IGNORED

Aux. 12v port fuse location

Ok, I give up... where's the fuse located for the 12 v cigarette lighter plug? Interestingly enough the fuse box itself is not mentioned in the official Yamaha manual. What's up with that.....

thanks

• 3 years later...
Ok, I give up... where's the fuse located for the 12 v cigarette lighter plug? Interestingly enough the fuse box itself is not mentioned in the official Yamaha manual. What's up with that.....

thanks

The owner's manual clearly identifies BOTH fuse box locations, both with descriptions and pictures.

Goose

That was VERY helpful information.

:stickpoke:

Gary

That's sweet that you agree with the obvious, even if you want to be snide about it.

Saying the information is not there is not helpful to anyone simply because it is wrong. Correcting wrong information is always helpful.

In addition, telling them it is there is helpful because it tells them to RTFM, and anyone who WANTS to be helped (instead of simply hoping to be spoon fed) will find the information and learn - like being taught to fish.

That's sweet that you agree with the obvious, even if you want to be snide about it.

Saying the information is not there is not helpful to anyone simply because it is wrong. Correcting wrong information is always helpful.

In addition, telling them it is there is helpful because it tells them to RTFM, and anyone who WANTS to be helped (instead of simply hoping to be spoon fed) will find the information and learn - like being taught to fish.

Being helpful was what Darthandy posted in #5.

:sign isnt that spec

Being a troll is what you posted in #4.

:rotfl:

Your turn.

Gary

WOW:whistling:

Maybe he doesn't have a manual. I bought mine used and it didn't come with one. My good friend EUAS1 gave me one a month after I bought it.

But there are three locations :think:

You are so correct.

The owner's manual clearly identifies All THREE fuse box locations, both with descriptions and pictures.

One behind panel A, one behind panel B and one behind panel C.

Correcting wrong information is always helpful. Heard this somewhere else, seems like.

There are those rare moments when I wish I had an RSV, just to be on top of this info.

Gary

WOW:whistling:

Maybe he doesn't have a manual. I bought mine used and it didn't come with one. My good friend EUAS1 gave me one a month after I bought it.

Look kids, I really don't want to get into a pissing contest with y'all, as it does not provide any value for all the other members of this site. But if you want to play the game, at least put some effort into it. The OP specifically said "the fuse box itself is not mentioned in the official Yamaha manual." So by his own words, he was actually looking at some documentation from Yamaha. Both the owner's manual and the shop manual do provide the information he claimed was not there.

You are so correct.

The owner's manual clearly identifies All THREE fuse box locations, both with descriptions and pictures.

One behind panel A, one behind panel B and one behind panel C.

Correcting wrong information is always helpful. Heard this somewhere else, seems like.

There are those rare moments when I wish I had an RSV, just to be on top of this info.

Gary

As to the "three" locations, you are correct in that the manual clearly identifies all three. HOWEVER, there are not three fuse boxes, just two. The OP specifically asked about the location of the "fuse box", and more importantly, he referenced a specific circuit that is in one of the boxes. Since there are only two fuse boxes, that is significant to the response he asked for. The third location is simply the single master fuse, so bringing that up just confuses the issue even more for someone who already cannot find the information about the location of the two fuse boxes. But it does provide complete information about the stock fuse locations on a 2nd gen, so I thank you for that.

Enjoy your evening,

Goose

HOWEVER, there are not three fuse boxes, just two.

Goose

I'm sorry, I passed 7th grade reading comprehension.

Two pictures linked from 2002 RSV service manual.

1st Picture "The main fuse box..."

1st picture "Fuse box 1 is located..."

2nd picture "Fuse box 2 is located..."

Granted, Yamaha has a strange numbering designation, but 2nd grade math was 1+1+1=3

I think your pea stream is a little short here.

:stirthepot:

Gary

I don't see where any posts have been deleted. I'm close to deleting the entire thread though. It has gotten petty and silly.

Well good, I must have had better sense and didn't complete it. Probably better off anyway. I am on your side get rid of it. That is what makes this site great we usually don't have these kind of threads.

This "KID" got a good nights sleep. What did I miss?? I've been told I'm Stupid so type slowly!!! I asked what I thought was a legit question and got "I don't know and don't give a F*** from this person. Then he called me stupid in front of 5000 members. I'm Sorry Don but he asks for it.:whistling: Out of respect for you and this site I walked away. It has eat at me since. So I was waiting a chance. I'll be good. Kick me out or whatever I don't back up from no idiot.

Wondering where my post went? :think: :doh:

my post went bye bye - don't really care because it was just a dig anyway. It's a REALLY difficult life when you have no faults, I'm just guessing at that because I did make a mistake in 2010, I think it was mid june :think:

I just made an amazing discovery - There's a cigarette lighter type outlet on my fairing - sonofagun - didn't know that was there. Probably seen it at one time or another but - - - -

I just made an amazing discovery - There's a cigarette lighter type outlet on my fairing - sonofagun - didn't know that was there. Probably seen it at one time or another but - - - -

....and I bet there's a little push button right next to it too that turns some lights on and off! Imagine that!!!! And the fuse for that little gizmo is likely not located behind either door #1, #2 or #3! It's probably in the fairing somewhere. That makes FOUR fuse locations!!!!!!

:rotf:

....and I bet there's a little push button right next to it too that turns some lights on and off! Imagine that!!!! And the fuse for that little gizmo is likely not located behind either door #1, #2 or #3! It's probably in the fairing somewhere. That makes FOUR fuse locations!!!!!!

:rotf:

Shhhhh!!!! Must be Hiding!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...