm guessing you tried them all... I can't see how they could go much more forward than stock... My calves hit the stockers once in a while now... If they were more forward I'd be whacking them all the time... It sounds like you need them lower... They sure look like they could go lower in the pics... If they don't you should be entitled to your money back.. Good luck man

Oh I've tried every possible way to mount these with out cutting them up. The issue is false advertising. They claim to move the foot position forward and offer MORE and EXTENDED leg room. These cut the leg room down by about 3 inches. The only adjusting is the angle of the floorboard; flat, tilted or more tilted.

I emailed both Barons and Cruiser Customizing about my displeasure with the Baron Passenger floorboards and the fact that they are not as advertised.

To be real clear. Cruiser Customizing has done nothing wrong. The are simply reselling the Baron product using the Baron marketing text.

Baron Accessories has just responded. They are as I type getting an RSV in the shop and installing a set to verify my claims. So far their response is perfect. They want to verify the claim and resolve the issue.

Here is their full response.

Wil,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will look into the situation right away, in fact my R&D staff is rolling a Venture Frame (RSTD) onto the lift at this time and pulling the parts you are referencing to be able to check the details of the design against our notes to see if something has changed, we will also look at our marketing details to be sure of where the issue lies.

Your letter was quite shocking to receive just regarding the legroom issue and that knowledge whether received by phone or and email would have had us looking into the situation

Our reputation stands for itself, we’ve never been accused of anything like what you are accusing us of at this time. Your statement “I
will contact the Minnesota State Attorney General office about your false advertising and the U.S. Postal Service about possible mail fraud”
has us wondering if something else happened that would cause you to feel you would need to go to such lengths?

We would never knowingly make a claim that was untrue and are researching why/how this situation occurred. Be assured we will be looking into all of this.

In the meantime I would appreciate being able to speak with you regarding the entire situation. I would hate to lose a customer over something like this so please call me at x-xxx-xxx-xxxx or xxx-xxx-xxxx be assured that whatever the situation is our goal is to have customers that are satisfied and to that end we do everything we can to find the cause of any issue brought to our attention and correct it moving forward. The good news is that we really care about what we do and I am certain we have a floorboard product that does provide the extended legroom you are looking for and one that you will be 100% satisfied that I will happily provide to you. I look forward to hearing from you and getting you and your wife riding in more comfort.

Additionally please advise me of the forum message board where you have posted so that I can read what was and is being posted.

Thank you.

Regards,

John
"Baron"
Vaughan-Chaldy

Baron Custom Accessories

No harm in telling them what forums. In fact its a good Idea. I have purchased many Barons products and have always been happy. If they want to sell more they can answer for themselves and if they care enough to ask that then they do care what is being said. I think thats a good thing. If I remember right a while ago a member here had a issue with a helmet I think and the vendor came on and actually issued a public apoligy to the customer. I think that is pretty cool and went a long way to restoring their reputation.

No harm in telling them what forums. In fact its a good Idea. I have purchased many Barons products and have always been happy. If they want to sell more they can answer for themselves and if they care enough to ask that then they do care what is being said. I think thats a good thing. If I remember right a while ago a member here had a issue with a helmet I think and the vendor came on and actually issued a public apoligy to the customer. I think that is pretty cool and went a long way to restoring their reputation.

I already sent them a link to this thread in my response to their response.

When I get the money I was really looking forward to buying the V Four chrome timing and water pump covers from Baron Accessories.

If the Baron guys can deliver on that statement, I would be ecstatic! Considering the fact that we are going on a week long trip at the end of this month, and I was really looking forward to more legroom with the new boards.

[quote=juggler;249066

The good news is that we really care about what we do and I am certain we have a floorboard product that does provide the extended legroom you are looking for and one that you will be 100% satisfied that I will happily provide to you. I look forward to hearing from you and getting you and your wife riding in more comfort.

Regards,

John
"Baron"
Vaughan-Chaldy

Baron Custom Accessories