IGNORED

2008 VentureRider Rally in Ontario needs your attention.

Guest ReinyRooster

Guest ReinyRooster

The 2008 VentureRider Rally committee is having to deal with the fact that the response for this rally has been far less than anticipated. To date we have approx. 29 people registered. The event is just over 7 weeks away and in view of the poor response, we find we will probably need to make some changes to what we had planned. The plan originally was for the campground to provide a breakfast for us each morning…our thought was that it would have been better and easier for us if we were all having breakfast together in one place so we could chat and socialize and then head out on our rides, similar to what we did in Colorado. We negotiated hard with the campground to get a good price on a good breakfast, however that was based on a party of approx. 100 people. With the response that we have so far, it would appear that we will have to cancel that breakfast and hopefully get our deposit back. We will then simply head out each morning to the various spots for breakfast and then meet at a spot to head out on the rides.

The response for the patches and T-shirts has also been less than anticipated. The people registered so far for T-shirts, which includes pre-registrants, is approx. 31. Similar to the breakfast order, the t-shirt prices that we received were based on a minimum order of 100. We are far short of that and since there is a 3 week turnaround from order to pickup date, we would need to have that order in by approx. June 1st – that’s only 2 ½ weeks away. If we do not have the minimum order of 100 units, the price would be far too high and we will have to forget the idea of t-shirts, which we know would be a shame to many members.

Response for the trailer raffle ticket sales has also been very slow. To date we have had 11 people buy raffle tickets, for a sales total of $295.00. To buy the trailer for this raffle we require at least $1,150.00. We are not even close and if we do not reach that amount in time, our suggestion would be to simply buy some decent prizes with that money. Those people who have already purchased raffle tickets would have a chance for some very nice prizes…perhaps a GPS, an IPOD etc.

The bottom line is this: if we do not get enough response by Friday May 30th, we are going to make changes. We will NOT cancel the event, those that want to come and have a good time will still do that, and we are looking forward to that. I know this committee is looking forward to meeting some new friends, and getting re-acquainted with some old friends. We will however, cancel the group breakfast and also have to cancel getting t-shirts. If that happens, those that have pre-registered and paid up will receive the appropriate refund when you get here. The Wednesday evening wrap-up dinner is still on.

Here again are the contact and email listings for the various functions:

To register contact Hal at venturerally@hotmail.com

To order patches or T-shirts contact Al at venture_rally_stuff@yahoo.com

To purchase raffle tickets contact Reiny at reinyrooster@hotmail.com

The link to the rally page that has all the information that anyone might need is in my signature below.

If we don’t get sufficient numbers to continue as originally planned by May 30th, the rally registration after that date will be $30.00, which will include the Wednesday night wrap-up dinner.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi reiny and committee crew

i for one wish to thank you and the committee crew for a job well done. ya'll can only do so much, i hve been behind this rally ever sense i read about it last year. i have been told i could not compare it to the ft. collins rally, that may be true. were i work we have to bid for vacation time off in november the year before we take our vacation. that can be a challange to plan for a vacation so early.

i have also been told that some people may be waiting for the last minute to make plans to attened. as you have stated you can't get any price cuts on stuff. when the discounts are based on orders of 100. YES TIME IS RUNNING OUT. it's a shame there's not even a firm order for 100 t-shirts and patches even if you don't show up. i try to pick up special t-shirts were ever i travel.

as i have stated i'll be there.

best reguards

don c

I am glad to hear that you will not be cancelling the event. My son and I have been looking forward to this for several months now. Even if it is a smaller event, we are looking forward to the trip and meeting some new friends. I sure hope the response picks up in the next week or so.

I was hoping that some of the pep talks would spur things on...I was mistaken. It is a shame as I truly believe that folks are afraid to cross the border...which is a huge misconception. We will be there regardless and I know it will be great time, Rooster....do we have artwork for the Tshirts? If so let me know and I could see about having the guy that did the shirts for Colorado take a peek and see the price for that. I would certainly hate to not be able to get a Tshirt due to this.

Hmmm i didn't know there is only 29 Canadian members in Ontario area. Cmon Guys step in, And register for this great event.

:no-no-no: Oh, that is so cold. And really not true. Most of the 29 folks signed up are Americans. :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot:

Sure wish I could be making this one...........

:15_8_211[1]:

Guest BluesLover

As of right now, I may be able to make it there for the Wednesday (the 9th).

I can't (won't) commit to anything until after the results of the union votes though.

Cheers,

As of right now, I may be able to make it there for the Wednesday (the 9th).

I can't (won't) commit to anything until after the results of the union votes though.

Cheers,

WOW... Wasn't aware that the Ontario members had formed a union... If they vote to strike, does that mean they can't ride until they get a new contract.....:rotfl:

:no-no-no: Oh, that is so cold. And really not true. Most of the 29 folks signed up are Americans. :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot:

Sure wish I could be making this one...........

Sooo.... We only have 29 members regtistered from the east coast and great lakes area. Figuring a membership of 4000, and 500 of them west of the Rockies, what happened to the other 3,471 that are within riding distance....:stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot: I remember last year when we were looking at locations for the first annual ralley and everyone in the east coming up with excuses that Colorado was too far, and hold it on the east coast next year and they will come. WELL..!! Here it is. Where are they now?? :witch_brew:

Ok guys and gals, I have just booked the entertainment for the dinner show on Wed. night and it will be staring our very one Reiny, teaching us the Rooster Strut:

[ame=http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=3A53cFLaACE]YouTube - old Rooster after 1000km[/ame]

And you will also find out the answer to the age OLD question from the OLD aged Reiny, why did the rooster cross the road or is he still standing there staring off into space, wondering which foot to put forth first.

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=3763&d=1201749287

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::crackup::crackup::crackup:

On a side note, I'm pretty sure I know where he is going to be putting his foot...

Hal:nanner:

Guest BluesLover
WOW... Wasn't aware that the Ontario members had formed a union... If they vote to strike, does that mean they can't ride until they get a new contract.....:rotfl:
Ah ... ah ... you caught me on that one for sure! Unfortunately, this vote is work related - but now that you mention it, maybe we CAN form a VentureRider union and approach Yamaha Canada about some of the little things that irritate us all.

Cheers,

condor

now i am one of those 29 that have pre-registered. BUT I AM NOT ON THE EAST COAST. i'll be driveing the bike from houston about 2,000 miles one way. should not be any excuses why no more ventureriders within 600 miles can't be there and support this rally.

don c.:fiddle::fiddle:

Well, speaking on behalf of myself only, I seem to recall a survey on the dates for the rally. I voted for some other date range. I am best man in a wedding on July 4th. My kids turn 16 on July 6th. I am taking them to get learners permits on July 8th. We have family vacation starting on July 11th. I am not afraid to cross the border. I have been to Toronto area many times and love the area. I would love to take a ride up there with my lovely bride and take her to Greektown for dinner and a show. However, of the 13 weeks that make up summer, this is the worst possible time for me. Sorry. Hope to see everyone at the next rally.

Shari and I were-[are] planning on attending.She is very excited about going to Canada for the first time..But due to my job situation,I might be changing company's in the very near future,so I can't commit just yet..We are really trying to make this happen.

Guest ReinyRooster

I can certainly understand some people have other commitments....you'll never get everyone......just wish we'd get MORE!

Oh well....those that attend will have a great time.....prizes to be won....satellite radios!!

Just got an email today confirming that Yamaha Canada will be attending this event as well.

and i thought my plate was full. on the 7th of june a groupe of my co-workers ride over to the texas hill country to ride the 3 sisters. on the 14th of june i'll drive my wife & daughter to knoxvill, tenn, for the wife's annual month long stay at her mothers. i fly back to houston on the 16th or 17th. the 21st of june dive the bike up to gigawiskey's southern maintance day. the following weekend the 28 of june my 2 week vacation starts. will drive the bike to the mil's in knoxville,tenn will leave there with my daughter and be heading up to pittsburgh,pa to visit my stepmom and some of my brothers and sisters. then onto the 08 rally. thing we will be getting bingermans on the 5th or 6th of july. looking forward to the rally. hope all have a safe & great summer no matter what you have planed. there's always next year.

best reguards

don c.:322:

IJust got an email today confirming that Yamaha Canada will be attending this event as well.

That's great. Maybe if you could let the folks know when the Yamaha rep is goping to be there, you could at least get a large turn out for the day. With all the B'n&M'ng that we do about not getting any response from Mama Yama and the lousy response from the dealers on the older scoots, it woulkd be a great opportunity to show Yamaha that there are a lot of other rider's besides the Star guys.

Heck, if you could get only 50% of the Ontario members, that would still be over 200. (That is if Brad T wasn't cooking the books to make it look like there were more members in Ontario then there are in Minnesoda...:rasberry:)

BTW: For those of us that purchased raffle tickets for the trailer. If it doesn't go and you use the money for other prizes, do we need to be present to win????

condor

now i am one of those 29 that have pre-registered. BUT I AM NOT ON THE EAST COAST. i'll be driveing the bike from houston about 2,000 miles one way. should not be any excuses why no more ventureriders within 600 miles can't be there and support this rally.

don c.:fiddle::fiddle:

Not nearly that far. Only 1528 miles according to mapquest.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/Houston+TX/Kitchener+ON/

Guest ReinyRooster

Russ, it would be my opinion that you do not need to be present to win in that raffle, whether it's for the trailer or other prizes.

I remember last year when we were looking at locations for the first annual ralley and everyone in the east coming up with excuses that Colorado was too far, and hold it on the east coast next year and they will come. WELL..!! Here it is. Where are they now?? :witch_brew:

Actually, in Colorado last year, there was 7 of us from Kitchener that made the ralley, and if I missed anyone I apologize. So the total from Ontario was approx. 10, and if memory is still good I believe there was over 30 Canadians at the ralley, and I do not remember the total.

On a side note, I'm pretty sure I know where he is going to be putting his foot...

Hal

Me :think: it may be up you A$$, if he can lift it that high :sign20: :rotf:

Brad

I would certainly hate to not be able to get a Tshirt due to this.

Agree as Rhonda, the girls and I would like one as well so that is at least four shirts here.

Heck, if you could get only 50% of the Ontario members, that would still be over 200. (That is if Brad T wasn't cooking the books to make it look like there were more members in Ontario then there are in Minnesoda...:rasberry:)

Mr Owl there is slightly over 200 members and at 50% it equals slightly over 100, not 200. I have given you approximates as I know actual numbers confuse you. :think::stirthepot::rotf:

Brad