IGNORED

Progressive fork springs?

3 minutes ago, Scotty and his Scooter said:

Anyone have a pair of progressives springs they want to sell? I’m having some bottoming out issues when I’m braking at times. Have maintained maximum air pressure but that doesn’t seem to help. 

Check with @saddlebum

Have you checked with dealer or web site for Progressive(if they are still available)? I have an 87 with springs in it but still haven't decided what I'm doing with it. Had bumping accident back in 08 ,bought  back with intention of putting back on road when I retired.. Was NOT written off ! Put up for sale a few years ago to get back what I bought it back for($600) might be convinced to change mind as can't really afford to rebuild now I think!

As stated in Ontario get together by @XV1100SE would be a great way to get to know some of us! Or maybe some Saturday would be better!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marcarl said:

Check with @saddlebum

The only progessive springs I have are in use. You may want remove and inspect the anti-dive valves. They can get bunged up with crap due to old moisture ladden brake fluid. Also check out Zedno in kitchener. There is the chance that they have some damaged forks that may contain progressives.

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses guys!  @saddlebum that is a good thought.  It does feel like the anti-dive is not functioning. I will look into how to get at that.  It would be great to meet some of the riders in my area.  Might have to take the day off for that!  Friday I took a ride out to the Tim's on HWY 2 just outside Brantford.  This guy comes up to me and comments on my Venture.  Turns our he has an '83 that he's been riding for some time.  I told him about this forum.  His name is Bill.  He gave me his number.  Just have to remember to call him sometime.

Hey Scotty,

I know this isn't much help, but my vendor can still get these springs new. It would be $125.00 plus whatever the shipping would be to Canada from the USA. (+/- $35.00US wild guess)

Hanging out with the Kanucs on a weekend doesn't sound like a bad idea to me, but I'll talk to just about anybody!

Let mr know if I can help!

Earl.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, skydoc_17 said:

My Friends, I have a host of friends! I would like to point out that I have sent more stuff to Canada than Santa! It's OK, Have your Fun, I still Love you guys!

Earl

Haven't seen you for soo long I had to get a lick in there,,, it's the best I could come up with on short notice.

• Haha 1

Thank you Earl.  I will keep that offer in mind once I figure out if the anti-dive is working or not.  In the meantime I went for a ride last night and rode in to work again today.  Didn't bottom out once.  So maybe I'm just a little too paranoid.  It's a new bike to me and I tend to be hypervigilant with little sounds and stuff.  My '84 Goldwing, which I still have by the way if anyone is interested in it, never had an issue with the suspension.  This is one area where I'm noticing that the Goldwing might have a bit of an advantage over the Venture.  But that's all forgotten the moment I twist the throttle! I love the way the Venture V4 revs so eagerly.  The flat 4 doesn't come close to it in terms of pulling power and get up and go! 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Scotty and his Scooter said:

Thanks for the responses guys!  @saddlebum that is a good thought.  It does feel like the anti-dive is not functioning. I will look into how to get at that.  It would be great to meet some of the riders in my area.  Might have to take the day off for that!  Friday I took a ride out to the Tim's on HWY 2 just outside Brantford.  This guy comes up to me and comments on my Venture.  Turns our he has an '83 that he's been riding for some time.  I told him about this forum.  His name is Bill.  He gave me his number.  Just have to remember to call him sometime.

If any other rider would have been that close to my place I would some words for him,,, except @sleepy2of course. You I can forgive,, at least for now!

• Like 1

On 7/4/2023 at 2:41 PM, Marcarl said:

If any other rider would have been that close to my place I would some words for him,,, except @sleepy2of course. You I can forgive,, at least for now!

I heard he deliberately detoured around your neck of the woods. Not really sure why, but.:soapbox:

16 hours ago, saddlebum said:

I heard he deliberately detoured around your neck of the woods. Not really sure why, but.:soapbox:

I think a birdie told him that you were in attendance here on occasion, so he was probably playing it safe.