IGNORED

WKY Rally 2024

RDawson

June 5-9 2024 Aurora Ky.
Here are some lodging links and locations. 
Kenlake park lodge/cabins. 
https://www.reservationdesk.com/hotel/61fc1af/kenlake-state-resort-park-hardin-kentucky/?cid=sem::TPRD::AWM::New_Structure_Reservation_Desk_US_Other_Hotels_2.5_Stars_Mobile::US_Kentucky_Hardin_Kenlake_State_Resort_Park_did-61fc1af::kenlake state resort park hardin::e&creative=677685168123&device=m&AdPos=&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=kenlake state resort park hardin&utm_campaign=New_Structure_Reservation_Desk_US_Other_Hotels_2.5_Stars_Mobile&iv_=__iv_p_1_a_20657358613_g_163237055708_w_kwd-26894085996_h_9014646_ii__d_m_v__n_g_c_677685168123_k_kenlake state resort park hardin_m_e_l__t__e__r__vi__&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrN2lsvaKhAMV2BetBh3Diw7QEAAYAyAAEgJy3vD_BwE

Lakeland Resort B23942E3-2E6B-4611-9202-8A06497F5D9C.thumb.jpeg.e147f69cac5e357c7e9d937d60dd8f04.jpeg

Early American Resort  

https://earlyamericanmotel.com/

Fin and Feather

http://finnfeatherlodge.com/lodging/

These resorts are much cheaper than Kenlake lodge. I’m going to reserve a room at Fin and Feather, it’s clean and pretty nice. They have a covered pavilion with picnic tables and fireplace for the evenings. They have a few camper hookups with water/sewer/power but no bathhouse  

Gary Drew’s stayed at Lakeland Resort last time and was happy with his room. Comparable prices with Finn and Feather, not as big but clean. 
Early American I know nothing about but they stay busy with hunters and fishermen. 

Edited by RDawson
  • Thanks 1

The WNY Rally crew needs to come down, and the EH Team and MD regulars. Love to see everybody, we haven’t been together for quite a while. I’ve heard from some of the Vogel group hope to hear more. 

Edited by RDawson

27 minutes ago, uncledj said:

Just tried to see what was available, ....checking in Thursday the 6th and out Sunday the 9th and it said "Nothing available" ....???

Which place did you check?

Wiz texted me and said Fin and Feather was filling up fast. 
Kenlake was at 50% yesterday. 
Lakeland was almost empty. 

Edited by RDawson

If anyone wants a regular hotel Murray is about 15 miles from Aurora. Best Western is usually the best bang for the buck. There are a few others.  Stay away from the Red Roof Inn, it’s a dump. 

1 hour ago, RDawson said:

Which place did you check?

Wiz texted me and said Fin and Feather was filling up fast. 
Kenlake was at 50% yesterday. 
Lakeland was almost empty. 

Lalkeland....where we were last time.   

3 minutes ago, uncledj said:

Lalkeland....where we were last time.   

I put the pic of Lakelands business card on here with phone number, they don’t use online reservations anymore. I didn’t realize y’all stayed there, I thought you were at Kenlake Lodge last time. 

On 2/2/2024 at 7:47 AM, RDawson said:

I put the pic of Lakelands business card on here with phone number, they don’t use online reservations anymore. I didn’t realize y’all stayed there, I thought you were at Kenlake Lodge last time. 

I think you are correct.

On 2/2/2024 at 7:47 AM, RDawson said:

You are correct.

I reserved lot 68 at Kenlake.   Thursday through Sunday.   Going to try it with the motorhome this time.   

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well shoot, I was really looking forward to this... I have a family obligation in Hew Hampshire that I can't get out of.  I'm going to miss this event.. On the plus side I will be riding up there so I guess there's that...

I guess I'll see some of ya'll in Asheville..

1 hour ago, Riderduke said:

Well shoot, I was really looking forward to this... I have a family obligation in Hew Hampshire that I can't get out of.  I'm going to miss this event.. On the plus side I will be riding up there so I guess there's that...

I guess I'll see some of ya'll in Asheville..

I was hoping you could make it but have a good trip up there. The New Hampshire/Maine area is one of the trips we hope to make someday. We’ve never been past west New York. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/20/2024 at 7:35 AM, RDawson said:

I was hoping you could make it but have a good trip up there. The New Hampshire/Maine area is one of the trips we hope to make someday. We’ve never been past west New York. 

Beautiful riding up there... getting there is an experience.  Going thru Ct and NY is horrible in a car or on a bike.. 

I've have not ridden in WKY except to pass thru..  I was so looking forward to going..  I guess another time.

Posted (edited)

The wife and I rode a couple hundred miles today starting to map out a few rides for the rally. We’ll do some more rides in the coming weeks to get it narrowed down. This brings up the questions I need y’all’s input on. I mentioned earlier Hannigan Motorsports factory is here in our county and Boss Hoss is a couple hours away, both offer free tours but they need to be scheduled ahead. So the big question is if there’s interest in a tour or would you rather ride and fellowship more with other members?  If I remember correctly I think the Hannigan tour was around two hours led by Dave Hannigan himself last time. 

If anybody living near the border could slip across and light a fire under some of them EH teamers and herd them this way it would be nice to see them again also. 

Edited by RDawson

3 hours ago, saddlebum said:

I am thinking on it and I know @Marcarlis as well as we talked about it. I just have a few issues I need to get out my way before I can confirm.

Great!!! I was talking to @skydoc_17 today about ways we could get y’all down here without having to drag you down with a log chain. 🤣🤣🤣

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Marcarl said:

Now that you have brought up the subject, I checked and noticed that WE Have been here all that time. Need some directions?

Plan and post a get together and I’ll head that way😁😁😁. Even rode with y’all from Bongo’s place to Don’s so it wouldn’t be my first trip. I miss the WNY rallies. 

Edited by RDawson
  • Like 1

I keep thinking I'd like to do a Micro Rally up at the cabin in North Central PA but life keeps getting in the way.  I'll be retiring in 4 years and moving closer up towards the cabin and will try to get it done then.

Great area for riding, but the cabin and property won't allow for a bigger event.

Cabin.jpg

Fire pit.jpg

Elk.jpg