IGNORED

Where to place bike jack?

Ditto on Larry's adaptor being the perfect solution to unbalance lifting. Got mine about a month ago and don't know how I did without it. I always had to support the rear wheel with a block of wood because of where you had to put the lift,(not to damage any thing underside)If you are going to use a lift than this adaptor is a must!!!!

Yep. After looking a bit under the bike, I saw that the jack alone was nto going to work.

how does one work the jack, does it take two people? one to hold the bike upright and one to jack? or can you jack it up with bike resting on side stand?

Thanks,

David

No...it is a one person job. Just roll the lift under the bike with the bike on the side stand. You insert it from the right side of the bike so the bike is leaning away from you. I hold the handlebar and the passenger grab rail when I start lifting the bike just to steady it. As you jack it up, the bike will straighten up and sit on the jack. Very easy.

1) Get the lift adapter from CarbonOne - I recommend the one with the legs. Excellent piece of work and makes a very stable platform for working on the bike.

2) Place the side stand on a 2x4 so the bike stands up a little straighter before you begin lifting.

3) Get someone to help you when installing the leveling links. It makes it easier if you can have someone lift the rear tire to line up the bolt holes. Just place a 2x4 under the wheel and have someone lift on the end of the board. Works great.

4) Grease all the needle bearings while you have it apart.

5) Enjoy the leveling links. It makes a noticable difference.

RR

1) Get the lift adapter from CarbonOne - I recommend the one with the legs. Excellent piece of work and makes a very stable platform for working on the bike.

2) Place the side stand on a 2x4 so the bike stands up a little straighter before you begin lifting.

3) Get someone to help you when installing the leveling links. It makes it easier if you can have someone lift the rear tire to line up the bolt holes. Just place a 2x4 under the wheel and have someone lift on the end of the board. Works great.

4) Grease all the needle bearings while you have it apart.

5) Enjoy the leveling links. It makes a noticable difference.

RR

And if you don't have someone to help you lift the rear tire, you can use your shop jack (if you have one) to lift the tire. That's what I did, and it worked slick. You can easily control the alignment of the holes that way.

The lift adapter is an excellent choice, but may not be in the card$, or maybe you need to get your bike fixed now. In that case you can use 4 hockey pucks between the bike and the lift. Cut a 1/4 piece of pie shaped notch out of one with a hack saw and use that one on the left front by the ignition cutoff switch for the side stand. The hard rubber pucks will not mar the paint on the frame.

I've also used 1 inch thick hardwood blocks.

I did some measuring and cutting last night on a few pieces of 4x4. Trimmed it down to 3x3, notched out the length to cradle the frame. I hoep this will work for the time. I am going to take my time with and make sure the bike is stable before wrenching on anything. And I will have some one helping me.

Otherwise, I will be taking up Rosebud on her offer.