IGNORED

Don't know whether to be happy or sad.

RDawson

IMG_0951.jpgGot the oldest daughter loaded up to move off for medical school and the RSV for the ride home. We're supposed to guide them to adulthood and teach them to be an asset to society and turn them loose on the world. I'm proud of what she's accomplished and where she's headed, but dang it she's always been a daddy's girl. The other one only has two years of high school left and she plans to move off to be an engineer. Don't have a clue how to be an empty nester but it's around the corner. Awful proud of both of them but I'm just not ready to let em go. My parents went through it 7 times but we all still live within a 20 minute drive of where we grew up.

Congratulations are in order I would say!

I remember a lady comedian talking about that and how she was so sad when her kid went off to college and then the punch line was that she and her husband were running around the house naked that next day!

We were married a month to the day when the wife went to the dr sick. Turns out it was morning sickness. We've taken exactly 4 trips: two weekenders and two week long trips without the kids in 23 years. Two of those this year, one to MD. I don't know if we know how to be married without kids hanging around. I've had more fun wagging them all over the country than I deserve. Our lives have revolved around those girls and we've loved every minute of it. I'll probably drive the 16yo nuts now since I only have a couple years to do it.

I agree, Happy and proud. My oldest daughter graduated from Purdue, Chemical Engineer in May, and couple weeks back, moved her from Indianapolis to Wichita. Long 11 hr drive, but she got an awesome job with Hormel Foods. So I know how you feel. I'm hoping the long drive keeps the lingering dip**** boyfriend away :whistling:

I agree, Happy and proud. My oldest daughter graduated from Purdue, Chemical Engineer in May, and couple weeks back, moved her from Indianapolis to Wichita. Long 11 hr drive, but she got an awesome job with Hormel Foods. So I know how you feel. I'm hoping the long drive keeps the lingering dip**** boyfriend away :whistling:

I'm lucky on the boyfriend front. She's got a good one.

I'm sure it'll be better with time but starting the bike to ride away and leave her was the hardest thing I've ever done.

Mom and lil sister are staying the night to help unpack. She's got big things coming in her future.

I feel your pain Corporal Newkirk!!! It hurts so much ya wanna cry tears of joy,,, totally a mixed bag of emotions.... I always liken it to what a women might feel when giving birth to a person she loves so much she would die for her/him. Amazing thing this parenting business...

At any rate,,, sure sounds like you Dawson's did a right fine job IMHO,,,, :ice_congrats-vi6886 to you all of you and please tell that youngen to study hard and very very soon she will be celebrating in the white coat ceremony!!!!:You_Rock_Emoticon: kiddo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!