IGNORED

so there I was

Kretz

driving along (in the Jeep) a typical sub division street at the speed limit (school zone 30kph) when I get behind a guy riding a HD (not sure of the model fairing & hard bags etc)

He is in the right side of the lane (more towards the kerb than is usual) & he didn't look too balanced.

What does he do next?

a) Pull in & stop?

b) fall off?

c) complete a U turn after appropriate checks as it was safe to do so?

d) try to complete U-turn without a shoulder check or mirror use, fail miserably & wobble to a stop in the school driveway?

e) duck paddle backwards out of the school driveway into the roadway looking very unsafe, like the bike was far too big & heavy for him to control?

c'mon guys a few more guesses then I'll tell ya'll.

You best hurry up and finish the story Kretz cause I reckon that Harley rider who fell off his scoot in front of your Jeep and got his jacket trapped under that right front wheel of yourn is probably getting mighty hungry right about now.. I knowed a few of them Harley riders in my days of playing around Sturgis and the only time I ever did see one actually get fighting mad when they couldnt keep up with that stickered covered ol Yamaha of mine was when he was hungry and I beat em to the feeding hole...

Matter of fact,, might not be a bad idea to take em a plate of spaggetti before ya pull foward and cut em loose seems how ya waited this long...

OK Puc Ya pressured me, you were correct D & E. No he didn't fall off Jeff but he was struggling & couldn't really control the bike at all.

You know how you get that "feeling" that someone is going to do something silly.... after he pulled the U-turn in front of me without checking, I stopped & tooted (not nasty) & just gave him a quizical look, palms up "what the ??"

He looked very sheepish & just shrugged, the bike really was too much for him. Hope he learned something, at least he went home non the worse for his maneuver.

Or so you think. He could be a statistic by now. Saw a guy this morning pull into the pumps and proceed to fuel his HD Roadking without getting off the bike. Only to get a back splash of gas. He came off it fast and kept grabbing his jewels that were soaked.

:farmer:

OK Puc Ya pressured me, you were correct D & E. No he didn't fall off Jeff but he was struggling & couldn't really control the bike at all.

You know how you get that "feeling" that someone is going to do something silly.... after he pulled the U-turn in front of me without checking, I stopped & tooted (not nasty) & just gave him a quizical look, palms up "what the ??"

He looked very sheepish & just shrugged, the bike really was too much for him. Hope he learned something, at least he went home non the worse for his maneuver.

Years back we were on Foothills Parkway just out side of Gatlinburg TN and we slow down to let a group out of the lookout parking area, last bike is an HD Full Dresser and topples over in the parking lot. We pull over and help the guy up and he gets back on and takes off rather shaky. We hand out at the lookout for 10 min then take off. 5 Miles down the road we're right back behind the guy going 15 mph under. As we get to the stop sign by the lake at the "bottom" of the Tail of The Dragon he drops the bike in the middle of the road. We help him back up and I'm fearing the worst that we're gonna watch him slide down an gully on the Dragon! He pulled off at the rest rooms and we kept going.

Later in the week I asked at the Eagle Rider if a Blue Ultra got returned dinged up and banged up...I got the "oh, these people come down here having only ridden a 600cc Honda Shadow and rent a bike way to big" story.