IGNORED

Server Update

Freebird

Don

We do appreciate all you do for us and youre making us feel guilty by spending so much time keeping things going for us. I am betting the site will last another day or two with out making the move, SO get out and ride!!!!!!

d### it! Dont make us come out there and get you!!! LOL

Life is short get out and enjoy it while you can, Don. Really , we can wait for a bit if need be, get out and enjoy.

Brian:cool10::cool10:

Yard is half mowed, porch rails are half built, site is half moved.

Man that was fast,,,,,now let me see,,,,was that a halffast job????????

Oh never mind boss, just hope you still have some humor left at the end of the day.

God Bless and mind your missus once now.

Hey Don.... I know exactly what you're going through coz I been there & done that a few times. They promise ya the world and deliver nothin, don't they!

Keep workin at it....you'll get the performance and service you deserve eventually.... in the meantime, we ain't goin no where.

Well...I did a complete backup of the site so message posted between then and now will be lost after the move.

I am having to create new nameservers because we will have our own nameservers now. I have finished that but I don't know how long it will take them to propagate.

I am restoring the backup to the new server but once thats done, I really can't do much until the new nameservers are propagated, Then I'll point the domain to the new nameservers and we will be good to go.

Sort of a waiting game now. I hope they propagate soon. I hate to lose TOO many posts.

Guest Swifty
Yard is half mowed, porch rails are half built, site is half moved.

that's what some call me..."half-fast"...get it?

OK folks..the site is uploaded and working on the new server. I can't flip the switch and send you to it though because the nameservers that I had to create have not propagated yet. I don't know how long that will take and it's out of my control. Once the new nameservers are propagated, I can flip the switch and point the site to the new nameservers...in other words, we'll start using it.

Depending upon how long it takes, I may do another complete backup of this one and then restore it to the other one so that we don't lose all the posts since I started all this mess.

We'll see. It takes a long time to backup and download this site, it's well over 2000MB now. Then I have to upload it to the new site and restore it. If it doesn't take TOO long, we'll just lose the posts during this time span.

You should head to bed now Boss. You've done everything you had to so get some rest. We're all gonna be at your house soon, so if there's anything you don't get done we can just change it to maintenance day around Freebirds house. I'm sure we'll get some scoots fixed too.

Margaret

Don, mowing yards is why God created teenagers & landscapers. And porch railings- hire a carpenter.

After you get the server moved again, just ride. The other stuff will be there when you get back.

Just think how much stuff Amy's been saving for me, after four months. Maybe I'll extend until past mowing season?

Thanks...what I really want to do is RIDE. :) All I have to do this weekend is get this site moved and working properly, cut the 4 acre yard and finish rebuilding the front porch railings. Just too busy right now. Believe it or not, the bike hasn't been out of the garage YET this year. :( I also have two new tires sitting in the garage but haven't had time to get them mounted.

NOTHING....to be sorry for we're sorry you have to work so hard! It is appreciated all the hard work you put into this site!!

Here is the thing folks. Before moving to our new hosting company, I spent HOURS researching, talking to others who host VBulletin forums, etc. I narrowed it down to 3 companies and then chose the one that I THOUGHT would be the best for our needs. I spend many hours over a two or three night period moving our entire site to the new server.

It is not working out. :( Sometimes I just want to sit down and cry but I don't think that is becoming for a grown man.

To make a long story short...I will be moving us again. Probably within the next few hours. I have once again secured a new server and am waiting for it to be setup as I type this. I will then migrate our site to the new server and will then change the nameservers again to point to the new IP address.

What does this mean? Other than a lot of work, it means that from the time the new server is setup and then I do a backup of the current files and database and then move and configure them on the new server, we again lose posts that are made in that span of time of me backing up the old one, moving to the new one and then changing the nameservers.

All I can say is that I am very sorry. I tried very hard to do my homework and make sure it would be a good move for us. It's just not working out.

ME?? Last count was unbelieveable? I have busted over 60 of then in my short life. Bound to be a couple I missed somewhere, besides water (pond) is soft...

Yammer, you better bring your wetsuit and scuba gear if you're gonna cut Dons grass!!!!:stirthepot::stirthepot:

OK...here's the latest update.

Yard is mowed.

Gazebo is rebuilt

Porch railings are built, installed and painted.

Site is ready to go on the new server but the nameservers had STILL not propagated so it's still a waiting game.

Now I have another little job to do. Gotta repair the Altec speaker that WAS mounted high up in the corner of the front porch. It was mounted there until I was hammering in a new rail and it fell on my head. :headache:

OK...here's the latest update.

Gotta repair the Altec speaker that WAS mounted high up in the corner of the front porch. It was mounted there until I was hammering in a new rail and it fell on my head. :headache:

Can You Hear Me Now ? :Avatars_Gee_George::rotf::stirthepot:

BEER30