IGNORED

What to do...what to do?????

Condor

Well I took 83#2 out for an afternoon run to check out the gas milage. 83#1 was...no is.... getting 50mpg, and I've been leaning towards it for the trip to Ft Collins even though #2 runs stronger. So anyway after logging 68miles of a mix of 20% city and 80% highway at around 65-75mph I find I'm getting 41.5 mpg with #2. Not to shabby. Here's the deal. Both bikes need a little attention before taking off. #1 needs the dash pulled and gone thru. Dash lights, CPU resolder etc., but has progressives, all new clutch, and all new brakes. #2 has a leak in the rear shock somewhere and is not holding pressure, and second gear is just starting to jump/skip but if taken easy second can still be used. I will be pulling a Piggy Backer. I've got to make a decission soon in order to start rigging the hitch and doing the wiring. I'm not any good at last minute to-do's. Whacha think???

I would take #1

i'll take the other one!!!

lol

condor, please pay no attention to redneck!

he is on a "kick back" program that yamaha offers to a select few 2nd gen riders.

their mission, is to SELL everyone a 2nd gen, so that they can quit making parts for the 1st gen, that will never wear out!

:stirthepot::stirthepot:

just jt

p.s. choose the one you are most comfortable about making a looong trip on,without expecting any problems.

i'll take the other one!!!

lol

condor, please pay no attention to redneck!

he is on a "kick back" program that yamaha offers to a select few 2nd gen riders.

their mission, is to SELL everyone a 2nd gen, so that they can quit making parts for the 1st gen, that will never wear out!

quote]

LOL!! Yeah but he's harmless....:whistling: And besides some very good friends ride 2's.

As far as comfort goes, they both sit great..... On response, #1 with the Avons is more nimble than #2 with the EII's. Slight edge to #1.

I thought you made a post the other day that said a first gen would part out for about 3k so you have 2 first gens thats 6k you can buy a second gen for 6k.:confused24:

Actually I'll trade all 4 of my 1stGens for a 2Gen. but the only way I'd do it is if it's a red 2000...... :whistling: What say you guys? Know anybody with a red RSV??

By most comfortable..I think he meant that one you feel will be the have the best chance of making the trip with the fewest potential problems. You know your bikes better than anyone else so it's really up to you...Don

By most comfortable..I think he meant that one you feel will be the have the best chance of making the trip with the fewest potential problems. You know your bikes better than anyone else so it's really up to you...Don

I think I'm leaning toward 83#1 for one reason only. 50mpg. They are both great bikes and I have all the confidence that either one would do the round trip without breaking a sweat. So I guess it's the one that gets the best milage...