IGNORED

Computer gurus I need help or ideas.

Condor

I'm having trouble accessing some sites, and this whole things seemed to have started when Chrome started that non-voluntary

filter blocker. This sight and my own come thru great, but any auction sites get locked up in a time out after trying to establish

a sucure connection.... I've tried a couple of things like turning the pop up blocker off in advanced settings, and allowing cookies. So far nada...

Also some but not all graphics will not download.

Any ideas??

[h=1]This site can’t be reached[/h]http://www.bidrl.com took too long to respond.

Try:

ERR_TIMED_OUT

I got right on that site you linked to.

I'm on Chrome. Haven't done anything to mine. It's stock, per se.

Suggest if it is taking to long to load... click on the stop ..."X" in upper left, then click on the reload button...same place as the stop X. Sometimes, by stopping and then quickly reloading a page, it gets through the ad crap loading faster. You can see the progress in the lower left of screen...and can see what is holding up the process. If it continues to be a security process holding you up, email Chrome or read their FAQ's. (3 horizontal bars in upper right is drop down menu...click on it.) Go to Settings. Scroll to bottom and click on advanced settings. Check all settings on content management and security. If not sure, there is help there as well.

Good luck...

I got right on that site you linked to.

I'm on Chrome. Haven't done anything to mine. It's stock, per se.

Suggest if it is taking to long to load... click on the stop ..."X" in upper left, then click on the reload button...same place as the stop X. Sometimes, by stopping and then quickly reloading a page, it gets through the ad crap loading faster. You can see the progress in the lower left of screen...and can see what is holding up the process. If it continues to be a security process holding you up, email Chrome or read their FAQ's. (3 horizontal bars in upper right is drop down menu...click on it.) Go to Settings. Scroll to bottom and click on advanced settings. Check all settings on content management and security. If not sure, there is help there as well.

Good luck...

Yeah, I did too... I just receive a notice on my phone that I'd received a Chrome Fast and Secure Update. And the app is now working. So I'm just guessing that the FUBAR was Chrome's... I'll keep checking tho 'cause all 3 devises had the same problem. Phone, I-Pad, and Desktop.... Heck there's some things I wanted to bid on... :mo money:

I'm using FF and had no issues, it popped right up.

You could give me your bidder info and I could bid for you if you like. Anything there I might want?

LOL Lots of things you might want.... Getting them over the boarder might be a problem... Heck, getting them into California is just as bad I bet...

For all those who actually took the time to read this thing, for some reason I received an automatic Chrome update and everything is good again... For about 4 hours this morning I had to go thru withdrawal... :whistling:

When l've encounter slow loading of such web sites a good thing to is to delete my History files and start fresh reloads of these sites. Works for me.

Did all that with both the internal Chrome cleaner and CCleaner. No help until the cyber Gods from Google Chrome step in and everything started working again.

When l've encounter slow loading of such web sites a good thing to is to delete my History files and start fresh reloads of these sites. Works for me.
There may be other causes but I have found the most common slowdown is due to loading ads that are either poorly written or are trying to connect to overloaded servers. My solution is to press the F5 button which reloads the page and generally bypasses the current ad choice. Of course, the next ad may also have the same problem so pressing F5 will pass that one too. Works reliably for me.