IGNORED

Possible Diabetes?

RoadKill

Before I left for the Natchez ride I had a 6 month Dr. Appointment. At that time when they did blood work my Glucose came back higher than normal and that is the 2nd time it has done that. I told the Dr I had a Granola bar right before I got there, but she thought it was still high even taking that into account. :confused24: Therefore this morning I'm going Coffeeless:crying: and have to go in for a 2hour test.

I've been praying all night that what is God's will to help me accept it and deal with it. :2133: So keep me in your thoughts & prayers Thanks

Hang in there Roadkill if you do have Diabetes it is vary manageable. If anyone can do it you can. As you know I have this life changer to. It seemed like life was over when I first found out I had this, but life had just begun. I got off my butt stopped eating the junk I should have stopped years ago and in the long run i am in better shape now then I have ever been. You know you can call any time and talk you have my Number. You can get though this, good luck and ride safe. remember god loves you and will not put more on you then you can handle.

:7_6_3[1]::7_6_3[1]::7_6_3[1]::7_6_3[1]::7_6_3[1]::7_6_3[1]:

Jay,

Your in our thoughts bro, as mentioned it's not a death warrant, Lonna has been a type 1 diabetic for almost 13 years. She does amazingly well in controlling it, it will take some time to get used to. If you do have it, sounds like it will be type 2 and could be controlled with diet and a possible prescription. It's scary because it's you and I can imagine the feeling, but it will all work out my friend...the phone is always on and your welcome to talk to us anytime you want.

Guest JGorom
I've been praying all night that what is God's will to help me accept it and deal with it. :2133: So keep me in your thoughts & prayers Thanks

Amen to your attitude and faith brother...you are in our prayers!

As already mentioned, Diabetes it is very manageable and is not a death threat so you can relax. Millions have it and great medicine is out there. In fact a new type hitting the market shortly you will be able to take it oraly.

You might want to think more about slowing down on your smoking..now that will kill ya..

No offense, but man you smoke a lot...I mean one right after the other..

I used to smoke too bud, and know its hard to quit..but you need to cut back a little thats all I'm saying.

Your to young of a man and you have a whole lot of life ahead of you to be smoking that much. As said, diabeties is easily controlled..having cancer is russian rulette..

Wish you could ask Mean Dog about what I am saying....

Roadkill, I did not mean to sound like I'm telling you what to do now, it's just my personal concern coming out for you as a friend.:thumbsup2:

I guess what I am saying is, we can ride with you if you have diabeties, but the chances of us riding with you are very slim to null...if you have cancer.....

Jay,

Sorry to hear it, but.....it's better than the alternative!!

You just have to have a goal to give up some things, but not your time here on earth, with the rest of us loonies!:rotf: Good luck with the doctor today, and we have you in our thoughts and prayers. If you need someone to talk to, by all means call me!! :080402gudl_prv:

One high test doesn't mean anything. What your Doc did is just a screening test; he'll probably ask you to come back for another test. You need to follow his instructions; generally you fast for 12 hours before a screening test, but he may have different instructions for you. Most of the time, they ask when they take the sample, and will mark it on the test results. Fasting tests are more accurate, because your body will spike your blood sugar when you eat; that's how it works. Some foods will really spike you; sugar, beer, and some other things. Ask before you go back and avoid those things.

I was recently diagnosed with diabetes myself. If there is anything I can do, or if you would just like to chat, please feel free to contact me. I was upset when they told me I was diabetic, but I cheered myself up by buying a new motorcycle, and here I am!! So all in all, not a bad thing.

As already mentioned, Diabetes it is very manageable and is not a death threat so you can relax. Millions have it and great medicine is out there. In fact a new type hitting the market shortly you will be able to take it oraly.

You might want to think more about slowing down on your smoking..now that will kill ya..

No offense, but man you smoke a lot...I mean one right after the other..

I used to smoke too bud, and know its hard to quit..but you need to cut back a little thats all I'm saying.

Your to young of a man and you have a whole lot of life ahead of you to be smoking that much. As said, diabeties is easily controlled..having cancer is russian rulette..

Wish you could ask Mean Dog about what I am saying....

Roadkill, I did not mean to sound like I'm telling you what to do now, it's just my personal concern coming out for you as a friend.:thumbsup2:

I guess what I am saying is, we can ride with you if you have diabeties, but the chances of us riding with you are very slim to null...if you have cancer.....

Hey buddy, I hear you. You might be surprised to know that I smoke less than 1 Pack a day now, down from 3 :thumbsup: It appears I'm sure Like I do more, because when we stop while riding I have 2 or 3. When I'm at home I only smoke when I get up and when I go to bed. So it has improved. Can't say I have any desire to smoke any less than that. I enjoy it:rasberry:

See you at Maintenence day!

I'm 55 sometimes mine runs high, and it seems I can get back down by losing 10lbs, very easy to say not so easy to do. There is a direct correlation with type 2 and weight. Older and overweight you are much more likely to have blood sugar elevation.

Well Just got a call from the Dr and said it the 2hr test was only slightly over the top end. I was 5.9 and top end is 5.8. Said it was some sort of Hypoglycemia. That I should change my diet to include more protein and smaller more frequent meals. They are mailing a couple diets to look over and try. So...We'll see. Thanks for everyone's thoughts and prayers.

Guest JGorom
Well Just got a call from the Dr and said it the 2hr test was only slightly over the top end. I was 5.9 and top end is 5.8. Said it was some sort of Hypoglycemia. That I should change my diet to include more protein and smaller more frequent meals. They are mailing a couple diets to look over and try. So...We'll see. Thanks for everyone's thoughts and prayers.

Congrats!!!

Man, if I were heavier, I'd go stand in line. Seems I saw this program the other day on TV, and the people that get Gastric By-pass surgery, everyone of them that got it, their diabetes went away with-in 4 to 7 days after surgery, also including Sleep Apnia. I've had diabeties for 13 years, and I've really not gotten use to the fact that I can't live like I was use to. Yes, I've managed to keep my A1C below 7, but it involves not eating the foods I've been so accustom to. The problem with the operation is that it is still a dangerous one. One out of every one thousand people that gets it, dies from complications. But heres the big catch, you have to be morbidly obese. I guess 100+ lbs. overweight, I'm around 70 lbs. over. If you choose to do it the right way, then its the old diet and extercise which worked for me until my doctor added more perscription pills which caused me to gain 20 lbs., and therefore the numbers started to climb. I did stop walking though, and now I'm thinking of going back to doing so in order to keep my numbers in check. So good luck to anybody that gets this disease, it's 60% controlable if you follow the doctors orders. :thumbsup2: