IGNORED

New Wing to be the first scoot with Apple CarPlay tech built in...Yippie!

VanRiver

Being that I'm in the Tech security business and a major Apple lover, I yearn for new tech in and on my vehicles...... and if it works with my iPhone, iPad, Mac Pro, iMac even better!!!!!!!

Found an interesting article which says that Mother Honda will be using Apple CarPlay rather then a proprietary entertainment/communication system like Yamaha used on the new Venture. Good Job Honda on becoming the first motorcycle to use Apple infrastructure right out of the box, and not creating their own clunky interface!

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/10/24/honda-2018-gold-wing-carplay-support/

For now though I guess I will need to be happy with my "fancy" LCD screen with warning icons, CB Radio, and the single red flashing LED on my MKII Ventures.....that was cutting edge tech back in 1986!!!!

That seals it.

I was liking what I was seeing in the new wing. All the stuff we asked for and did not get.

But now that I know it is apple, it is off the list, I refuse to buy apple anything as long as there is another choice.

Should be able to bt your droid, I know it's not the same as Android auto but its a start.

That seals it.

I was liking what I was seeing in the new wing. All the stuff we asked for and did not get.

But now that I know it is apple, it is off the list, I refuse to buy apple anything as long as there is another choice.

My Ruskie stepson is a computer science graduate. He was down on anything Apple. Then after graduating and working for a company writing programs that only uses Mac computers, he changed his mind. His phone is an Apple and computer is Apple.

Regardless of likes or dislikes, Honda has made the interface and is going to also include Android in a future firmware update. Something Yamaha hasn't talked about at all....a direct interface to the 2 most popular phone OS systems...That is smart future-proof thinking in my book.

The only kind of apples I am concerned about when out CTFW are the bag of apples I carry next to the water jug that hangs on Tweeks side from time to time. Generally speaking,, one of the huge things I have enjoyed about CTFW thru the years has been escaping from the phone ringing and music blaring in the world around me. Tip and I do carry a pair of MP3 players in Tweeks tank bag just in case but, at the start of last ride season I put new batteries in them just in case and while out in California touring the coast last year our camera's batteries went dead and I stole the new batteries out of the MP3 players to use in the camera. The batteries were still new cause we never even did use the Tweeks audio system..

I do suppose if Tip ever decided to stop CTFW with us I would probably be interested in some of this new fandangled high end stuff so I would have someone to yak with and share the journey with but I don't see much of a chance for that cause Tip seems to be handling the south side of the bell curve of life a lot better than I do physically.. :big-grin-emoticon: