IGNORED

Bike to Bike communications

Freebird

Looking for recommendations for bike to bike communications without breaking the bank.  I know that Sean and Carlo ar about the most popular but also expensive.  What do you that have them recommend?   I basically just want cokm8jnicaitons between my wife and I and for her to be able to stream music from her phone to her headset.

Don ours are old er vintage SENA SMH 10. I can stream music, push a button and talk. They do have an option for the voice to automatically interrupt music and talk. But much like on the RSV intercom wind noise can cause you to have a "hot mike" most of the time. Pricewise I dont know where they sit now, and they have come out with some upgraded newer stuff.

We've used the Cardo Setups (Packtalk Bold) for a long time now.  No issues.  They will also Bluetooth to the bike.  I've been out of site of others and been able to hear them well.

It would be nice to find a way to connect it to the SVTC's native wiring harness.  then the CB becomes fully operational. 

5 minutes ago, bpate4home said:

From what I can tell it looks like the Edge is the replacement. 

Yea, that’s what I thought.  Now to decide if I want to spend over $500.00.    Actually considering the Freedom series.   It might be fine for our use. 

I'm not up on the latest Harley touring bike setups and IF they still have a hook-up for headsets.... But I went with Sena 20s because you can get an extra helmet setup that includes a port to plug into the Venture/GW factory radio & intercom.  When the kid and I are on the Venture we use the bike's wired radio & intercom, when we're on the Ural we use the bluetooth.

Sena Helmet Clamp for CB/Audio of Honda Goldwing (20S, 20S EVO, 30K)

14 minutes ago, BratmanXj said:

I'm not up on the latest Harley touring bike setups and IF they still have a hook-up for headsets.... But I went with Sena 20s because you can get an extra helmet setup that includes a port to plug into the Venture/GW factory radio & intercom.  When the kid and I are on the Venture we use the bike's wired radio & intercom, when we're on the Ural we use the bluetooth.

Sena Helmet Clamp for CB/Audio of Honda Goldwing (20S, 20S EVO, 30K)

The only issues I've had with bluetooth connections between bikes is the distance.  With the DMC radios (all brands, I think Sena has a set like the Cardo) the big key is distance.  Cardo docs say up to a mile. You can also have up to 15 additional riders online in the group.  I've been in a group with 5 and it worked well. To the point where we heard each other singing along to our music LOL. The MICS on all the brands seem really good too.  Noise cancelation etc.  I wore a half helmet with a boom mic and people said they did not hear any wind. 

Edited by bpate4home

I think the units that can link up to 15 riders are the DMC ones. But if you don’t ride with a herd that all have helmet communication why buy more features than you need? The Packtalk Custom looks interesting in that you buy what you want and nothing else. 

• Like 2

Well, I went ahead and ordered the Caro Edge.   Expensive but I wanted the longer range.  Ordered straight from Cardo.  They are still having a 22% off Valentines sale so ended up being cheaper than anybody else. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Freebird said:

Well, I went ahead and ordered the Cardo Edge.   Expensive but I wanted the longer range.  Ordered straight from Cardo.  They are still having a 22% off Valentines sale so ended up being cheaper than anybody else. 

Good for you and your wife! You can do a lot with them besides listening to music. The FM radio feature doesn’t do much for me since the antenna isn’t the best but you’ll get more phone calls and text messages than you want!! If you’re semi- literate with these things you can have your phone read texts and then reply using the voice to text feature. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Freebird said:

Well, I went ahead and ordered the Caro Edge.   Expensive but I wanted the longer range.  Ordered straight from Cardo.  They are still having a 22% off Valentines sale so ended up being cheaper than anybody else. 

Good luck that's what we have and as far as us talking to each other they work good, sometimes on windy rides I have to get Trina to mute her mic because of the wind noise but all she does is say hey cardo mute microphone and it does. Or she pulls down her face shield and that works.

• Like 2