IGNORED

factory warranty

bikerkwatt

I have recently purchased 2005 rsv and was told that the warranty could be transfered.

Is this true,and if so what is the process?

Also can YES warranty be purchased after the bike has a second owner?

Any help would be appreciated.

I have recently purchased 2005 rsv and was told that the warranty could be transfered.

Is this true,and if so what is the process?

Also can YES warranty be purchased after the bike has a second owner?

Any help would be appreciated.

Yes it can be transferred,I think you just go to a dealer and fill out the paperwork.I dont know what a Yes Warraty is? I do know you can buy extended warranties from independent warranty companies but on the 05 you should have close to 2 years left,depending on when the original owner purchased the bike. My opinion buying an extended warranty on these bikes is wasting money. Tom (Blanco,Texas)

The warranty is on the bike, not the owner. I have read where others have said their dealer made them fill out forms and charged them money to do a "transfer," but this is not a requirement with a decent dealer. When I bought my 07 used, I just took it into my dealer and told them to fix a couple of things under warranty, which they did, no questions asked, no paperwork for me, and zero cost. :080402gudl_prv:

Goose

My opinion buying an extended warranty on these bikes is wasting money. Tom (Blanco,Texas)

I too have thought about this "both ways"...meaning,, lets just use the price of a rear shock v/s what the cost is of a two year extended warrenty program..

We all know the rear shocks are a known problem, even the ignition switch going bad, another known problem.

Hoever, extended coverage replaces "defective product" not "worn out product", so how would one be able to fight that battle with the yama dealer or yama dealer rep..??

You will be full of anger when the Dealer comes back and says:

The failure is due to a worn out part. It is not a defective part, and therefore Im afraid that iti is NOT covered on the extended warrenty..

:whistling:

I chose not to purchase the extended warrenty.

Guest JGorom

When I purchased my Venture used (not from my dealer but from a private individual)...my dealer filled out all paperwork and transferred the warranty title to me. I then had him change out the clutch basket under warranty...again...everything was transparent to me and I had to do nothing but pick my bike up after they were done.

It's good to have a dealer you can count on...and they need our support at times also because after all...they are in business.

PS The YES warranties are for other Yamaha bikes and cannot be purchased to extend your warranty on the Venture or RSTD models. It only applies to the bikes Yamaha gives a one year warranty on.

Purchased my 06 from a private party, took the bike to the local dealer, he walked around the bike once, said he was checking to be sure it wasnt in a crash. They handled all the paper work, and didnt charge anything for transfer. Took about 15mins. I also had them install the I basket free of charge. Good Luck, Craig

Go back to where you purchased the bike and get your money back. The transfer does not cost anything and if they did, you got taken.. As stated before the warranty is on the bike and not the owner. The paperwork is needed to adjust the records for the ownership and not the warranty.

Hey Bikerwatt - I'm glad to hear you didn't have any trouble with the warranty transfer. I don't know where you are at - checked your profile - no info, but it looks like you did a post there about some problems you were having last month that implies you are out near Abilene. Hope you got all that sorted out, but if not, why don't you throw a leg over that thing and ride over here to Fort Worth and let me take a look at it for you? If nothing els, we can shoot some #$%^ and drink a brew or two while we admire a fine machine! Ride safe,

Goose

Seems to me that if a dealer might charge to do the peper work to transfer a warranty, I would go right to Yamaha Customer Service and simply "inquire" about a warranty transfer. I'd bet they could get your information over the phone at no charge.

Just my thought.