IGNORED

Doing pretty good

SteveW

Well its been 2 weeks since my hip replacement and I want to thank all of you that wished me well. ( Thanks !!!! you guys are great )

They took out the staples today and are letting me hobble around with a cane. It is really hard not to head up to the shop and get working again.

Sitting around has never been my thing.

The hip has healed great and I how have no pain in it at all. The bad thing is I will have to have the right knee replaced in Oct. ( Its a B..... getting old and falling apart ). I'm hoping I get the go back to work word from the Doc. on the 14th of Aug. I can handle a couple more weeks but just resting up and not being able to ride is the pitts.

I hope everyone is having a great time out there on the open roads and keeping it safe.

Have Fun and keep it between the ditches.

Steve

Steve,

Sure glad your up and moving around now. Im sure sitting around isnt yuor thing..it sure isnt mine either...

Hang in there bud..and you will be back on your feet again in no time.

new hip now and a new knee soon - there is not going to be any catching up with you, you're going to lead the pack!

“Steve Wagner. Astronaut... Ummmm wait... Ummmm... Radiator grill manufacturer. A man barely alive. We can rebuild him. We have the technology. We can make him better than he was before. Better. Stronger. Faster.” :rotf:

Edited by gibvel

“Steve Wagner. Astronaut... Ummmm wait... Ummmm... Radiator cover manufacturer. A man barely alive. We can rebuild him. We have the technology. We can make him better than he was before. Better. Stronger. Faster.” :rotf:

The bionic man! :hihi:

Glad your healing up Steve!

Glad to hear the good news about your recovery. I'd tell you not to push it, but I know just how hard that can be. It's a lot easier to be down when you feel badly. Once you get to feeling good that whole Call Of The Wild thing can kick in with a vengeance.

Tip: Don't ask "When can I ride again", ask "When can I resume normal activities".

I get my key back tomorrow. :banana: I hope you get yours back soon too.

I think the couch time is worse than the bed time. You just know if you can get out of bed you can swing a leg over that thing. Climbing around on a garage floor putting one togather is the reason they had to go back in and replace all my hardware. I bent it!!!! STAY PUT TIL YOU ARE READY!!!

GOOD LUCK You will enjoy that first one.

I guess I don't have much choice in taking it easy the wife took my car keys since I drove up to the mailbox yesterday. I am hoping to get back to work on the Grills in 3 weeks but I'm not going to push it. I don't want to have them have to do this again.

I'm getting around pretty good with a cane and that makes sitting around worse. We will see what the Doc. says on the 14th and with luck I get out of the house now and then .

I think I'll ask about a Chrome Knee ( can't have to much Chrome ) LOL

You all take care and I'll keep you all posted.

Ride Safe

Steve

Great news Steve, glad to hear your doing ok..........just take it easy, the shop isnt going anywhere, may get a little dusty without you there, but what the heck.......

Now if the docs:buttkick: would just hurry up and make the decision to do something about Charlene's Knee or hip, It would be great to hear her say those same words..........No More Pain..:missingtooth:.....

Keep the faith and take it easy.............

I have a friend that need the knee replacement done also and he is waiting untill I get mine done to see how it goes . LOL

I don't mind being the test subject it been hurting so long it will be worth it to not hurt anymore.

Had both knees replaced 22 of Jan of this year. I rode solo 2 months after the operation and could hold the bike up with no problem. They work wonderfully and my only regret is I didn't do it 2 or 3 years sooner. Hope all goes well.

Ronnie:hurts:

Hi Ronnie

Thanks for posting that you are doing great. I have talked to a few people who have had their knees done and it sounds like its the way to go. Now that the hip feels good I'm looking forward to having the knee feel the same way.

My knees has been bad for 8 years now and not going to get better by itself.

Riding pain free would be great.

Steve

You'll be up and running (no pun intended) in due time! Just let nature do it's thing in it's own time! In the mean time enjoy the time off! Yes, I definately know how hard that is myself as I am very active too! Take it easy for a while, brother!