IGNORED

Hyper flashing turn signals

Toeman

I decided to replace my front and rear turn signal bulbs with led's and now they hyper flash. I actually expected it because the same thing happened on my 02 Kawasaki Voyager when I added led's. On my Voyager the fix was to put in a different turn signal relay. Does anyone know if this will work for the gen 2 RSV? If so where is the relay located?

Also I have been looking for a chrome ignition bezel and chrome air cleaner covers. So far haven't had any luck.

thank you for the help.

Here is a thread from the tech section that shows you how to mod the OEM flasher to work with LEDs. If you replace the flasher with an after market unit designed for LEDs you may loose the self cancel feature on the turn signals.

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?128835-LED-Turn-Signal-Mod

The other option is to install load resistors to fool the flasher into thinking the OEM bulbs are installed.

Yeah what Steve said on the flashers. The chrome air filters are out there but at double or triple the cost. As for the chrome switch cover IMHO you can do without it. It will blind you when you don't expect it. I had one on mine for a very short time.

Yeah what Steve said on the flashers. The chrome air filters are out there but at double or triple the cost. As for the chrome switch cover IMHO you can do without it. It will blind you when you don't expect it. I had one on mine for a very short time.

thanks for the advice

Here is a thread from the tech section that shows you how to mod the OEM flasher to work with LEDs. If you replace the flasher with an after market unit designed for LEDs you may loose the self cancel feature on the turn signals.

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?128835-LED-Turn-Signal-Mod

The other option is to install load resistors to fool the flasher into thinking the OEM bulbs are installed.

Thanks Steve

I switched mine over to LED bulbs for signals and thought I would just "live with" the fast flash thing. I was doing something one day and had the 4 ways on I think and I really could not pick out that the signals were even on they flash so quickly. So I 86'd them to the drawer and put standard bulbs back in. Load resistors are probably the only good way to make them right.

If you are willing to give up the self canceling the best way is to put in an LED flasher, it will not be plug and play. You will have to mess with the wiring to get it to work.

If you want to keep the self canceling then the only option (I have heard of) is with load resistors. I have seen some LED bulbs that had built in load resistors.

I am having the same fast flashing with the stock bulbs. I have a 2008 RSV. The rear bulbs have the 2 off centered pins. The original front turn signals that had the 3 pins were replaced with the older style 1157 sockets and bulbs. The flashers have been flashing rapidly ever since I got the bike.

I even tried to using 1156 bulbs in the rear by grinding off one of the pins and no luck.

My next trial is to get a hold of some of the 3 pin bulbs for the front in Amber by grinding out the necessary pins for them to fit. Only problem is, I don't know what number they are. My local automotive parts store does not have them and don't know what they are.

grubsie

Here is an issue had on my 98 Tour Classic, one turn signal was flashing fast, when you watched with the lens on it "appeared " to be working but flashing fast. I swapped bulbs left to right and the issue followed the bulb. When I watched them flash with out the lens I saw that the running light filament on the suspect bulb was actually flashing not the turn signal segment. Evidently there was some sort of back feed and the running light filament was seeing the voltage meant for the turn signal, it must have had less resistance than the turn signal filament which caused the high flash rate, once I changed out the bulb all went back to normal and I never had any more problems. Just some food for thought