IGNORED

Crazy summer,,, BUT AWESOME non the less!!!

cowpuc

Glad to hear it was not the frame and was something that will not be to bad to fix. I an guessing that when you went airborne that the engine / rear wheel RPM shot way up. and then had a huge drive line shock when you landed, the screech you heard.

At this point I have no idea what is next. I am still looking around. I do not think I would live long on a RF1...... I do not have near your skill set. Not to mention that I do not bend that way anymore. I have entertained the thought of getting a full size airplane instead of another scoot. In addition to my "toy" airplanes I do also have a full size pilots license. I am probably fortunate that my bike sold after the EAA show. It is way easy to go to that show and bring a new toy home.

:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You do that and I will DEFINITELY be camping in your front yard just BEGGIN :178: for some flyin time!!!!

Where the fun on the 190 mph R1 ends,,, the FUN in a REAL airplane only begins begins brother!!!

"ROAD'S? Where we're going we dont need any roads":bikersmilie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flge_rw6RG0

Welcome home Puc. Per your write ups I installed Kenda 777s this summer instead of D404s and they are very sticky like you said. Thanks for the info. Road them at the Asheville get together om the mountains roads. :clap2::thumbsup2:

:farmer:

Thanks for the welcome home Sly - that is greatly appreciated!! Kenda 777,, :scratchchin:,,, dont remember that one,,, you mean a Shinko 777 :think:,,,,, :detective:,, dont matter,,, either Kenda or Shink = just glad to hear you got new shoes on er and they are workin great!!! Chasing those lop eared suthin varmints on those roads down yonder is DEFINITELY a good testin ground regardless of which brand your runnin :biker::guitarist 2:

Welcome back Puc, I hope you get your bike back together and running as smooth as she normally does. I hope your car drive back to Cali will be an easy one.

Heyyyyyy,,,,, wassup Dogman!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the welcome home brother,,, same to you folks as I think I read you and the lovely better half did the NY Rally = wish I coulda joined you folks for yet another AWESOME time with friends!!

Tweeks is gonna be ok I think.. She is still in pieces (got a U-Joint ordered - should be here Monday) but it looks like the only real damage from her hard landing was a cracked bearing boss on the U-Joint that caused some premature, very heavy and heated wearing on a bearing due to the odd angle the cracked and bent boss ended up at... Tell ya one thing brother,,, could have DEFINITELY been worse!!! :fingers-crossed-emo there's not more damage internally on her motor cause this beat up old, twisted old lop eared CTFW varmint aint no way - no how gonna pull a motor = would be time to find yet another of Tweeks family members to tortur,,, I mean adopt :big-grin-emoticon:...

Hope all is well with the Dogman family my brother!!

:bighug: to all!!!!

Puc

Glad to hear it was not the frame and was something that will not be to bad to fix. I an guessing that when you went airborne that the engine / rear wheel RPM shot way up. and then had a huge drive line shock when you landed, the screech you heard.

At this point I have no idea what is next. I am still looking around. I do not think I would live long on a RF1...... I do not have near your skill set. Not to mention that I do not bend that way anymore. I have entertained the thought of getting a full size airplane instead of another scoot. In addition to my "toy" airplanes I do also have a full size pilots license. I am probably fortunate that my bike sold after the EAA show. It is way easy to go to that show and bring a new toy home.

In 2003, a coworker who was a 40 yr. old bachelor engineer owned a small airplane. He said it cost him about $10k per year in O&M. But, he also said that its worth had gone up tremendously since he bought it. One of his girl friends wanted to get her pilot's license so he trained her (for free of course) and then she dumped him!

Thanks for the welcome home Sly - that is greatly appreciated!! Kenda 777,, :scratchchin:,,, dont remember that one,,, you mean a Shinko 777 :think:,,,,, :detective:,, dont matter,,, either Kenda or Shink = just glad to hear you got new shoes on er and they are workin great!!! Chasing those lop eared suthin varmints on those roads down yonder is DEFINITELY a good testin ground regardless of which brand your runnin :biker::guitarist 2:

Hey I am older than you most likely and I plead the fifth, yes the tires are Shinko.

:farmer:

Puc, Just got back in town myself. The last 2 weeks running out to Knoxville to pick up a new to me travel trailer! Just got home an hour ago.

Glad you both are OK and so sorry to hear Tweaksis is hurting!

I'm going to hit the showers and take a nap. Tired after going across this wonderful country and some truly crappy roads! My Yukon was not happy!

Later and welcome home!

Puc, Just got back in town myself. The last 2 weeks running out to Knoxville to pick up a new to me travel trailer! Just got home an hour ago.

Glad you both are OK and so sorry to hear Tweaksis is hurting!

I'm going to hit the showers and take a nap. Tired after going across this wonderful country and some truly crappy roads! My Yukon was not happy!

Later and welcome home!

Heyyyyyy ya lop eared varmint - WELCOME HOME TO YOU TOO MY BROTHER!!!!:thumbsup:

Sooo,, @videoarizona , gotta a quick question for ya Vaz,,, how is that a professional picture takin (I have SEEN your work first hand so NO possibility of using modesty to having denied us of this :missingtooth:) varmint like you has not shared any vids or pics of this Horse House Motel you went and got?? I mean really brother,,, not only is not posting em up sort of just wrong,,, it's also a major CODE violation ya know!!

:photographing::cop:

Puc Happy to hear you & Tippy are OK . Sorry Tweeksis got hurt but it's fixable. On the frame I'm 100% sure the frame had been welded by the previous owner and you should see it in the record book you got with the bike.

@Carbon_One ,, INDEED Larry = YOU have a VERY good memory my friend!!!! I got a chance and did dig around in DenDens awesome maintenance notes and sure nuff = frame has been updated:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good thing too cause,, after getting the output shaft out, I found out that we landed hard enough to actually crack/bend one of the u-joint bearing bosses and ended up "tweekin" that "arm" enough that it toasted that bearing BIG TIME!! What a mess BUT definitely could have been much worse if the frame had let go when she landed and went "squawk":doh:!!

By the way,,, I now have the parts sitting on the counter here just waiting to put her back together... @Freebird or @Marcarl or who ever else can make a corrective change in the read only tech section,,, the quoted part number needed for a replacement joint that reads "s-1500X" should read "5-1500X"... :2cents:

Heyyyyyy ya lop eared varmint - WELCOME HOME TO YOU TOO MY BROTHER!!!!:thumbsup:

Sooo,, videoarizona , gotta a quick question for ya Vaz,,, how is that a professional picture takin (I have SEEN your work first hand so NO possibility of using modesty to having denied us of this :missingtooth:) varmint like you has not shared any vids or pics of this Horse House Motel you went and got?? I mean really brother,,, not only is not posting em up sort of just wrong,,, it's also a major CODE violation ya know!!

:photographing::cop:

I'm coming...pedalling as fast as I can!! Grins!

I'm out of town again so emails and forums are a bit harder than normal. Had to use bluetooth to transfer pics from phone to tablet to post here.

2014 Coleman 249RB

20180823_161524.jpg

Edited by videoarizona
Spelling

Highly rated. And we liked the floor plan and amenities.

http://www.rvguide.com/specs/dutchmen/travel-trailer/2014/coleman-reg-explorer/ctu249rb/reviews.html

I have two tvs... Probably won't use them. Entertainment center has everything including dvd, bluetooth and aux inputs.

Have wireless remote for awning, slideout and porch light. Both vents have covers so vents are usable in rain. Lots of storage and tankage.

Got a good deal... Enough so it was worth driving Yukon to Knoxville to pick it up and bring it home.

Freebird...I would have jumped on that scoot deal for sure! Glad you brought her home!