IGNORED

Rider Backrest for 2008 Venture

BuckShot

My friend of 30 yrs just traded his wing for a new venture. Is there a bolt on backrest like the old Markland available. The only ones he can find are the one's that you have to buy a new seat with a gap in it for the rest.

I will be putting up my '00 RSV MM up for sale soon. For the past year or a bit more I've been using a black seat set off a Midnight RSV and have an almost new Utopia black backrest with studs that I will sell for $100 + shipping. If interested email through profile, please.

• 3 weeks later...

I have no first hand info on this, but I researched both and found one post that said if your are tall (and I am), the Utopia will not set back far enough for you. So I ordered the standard Diamond R. Don't have it yet. I never wanted a back rest on my RSV, but after the last 8 day, 4,000 mile trip, my back hurt for a week. Can't say for sure it was the bike ride that did it, but thought I'd at least try a rest anyway. Trouble is, I hate the way any of them look. Oh well ... :080402gudl_prv:

Goose

Gary N has a Utopia in our classified section for 150.00. That's what I have on my bike and have had one on a Goldwing also. It's a nice piece of equipment.

And NO, I am not getting a commision for mentioning Gary's ad. LOL

I got a Diamond R. At the time the Utopia required drilling. I don't really know if they still do.

The Diamond R bolts on where the passenger seat bolts on. Longer bolts were supplied with the back rest.

You have to enlarge 2 holes that are already there so it's not too scary. You should put a block of wood behind where your drilling so you don't gouge the fender when you go thru.-Jack

I just bought the Diamond R backrest and can't recommend them highly enough. The quality is outstanding and Allan & Patti are great folks to deal with. They are members here and donate LOTS of freebies to our rallys. The Utopia is nice, but as mentioned there is a bit or hole drilling, the Diamond R is a bolt on deal that you can have on in 5 minutes. I try to support our vendors as much as I can and hope that others here will do so also

:thumbsup2:

Bought a Diamond R back rest last year. Love it. I did have trouble with one of the nuts stripping out, though. I re-drilled both to the next larger size (10 mm, I think) used some larger bolts to match and all is well.

Ponch :thumbsup2: