IGNORED

Replacing Headlight Bulb ??

Last Night was traying to replace headlight bulb. there is no way to replace light bulb without spliting fairing. if is any other way please I NEED HELP !!

As well I'm figure out front turn signal bulb is not standard dual 1157 bulb.:no-no-no:

Don't know is that on 06 and up models or that is standard on all Ventures:detective:

1157 in the 01 Dan. But yours probably is an orange bulb and I would still have thought it was the 1157 variety.

Splitting the faring is no big deal, heck I've had mine apart 3 times in the last couple of months.

Jerry

The head light bulb is changed out from the underside (aft side) inner fairing, behind headlight bucket.....tough enough task, but is done with out splitting fairing.

If your talking about the head light "GLASS" (as if a rock busted it) then yes you have to split the fairing.

The turn signal bulbs are not same as 1157 and apply to all yamahas

Last Night was traying to replace headlight bulb. there is no way to replace light bulb without spliting fairing. if is any other way please I NEED HELP !!

As well I'm figure out front turn signal bulb is not standard dual 1157 bulb.:no-no-no:

Don't know is that on 06 and up models or that is standard on all Ventures:detective:

Some people here have managed to change the headlight bulb without splitting the fairing by using long slender needle nose pliers (or a small feminine hand!) to reach in behind the fairing from the left side. They say that you can do it if you have patience.

I DO NOT HAVE PATIENCE or a slender hand or long enough needle-nosed pliers. So I just split the fairing and do it that way. It really doesn't take that long. I can do the total job in about 30 minutes and don't have to get aggravated enough to cuss at it. Oh, and if you do split the fairing, you do not have to totally remove the headlight housing assembly. You can remove the mounting bolts but leave the adjuster bolt attached. Then you can just move the housing around enough to get your hand in behind to get the bulb out.

I bought my 99 last fall, and it seemed that the headlight was very weak, and could not be adjusted down far enough. It was always pointing at the tops of the telephone poles. When I split the fairing to replace the bulb, I found that the previous owner had evidently tried to change the bulb without splitting the fairing and had gotten the bulb in "crooked". It was not seated properly and was pointing up at about a 30 degree angle. It would be easy to get it in wrong if you don't split the fairing so you can get to it properly. I know others have been successful in doing it this way, but I'll always split mine. Probably only takes an extra 10-15 minutes to do it that way, and then I'm sure it's in right.

Plus, I love working on the old girl!!

:cool10:

:080402gudl_prv:

Joe is correct in saying:

It would be easy to get it in wrong if you don't split the fairing so you can get to it properly. I know others have been successful in doing it this way, but I'll always split mine.

Whatever floats YOUR boat I guess...

Guest Red Raider

Tour Deluxe headlamp assembly comes apart with 2 screws...

Is anyone using a good bright aftermarket replacement bulb that doesn't cost an "arm & a leg" ?

Greg

You can change the bulb without splitting the fairing by going into the rear of the fairing from the left (clutch lever) side. It is significantly easier to do if you have a lift since it makes the path easier for your hand. If you have a son/daughter with a little bit of grip strength, they can help. It is kind of a tight fit for your hand.

It is a quarter turn CCW to remove.

Good luck.

RR

Thanks Guys Thats What I was thinking. Spliting fairing is not a big deal for me. I dont think my wife will stick her hand to replace headlight bulb:rotf: :rotf:. Orange turn signal bulb definitly have different path then 1157. there is 3 little niples on the side for fitting in to, and aranged in 120 degre pathern. 1157 has only two and aranged in 180 degre

Get you wife to change the headlight bulb. I could not get my hand in there. get a long screwdriver or something to use as a pointer. Then explain what you need done. They can reach behind there and change it with no problem.

Before I went to LEDs I just put in 1157's and cut off 2 of the nipples. 1 will hold it I place. You have to look at the layout to cut the right ones off.

Not sure what I am missing here, what's the proper bulb for the turn signal? I have been using 1157 front and back, not cutting anything off or modifying it in any way. Also the extra I carry around is a 1157.

Jerry

Before I went to LEDs I just put in 1157's and cut off 2 of the nipples. 1 will hold it I place. You have to look at the layout to cut the right ones off.

Hey Buddy that was working for front turn signal bulb. Cut out lower nipple of 1157, and slide in to socket. Holding in to place like original. Still working on headlight bulb.:cool10::cool10:

2005 is the first year Yamaha started using the bastard turn signal bulbs with three pins. Like another said, you can use an 1157 and just knock/cut off one of the pins. The one remaining pin will be in the correct place for the Yamahaha socket, and the bulb will work fine. I have had one in for over 20,000 miles. Good luck,

Goose