IGNORED

Zzyzx catching up.

Zzyzx

Zzyzx Catching up.

A lot has happened since April 25th, 2016. Sorry about dropping off the radar but I haven't been keeping up very much on the VR site, mostly. Ecause I didn't have Internet., my bad.

I got an mention email notice the other day and after reading Condors comments thought it was about time I did an update on what's been happening.

Not too long after the fire I made the decision I was going to leave California. With everything that happened with the 3 step-criminals I also made the decision a divorce was in my best interest. Not an easy decision to make after a 26 year marriage but the alternate would have been worse.

On July 6th 2016 I loaded my 99 RSV into the truck, hooked up my travel trailer, grabbed the only surviving cat, and headed east. I wondered around driving 4200 miles while checking out some beautiful country along the way. I wound up in Northeast Tennessee at Noris lake, about 30 miles outside of Knoxville. I found a nice place next to the lake to park the trailer and built a nice deck and enclosure and settled into my new home.

After getting things settled I got back to fixing the 99RSV. I had to make her mechanically sound and ready to ride again. She has a few dents and scratches and a little heat damage from the fire but she runs as good as she ever has.

I was fortunate to meet a lovely gal a few month ago who loves to ride and we've taken the 99 on a number of long rides including up to this years root beer run and Wisconsin for a day at the international.

As for the 83 Venture Royale, it still sits. It was badly IMG_3656.jpgdamaged in the fire, much worse than the 99. I would like to get it back to where she was the night before the fire but until I have a better place to disassemble it, and get a better assessment of the overall damage, she will have to just set there looking ugly. Its also hard getting motivated to work on it again since it was completed, except for installing the shifter and left foot peg, the evening before the fire.

Will try to get on the site more often and catch up with everyone.

Ride Safe! Ed

You picked a beautiful area! If I was younger, I would be a neighbor. Love the people, lakes and woods.

Sorry to hear about life.... It does take the motivation right out of a person. But sounds like you have it all coming together again! Well done!

Build a barn and work on that Venture! Good to hear you are riding again as well.

:fishin::biker:

Welcome back, sounds like things are shaping up for you.

Now that you are sprouting some roots you can update your location in your profile to cut one more tie to California.

Good point!!! Will do when I have my laptop hooked up again.

Great to hear from you. Sorry for all your losses but as was said to me today "the beat goes on". Look forward to many more posts from you and North Carolina is close to get together when time is available. :clap2:

:farmer:

Will have to do that. We've taken a few Ride across the Smokies and into Cherokee and would

like to ride further east and follow the coastline south a bit.

Thanks for the incouragent.

You picked a beautiful area! If I was younger, I would be a neighbor. Love the people, lakes and woods.

Sorry to hear about life.... It does take the motivation right out of a person. But sounds like you have it all coming together again! Well done!

Build a barn and work on that Venture! Good to hear you are riding again as well.

:fishin::biker:

Wish I had a place to actually build a barn but I am in a long-term camping/living/marina and they will not let me build something I can work in. Looking for some land where I can possibly build a barn workshop living area all in one.

I have found the simple life is so much easier. It allows me to get out and ride and enjoy life more.

Thanks!!!

Great to hear from you Ed and happy to see that things are on the upswing for you. All the very best......Doug

Doug took the words out of my mouth ... or should I say "the text off my keyboard" ;)

We will be in the Dandridge, TN area Oct 17-22 for a RV rally at Anchor down RV Resort. Would be great if we could hook up.

Edited by SilvrT

YIPPEEEE IT'S ZZZzzz!!!!:thumbsup:

Glad to hear from you brother!! Also glad to hear times are coming around back in the other direction = THAT was a rough couple years for sure!! Looking forward to bumping into you and your new friend out CTFW on the 99 sometime.. Until then = keep heading in the direction your heading cause it sure sounds like you got happening!!

All the best brother!!

Puc,, Tip and Tweeks too!!

Picture of the 3 of us watching the sun get blocked off by the moon not long ago - bet you three even had a better view then we did down yonder in Tenner Sea!!:big-grin-emoticon:

DSCN5741.JPG

Hey, Ed, it is good to hear from you! Also very timely as just the other day Condor posted a picture of the Ventures immediately after the fire and we were wondering how you were making out! Congratulations on the new chapter in your life and great to hear you have found companionship as well!!

Maybe next August you could venture up here for the Western New York Northeast Regional Rally!!

Hey Ed. Thanks for posting that pic of the '83. Now the photo album is up to date. I forgot to take a few when you brought her down off the hill on the last visit. Now we all need to see her brought back to life... once again... :-) On the new life style.. I'm jealous!!

I can remember heading back from a "pie run" during Venture west in California a couple of years ago. The sun was down, and as we headed down the highway, back towards our accommodations, I could see a green glow coming from the road, underneath the bike in front of me. I wasn't sure what I was seeing, wondering if my eyes were playing tricks on me. When we finally got to our motel, there, in the parking lot was Ed, aka Zzyzx, on his beautiful LED accented '99 Venture. Wow, did that thing look awesome, with all those hidden LEDs creating a glow underneath.

Good to hear from you, Ed.

Dale.

IMG_0515.jpg

IMG_0546.jpg

Hey Dale, thanks for the memory jolt. I remember thinking the same thing, even mentioned it to Cathy riding back from "pie night." She liked the look and has asked me a couple times "when are you doing that to our bike?"

Good to hear from you Ed. Sounds like life is getting back on track for you...well deserved. And now we can have a Venture Tennessee! Always wanted to ride out that way. Good to hear from you, stay in touch. Best regards,

Ron