IGNORED

I think my 89VR has dvekoped a problem....

Trying to get my front wheel off the ground is like trying to wheelie a Road King. Not sayin' it's slow like an RK, shes just awful respectful of gravity with all that heinous girth on her, especially up front.

Maybe you got some Vmax components or a lower final drive gear (VMX gen1). My gears are stock and bike stock-ish, and it rolls right on out too, but no lightness up front.

The Venture will easily lift the front wheel off the ground in 1st and 2nd gear. I have never seen a stock Venture lift the front in 3rd, 4th or 5th. But it will get light on the front. Even with the weight that she is haulin. And I aint real small either. But then I have never tried real hard to do it either. Approaching red line in 3rd, 4th or 5th exceeds the speed of my guardian angle.

Knowing you, you likely fabbed a wing in place of the fork brace..

On a more serious note though.. Mine had wobble at high speeds, usually showed up passing a HW Tracker. I did correct that but it took a bit.

These frames don't take well to the landing of a wheely tho.

Knowing you, you likely fabbed a wing in place of the fork brace..

On a more serious note though.. Mine had wobble at high speeds, usually showed up passing a HW Tracker. I did correct that but it took a bit.

These frames don't take well to the landing of a wheely tho.

Who me? Put on a wing????

I said it was capable of lifting the front wheel, I never said it was a good idea.:whistling:

i only learned that it could by accident, when a Hardly tried (unsuccessfully) to pass me........But him seeing my front come up sure did get my point across.

I said it was capable of lifting the front wheel, I never said it was a good idea.:whistling:

i only learned that it could by accident, when a Hardly tried (unsuccessfully) to pass me........But him seeing my front come up sure did get my point across.

My wife calls smoking an HD a sickness I have. I overheard two riders at a gas station talking about the "sharp color of blue wasted on my POS Yamaha" last week. I waited for them to leave so I could take em on the highway. Didn't take long. I laughed the next 50 miles. Glad I'm not alone.

In any gear, under heavy WOT acceleration when the RPM's approach 5.5K the front end gets very light and occasionally lifts off the ground.

Is this normal??

Nooo......It's not NORMAL it should do this every time .... But than unless your bike is two tone Black cherry and Burgundy it might just lack that extra edge :bikersmilie:

On the way to the Guntersille Int. I got caught at a traffic light while following Jayceesfolly, who just made it through the light. He was going to pull over and wait and I told him to keep going since he was pulling a trailer and I figured on not having any issue catching up. When the light turned green I nailed the throttle and she came well off the front wheel through the first two gears and settled down On the third as I eased off the throttle. (Being trunk Heavy Kinda contributed to the lift obviously) but she really smoked in any case. As I accelerated to catch Jim, I suddenly noticed out of the corner of my Eye A crowed of people in a lot off to my right suddenly turn and watch me blur by. Later that night I came out of the motel to get some stuff off my bike to find two bikers looking my bike over. They informed they saw the bike earlier that day when it blew by with the front wheel off the ground through two gears and wondered what I did to the bike. Of course the bike is stock and I told them so. Turns out they were part of the crowed I passed which also turns out was a Harley Riders Appreciation BBQ.

Edited by saddlebum

Well you state the facts well ( as always;) ) these bikes when in proper order can behave more like a sport bike than a heavy touring bike. But it is unmetric like to show up a HD, we should always bare in mind that they spend big in purchase and upkeep. Just think of the expense they go thu in chrome pipes and noise tickets, just to mask the sound of unmeshable gears and piston slap!

Nooo......It's not NORMAL it should do this every time .... But than unless your bike is two tone Black cherry and Burgundy it might just lack that extra edge :bikersmilie:

OH please you saddle bum, everyone knows Blue is the faster color!

Well you state the facts well ( as always;) ) these bikes when in proper order can behave more like a sport bike than a heavy touring bike. But it is unmetric like to show up a HD, we should always bare in mind that they spend big in purchase and upkeep. Just think of the expense they go thu in chrome pipes and noise tickets, just to mask the sound of unmeshable gears and piston slap!

I could swear I read on this site that Blue, as in gen 1 MK II, was the fastest color???:confused24:

I could swear I read on this site that Blue, as in gen 1 MK II, was the fastest color???:confused24:
Well Good old Yammer may have moved on, but I can see he definitely has left his mark and a few misguided followers. I gotta say though I do miss Our friendly debates.

:stirthepot: This ones for you Yammer.

Well Good old Yammer may have moved on, but I can see he definitely has left his mark and a few misguided followers. I gotta say though I do miss Our friendly debates.

:stirthepot: This ones for you Yammer.

Amen. I have been off work for month with a torn shoulder and have passed a lot of time reading old posts. I miss Yammers 1st gen vs 2nd gen pokes.

By the way it's gotta be faded blue to be fast according to Dan.