IGNORED

Let's have a contest

Freebird

As we approach the 5,000 member mark, I think it's time that we think about a contest. How about a $100.00 gift certificate from New Enough? As you know, they contribute $1.00 per sale when one of our members buys from them and chooses VentureRider as the sponsor club. We have already given away one prize from there and we have enough in the account there now to give away another one. So.....put your thinking caps on and let's decide how to do this one.

Hey Don,

Being the originator of the "35 to go" post, permit me to throw in my 2c worth.

How about everybody guessing the time and date that the 5,000th member joins?

The nearest to that time and date (if nobody guesses it exactly) wins.

All entries to be in before the end of this month. (If that's soon enough. The way we're going it might happen before then!!)

Cheers mate,

Spear.

Who can tear their bike completely down, fix 2nd gear, re-oil seal & o-ring the motor, paint the frame, redo all the mechanicals,etc.............oh, yeah, adjust the valves,,,,,,,,,,,,never having done this before, and ride their fresh bike to maintenance day???????????????????? :confused24::confused24: :whistling:

Oh well, it was a dream, if only for a minute!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually like the deal for the region,etc. idea that was brought up.

how bout how many actual bikes show up at Maintenance day.....not people but bikes

have a paper there somewhere to sign in your bike........that way noone has to go counting....as some people come and go....

they have to be signed in by a certain time on saturday???

if there are more than 1 with the correct guess, draw the winner from those!

I think the thread has been lost here Don.

This is all to do with our prospective 5,000th member is it not?

Lot of superflous and spurious ideas being proffered.

Better do something quick old mate.

That magic figure is fast approaching!

well if you want to stick to something pertaining to the 5000th member......how bout what state that person will be from?

and as before if more than 1 guess it, draw from the winners?

I dont see why it has to pertain to the 5000 member thing...Don only said in honor of approaching 5000 members.......:8:

I'm gonna dig up my contest idea that I posted last time a thread like this came up. (with some minor changes) :)

Choose a day this month.

All entries for the day must have a picture of their odometer posted in the thread via attachment between two times you (Freebird) specify.

Finished pic of odometer must be posted as an attachment, again at a deadline of your choosing.

Whoever rides their Venture the most miles with a 24 hour period wins. :D

There is a bit of an honor thing since you cannot actually say "start" to all of us. ;)

Here's my dollar.