IGNORED

Going to look at another bike tomorrow

M61A1MECH

I found a 1996 Royal Star for sale on Craig's list, it is about 1.5 hours due west of me, going to take a look at it tomorrow after work.

It has been on CL for 6 or 8 weeks and the price has been declining, today he posted "Make an Offer", he told me has $2000.00 in it and would like to that bake out of it. He recently purchased it from a friend's wife, she only put 31,000 miles on it, so I am hoping it really looks as good in person as it does in the photos.

I am thinking of offering him $1500.00 to start with.

What do you guys think?

01212_exXsxevIazQ_1200x900[1].jpg

00F0F_jBhjJ0m465C_1200x900[1].jpg

00g0g_dD6uWGFlkrR_1200x900[1].jpg

00V0V_ySm432o1Zu_1200x900[1].jpg

00I0I_612nXuDtYJE_1200x900[1].jpg

Looks really good.

Pull a Richard Rawlings. Take cash. Offer $1000, he responds and says he really needs $2000, say, let's split it, I have cash, and be silent. You have nothing to lose, you can always up your offer, but never the other way.

Remind him it's getting to the end of the riding season, that itself might help. Good Luck.

Looks really good.

Pull a Richard Rawlings. Take cash. Offer $1000, he responds and says he really needs $2000, say, let's split it, I have cash, and be silent. You have nothing to lose, you can always up your offer, but never the other way.

Remind him it's getting to the end of the riding season, that itself might help. Good Luck.

Yeah, this. I am brutal like this when I buy used stuff. Worst that can happen is having to spend up a little but still get a good deal.

I always liked that bike, especially with the four in four pipes. Remember thay are not as fast as the earlier or later 1300 engines. Something about the carbs I think.

:farmer:

Yes I am aware of the performance of the bike, I owned a 98 Tour Classic for 9 years prior to getting my Venture, I am more concerned about adjusting back to that style after having my Goldwing for a number of years.

i am planning on keeping the Goldwing just not sure how much I will enjoy this bike if I get it. I hope a lot, because I really enjoyed my 98.

I had to walk away, just not clean enough, all the aluminum was oxidized from being in the Florida humidity, no maintenance records, so no telling when any fluids were changed or how regular, this owner has only had it since February. The tires had plenty of tread but , based on the low mileage and it being 23 years old I am sure the are old and need to be changed. The seat has black tape covering the front seam.

All in all just pointed to not being taken care of the way I expected (hoped). He said he did not want to go very far below $2000.00.

It ran good and sounded good, but I did not like the way it handled, maybe I am just spoiled by my Goldwing, any way, I knew there would be some things that needed attention, but unless I could get it for $800.00 to $1000.00 it is just not worth sinking several hundred dollars in a bike I do not need and really do not have space for. I could make it fit in the garage, but it would difficult, so decided to walk away.

I probably should just stop looking at them all together :bang head: and be happy riding what I have. :biker:

Thanks to all that responded.

I probably should just stop looking at them all together :bang head: and be happy riding what I have. :biker:

Yep, if you are married, don't go to bars where women hang out. If you have a good car, don't be looking at new cars. If you have a bike you like, don't go looking at more. That's how I ended up with 3 motorcycles. I kept looking at craigslist. Neither of the three bikes gets the attention they deserve.