IGNORED

Inexpensive Cup Holders

Obber

Went to the 25th anniversary Muleshoe Roadriders Run Saturday and found a vendor that makes passenger and rider cup holders for out bikes. His web site is www.tourkingcovers.com. He does not show them on his web site but he does have them. I got one for the passenger and took some pictures. The cool thing they are $22.00 each for those who are watching their nickles & dimes.

I hope you like yours. I had one on my Goldwing and have one for the passenger on my RSV (was there when I bought it). Truthfully, I wouldn't was the money on another one. Here's why:

1. The upper arms that "clamp" around the drink will not stay snug against it. Any little vibration and they spread apart. Drink soon falls off. Wife won't use it anymore.

2. A taller container, such as a bottle of water, has too much of its weight above the arms when it is full. Again, the arms loosen up and the bottle won't stay.

If you're going to use one, I'd suggest you do what I ended up doing. I used strips of velcro attached to the arms so that I could tighten them up around the drink container and fasten them in position. Only way I could make the critter usable.

I bought a cup holder from I bet the same dealer and paid twice the price that I bought my next one at a RV supply. The first one broke in no time and it was not the arms either. So I have solved my problem by using one of the smallest buggie cards around the bottle and not depend on arms.

Bud:whistling:

After I bought it Saturday (by the way, the vendor put it on for me) my fiancé bought a 32 oz drink and put it in it. We put 120 miles on the bike coming home. So far no problem. Pictures were taken after we got home.

I bought one of these last year from

http://www.m-j-enterprises.com/beverage_holders.htm

I don't know if they sell them for the grab rails but i can easily see how I could make one work there. I bought a passenger cup holder and cup from

http://www.diamondraccessories.com/yamaha/proddisplay.php?name=Diamond%20R%20Tour%20Mugs

and I use the cup in my M & J driver cup holder. I have not had a problem whatsoever. The cup holder is compact, sturdy and serves its purpose well. The diamondR cup is a bit pricey and I think you could find an equivalent cup at a local store for $5. I have yet to install the diamondR passenger cupholder.

Looks like it would get in the way when the passenger gets on and off the bike. I would think some thing that would hang below the rail would be better suited.

M just puts the bottle inside her jacket if she wants to have something to drink.

You Guys Think Thats A Cheap Cup Holder??

Take Your Can Cooler Thats Made Of Foam Rubber, You Know The One Thats 2 Bucks At The Local Stop And Go??

Tear The Bottom Out Of It And Slide It Over Top Of Your Gas Cap!! Fit Is Perfect And Will Hold A Can/ Bottle Or A Coffee Cup At Any Speed On Any Curve.. And When Your Tired Of That One Then Spend Another 2 Bucks On A New Color.

Mike.

• 1 month later...
You Guys Think Thats A Cheap Cup Holder??

Take Your Can Cooler Thats Made Of Foam Rubber, You Know The One Thats 2 Bucks At The Local Stop And Go??

Tear The Bottom Out Of It And Slide It Over Top Of Your Gas Cap!! Fit Is Perfect And Will Hold A Can/ Bottle Or A Coffee Cup At Any Speed On Any Curve.. And When Your Tired Of That One Then Spend Another 2 Bucks On A New Color.

Mike.

That's the most inovative idea I've seen yet. I tried it and it works perfectly. I've been an educator for 30 years and have tried to get my students to be "problem solvers" and to "think outside the box" (I'm quite sick of that last phrase), and I now use this "cupholder" idea as an example. Way to go! In science we would call this an "elegant" solution.

:happy65:

Guest Tomkrsv

Obber,

The Tour King site only shows passenger grab rail cup holder for the Gold Wing. Is this the one you ordered for your RSV? Does it fit okay?

tk

I found a functional one at a truck stop, while in route to SC last June, and it functions quite well for less than a buck & a half. It works real good. it's black and almost invisible when it's empty. Now I'm one,who is on a extremely tight budget, and it's functional, the most important thing, in my mind, next would be price. Have a good day, Their calling for rain, but I've got mine and my neighbor's lawns trimmed back nice and neat. Well Maybe not perfectly neat as I skipped the weed eating segment of our process, mostly because the added time required to do a second lawn. He's out of town, on a visit with family. I sure am glad this isn't a weekly routine . I done Just needed to vent on some unsuspecting soul. May peace, find it's way into the hearts of anyone in need today! wayne

Now I'm off, ( more than one way ) to get me a big dose of cycle theraphy! ! ! !:rotf:

I also want to mention, I've an extreme dislike for Lawyers. Has anyone got a good lawyer joke, that would be great to slam a lawyer with. :cool10:If it's not suitable for all eyes,:whistling: please PM me thanks again, I'm not one to divulge all my woes, in this venue as yet. wayne

Boo, I'm more interested in what your koozie says.............lol....:thumbsup2:

Eck,

Yeah it says "My wife says I don't pay any attention to what she says...or something like that"

By the way I paid $.99 for that one.

Jerry

Obber,

The Tour King site only shows passenger grab rail cup holder for the Gold Wing. Is this the one you ordered for your RSV? Does it fit okay?

tk

So far it works great. The one I got was made for our RSV, they just don't have a picture on their site. Here is their phone # 1-800-572-8687. They even put it on for me since they were at the rally selling them. I did tighten it up some more afterwords. If I remember correctly they have one for the driver also if you are interested. I didn't need one due to already having one up front.

• 3 months later...