IGNORED

OLD WEST GUN FREEK ALERT!!!!! I grew up ahhh dreamin,, of bein a Cowboy...

cowpuc

I know for a fact I ain't the only lop eared powder packin, gun lovin varmint who's hero's have always been cowboys here in the club so I thought I would :stirthepot: with this local ad from last weeks paper.. Read em n weep boys,, read em weep but leave 2 bits in the can for singers when ya do!!

DSCN6182.JPG

As a child of the 50’s you can bet my heroes were cowboys. I remember well watching Roy, Gabby, Gene, Tex and a whole host of those Saturday morning heroes with my Grandfather. That’s how I learned right from wrong, to stand up for the weak and less fortunate and how to treat a lady. America’s youth could use some of these lessons. And now I’m the Grandfather-- if only I could get my grandsons interested. I guess I’ll have to find a way to add a joystick and computer screen to the process. Go figure.

Great song and singing Puc and Cappy, straight from the heart. Send us more!!

As a child of the 50’s you can bet my heroes were cowboys. I remember well watching Roy, Gabby, Gene, Tex and a whole host of those Saturday morning heroes with my Grandfather. That’s how I learned right from wrong, to stand up for the weak and less fortunate and how to treat a lady. America’s youth could use some of these lessons. And now I’m the Grandfather-- if only I could get my grandsons interested. I guess I’ll have to find a way to add a joystick and computer screen to the process. Go figure.

Great song and singing Puc and Cappy, straight from the heart. Send us more!!

I was fascinated by Sky King and his airplane. In fact, for about 3 years I sold advertising the turboprop and Jet owners and dealers Across the Nation but mostly in Texas. Now THERE is an interesting group of people with money!

...in the Eternal scheme of things, this isn't even the blink of an eye.

Must admit my pockets aren't that deep & I also have a $1000 stupid ding (just didn't see the bollard!) in our Jeep to pay for :(

It's nothing like the same I know, but I am seriously considering one of these:

https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/golden-boy/

the Lone Ranger & Tonto, Hopalong Cassidy were my faves!.... My! that was a LONG time ago.

Edited by Kretz

The cowboy in the photo is Evil Roy, a famous cowboy action shooter. Not sure why he's holding a .22, cuz they're not allowed in cowboy action. suggest you upgrade to a larger model in 38 special. It'll feel more like a real rifle.:stickpoke:

I would guess maybe because he's paid by Henry Rifles & it may not be a 22 he's holding. It could be any one of Henry's models that look similar to the 22 Golden Boy.

As for the "real rifle" I've no objections if you're going to supply & pay for the "real rifle" ammo ;) :beer:

I would guess maybe because he's paid by Henry Rifles & it may not be a 22 he's holding. It could be any one of Henry's models that look similar to the 22 Golden Boy.

As for the "real rifle" I've no objections if you're going to supply & pay for the "real rifle" ammo ;) [emoji481]

I used to take a .44 but lately it's a .38 because I'm losing weight.

-David Bromburgh

Listen to Bullfrog Blues by David Bromberg on Napster: https://npstr.cm/sb89sy

Kick back and laugh!

...in the Eternal scheme of things, this isn't even the blink of an eye.

The cowboy in the photo is Evil Roy, a famous cowboy action shooter. Not sure why he's holding a .22, cuz they're not allowed in cowboy action. suggest you upgrade to a larger model in 38 special. It'll feel more like a real rifle.:stickpoke:

Who said he was action shooting?? I bet he burns up a lot of 22 ammo when messing around.... Plus... he's representing a Henry plinker. Why would Henry have him show a larger cowboy action rifle when they're advertising the 22 lever??

INDEED!!! Cowboy or not,,, a man can't never have enough ammo!!!!!! :big-grin-emoticon::thumbsup:

That sorta reminds me of an old adage. How much money do you want to make?? Answer: $5 bucks more than I can spend... So morphing that a bit. How much ammo do you need?? Answer: One more round than I can shoot.... As I get older my brain wanders a bit.... :-):backinmyday:

Just got this in January as a birthday gift from a long time friend. It's a replica and has a good rep for accuracy...

Always loved the old west....

That's one nice looking pistol & you have some great friends! Where do I get me one of those?

There are some really nice 22 "cowboy style" pistols out there, & that is certainly one I'm going to look at. Thanks for posting!

Must admit I'm leaning more & more towards 22's. I know some say they're "not real guns" but I'm getting older, have some neck & shoulder problems & these things can provide just as much fun, & for me that's what it's all about. The ammo is a lot cheaper than anything else too. Anyway, with the way our Gov't is headed that's all we'll be able to shoot soon (if at all) :(

Hope it provides many hours of enjoyment for you!

Nice... Time to go buy a case of beer.... empties make great plinkin' targets.... :-)

Yes! But a lot harder to hit as more cans get emptied! LOL :beer:

That's one nice looking pistol & you have some great friends! Where do I get me one of those?

There are some really nice 22 "cowboy style" pistols out there, & that is certainly one I'm going to look at. Thanks for posting!

Must admit I'm leaning more & more towards 22's. I know some say they're "not real guns" but I'm getting older, have some neck & shoulder problems & these things can provide just as much fun, & for me that's what it's all about. The ammo is a lot cheaper than anything else too. Anyway, with the way our Gov't is headed that's all we'll be able to shoot soon (if at all) :( Hope it provides many hours of enjoyment for you!Yes! But a lot harder to hit as more cans get emptied! LOL :beer:

There are several western style Colt copies that come out of Italy that are very nice. They've come a long way in the last 40 years. If you get a chance take a look at the Uberti's and pietta's. I just picked up a Navy Arms Stoeger-Uberti 22/22 mag Combo because I didn't have one and always wanted one. Navy Arms was the first company to start importing Colt copies years ago.

As far as the moving targets.... Just makes it more challenging.. :-)

66_1.jpg

Well I have other pistols but this is one of my favorites. I love the .22 because you can shoot it for hours without breaking the bank. Fun plinking.

These Rugers aren't authentic western I don't suppose but they are great guns and one of my favorites. I have the .22 and the .22 magnum cylinders for it.

IMG_1032.jpg IMG_1033.jpg