IGNORED

Clearview Windshields

Hi All, I'm a new member and owner of an 07 RSV that I traded my 1100 V-star for. I'm trying to replace the ridiculously tall windshield. The clearview with the vent looks like maybe what I need but I'm going on a long ride before they can ship. Is there anything else comparable, or is there a dealer somewhere that might have one in stock.

Thanks, Riderdan

The ShowChrome windshield, available from JC Whitney or many internet sites that specialize in touring bikes (such as WingThings) is 4 inches shorter than the stock shield, and it is a lot cheaper than the 5" shorter Yamaha short shield. Alternatively, cutting down the stock shield is relatively easy. You can also add round pop vents in about 30 minutes. :080402gudl_prv:

Goose

I cut my shield to about 8" way to much air for my passenger. Just put on clearview this week. I would try to ride a bike with a shorty before buying one. Everyone has their own preference.

It's a work in progress. I got the shortest Clearview since it stated 3" lower than stock. Well, with the way it angles, it's much lower than that and I'm catching too much air with my FF on. Rattles it around.

Got to cut a template and figure out what size will work with me.

I got the tall one with the vent and the tint. Love the vent now at least I get some fresh air thru. The tint is nice it seems to cut some of the glare at night plus helps in the day time also. Don't even notice that you have a tint at night. Was in the rain the other day and I had to open & shut the vent a couple times to get it to seal good, otherwise had some drops coming thru.

I bought the show chrome 4" shorter and I love it BUT the wife said it's to much wind for her looks like I will be shopping for a tall and wide soon. I got mine off E-BAY for under $100.00 when I replace it I will sell the show chrome in VR classifieds.

I'll have a new (1 month old) Clearview XL shield w/vent (clear) for sale once it's replacement arrives. Just ordered that this week so looking at the 4-6 week delivery time here. If no one in this post puts dibs on it I'll be putting it in the Classifieds here.

Larry

I'll have a new (1 month old) Clearview XL shield w/vent (clear) for sale once it's replacement arrives. Just ordered that this week so looking at the 4-6 week delivery time here. If no one in this post puts dibs on it I'll be putting it in the Classifieds here.

Larry

Larry if its tinted and wider then stock I will take it .

Joe, Let me know

Larry if its tinted and wider then stock I will take it .

Joe, Let me know

Wider then stock but not tinted. Supposed to be 1" higher than the stock shield but due to my front end being raked it falls either short or even with stock height. My passenger says she's getting too much wind so.......

Larry

Wider then stock but not tinted. Supposed to be 1" higher than the stock shield but due to my front end being raked it falls either short or even with stock height. My passenger says she's getting too much wind so.......

Larry

How tall is your passenger?

Mine is 5 10 and I am thinking about getting the XXL

:whistling:

Larry

Sent you a PM Larry.