IGNORED

CQ CQ de KD4FOV.....

uhfradarwill

There's a few of us.

Former WB2GBO, General class, ticket expired in the late 60's while in the military...

Ah the late 60's, what a time to be alive. Tune in, drop out, make love not war etc....

Unfortunately, if you consider 1969 late 60's, I was only three.

I did however do 10 years USAF!!

Skid ,Extra Class license = Doctor of radio. Nice work hope to catch some members when I upgrade.Bill

Sounds like a plan. I have antennas for 40 & 75 meters that works great.

Adrian (TDunc) has his license too. I've talked with him a couple times on 40.

W0JWD here. That was my Dad's old call sign which I got (was issued KK4ONJ).

My Dad and two uncles were ham's. General class, but slowly working on my Extra.

I'm secretary of the local radio club, North Georgia Amateur Radio Club.

I'm semi active on vhf/uhf and help run a weekly 2meter net. I get on 40meters once in a while.

Kay Dee Six Uncle Ocean Tom.... Got the Ham tech ticket in order to apply for a full Mexican General when cruising down in the Sea of Cortez. MX will grant a general to anyone that holds a US Ham. Had the ICOM 735 marine on the boat opened up to Ham as well, so could talk to anyone... any where.... That was many years ago. Did renew once, but the last time they got greedy and I wasn't active any longer so let it expire... I think??

Kay Dee Six Uncle Ocean Tom.... Got the Ham tech ticket in order to apply for a full Mexican General when cruising down in the Sea of Cortez. MX will grant a general to anyone that holds a US Ham. Had the ICOM 735 marine on the boat opened up to Ham as well, so could talk to anyone... any where.... That was many years ago. Did renew once, but the last time they got greedy and I wasn't active any longer so let it expire... I think??

I think there is a 10 year grace period.

• 2 months later...

My dad use to do short wave radio.

He would sit in his radio shack as we called it for hours listening to signals from all around the world.

He finally got his license late in life but I think he still did more listening than talking.

He had a wire antenna that stretched across the lot to a tree on the other side. It must have been 100 feet long or so,

My dad never spent a buck on anything he could make himself. With ten kids there wasn't must extra money for that kind of stuff.

Thinking back he was a very smart man who could figure out almost anything.

I wish sometimes that I was just half as smart as he was.

Unfortunately he was smart with mechanical stuff, electricity and radios and the like, just wasn't so good with people.

He was pretty much a loner, we always thought he would have made a great hermit.

He spent a lot of time with this toys taking things apart just to see how they worked. I remember sitting there watching him take things apart and they place it back where he just took it out of. Just to see how it went together.

He was a very inquisitive man. I think that is kind of lost in today's society.

Well I got way off the subject here, guess I was just remembering a great man in my life.

Carry on. OVER

Bubber