IGNORED

Maintainence Day @ Freebirds..............

DragonRider

Nope........we'll be coming from 'the East'. Leaving Thursday PM, trying to get past the silly atuff in NY and staying somewhere along 80 in Pa. Not sure where yet, we'll stop when we feel like it. Should be at the Oberlin Inn early Fri PM.

Finally got the 05 out of the shed (it was blocked in by construction stuff) gonna start pulling it apart for cleaning and oil change. Late start to the season with all the work being done around here.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!!

Here is the route the Huntsville group is taking. Anyon eis welcome to ride up with us, but we are leaving Huntsville around 5 or 5:30 am on THURSDAY June 5th and riding aproximately 10 hours of the route shown in the link. We will stop and spend the night where ever that puts us..

FRIDAY, June 6th, we will get up and again head north where everyone will head to Oberlin, Ohio.

I will split off from the group at some point and head to the east side of Cleveland to see some family members, then I will arrive in Oberlin around 9pm.

We will spend Sat June 7th at Freebirds

Sunday morning, June 8th, we will all get up and ride south for about 10 hours, stop for the night and return to Huntsville on Monday June 9th

Here is the link Sojourner put together showing the route we are taking:

Sojourner will be leading the ride for us this time..

I might even get to ride in back and be his tail gunner.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&saddr=119+Merge+Ave,+Harvest,+AL+35749&daddr=Oberlin+Inn+,+Oberlin,+OH&sll=38.950865,-83.792725&sspn=6.483232,10.195313&dirflg=h&ie=UTF8&ll=37.396346,-85.264893&spn=3.312035,5.097656&z=8&layer=t

Here is the route the Huntsville group is taking. Anyon eis welcome to ride up with us, but we are leaving Huntsville around 5 or 5:30 am on THURSDAY June 5th and riding aproximately 10 hours of the route shown in the link. We will stop and spend the night where ever that puts us..

FRIDAY, June 6th, we will get up and again head north where everyone will head to Oberlin, Ohio.

I will split off from the group at some point and head to the east side of Cleveland to see some family members, then I will arrive in Oberlin around 9pm.

We will spend Sat June 7th at Freebirds

Sunday morning, June 8th, we will all get up and ride south for about 10 hours, stop for the night and return to Huntsville on Monday June 9th

Here is the link Sojourner put together showing the route we are taking:

Sojourner will be leading the ride for us this time..

I might even get to ride in back and be his tail gunner.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&saddr=119+Merge+Ave,+Harvest,+AL+35749&daddr=Oberlin+Inn+,+Oberlin,+OH&sll=38.950865,-83.792725&sspn=6.483232,10.195313&dirflg=h&ie=UTF8&ll=37.396346,-85.264893&spn=3.312035,5.097656&z=8&layer=t

Looks like you guys are taking the back roads, I can see why you (ECK) are not leading. 81 turns, not enough windshield for that trip.:stirthepot::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Jerry:big-grin-emoticon:

Looks like you guys are taking the back roads, I can see why you (ECK) are not leading. 81 turns, not enough windshield for that trip.:stirthepot:

Hey now, I still have the other side of the windshield and I can always write backwards on the outside edge....yea..it would be a close fit...

Good thing I dont have a shorty windshield.. :whistling:

We need a Maintenance Day down South! We got the First Annual Venture Stampede working (I sure hope it works out).

Lets have it at MY house. I need my carbs synced!

NEone want to work out something like this? Rick, V7Goose??????

It felt good a couple weeks ago to have another Venture at my house, making it look good!

Almost forgot, I bought the wife new grill that needs to be broke in. Yes, she is the griller.

You know the way I ride, so I might just have to play catch up with you at the rest stops.................:cool10::cool10:

Lewis I will let you know my route when I get it figured out I have not thought that far in advance yet.

Remember last year we averaged 85 mph till the white cords started showing on Sleepys bike.Gonna do the same this year.

Jeff

Almost forgot this too. Maybe we can get JT's bike running too!

hey bud, if you could scare up someone, who is smart enough to use a carbtune, i'd be happy to loan you mine!

serious as a heart attack here. if ya need to use it, gimme a holler.

just jt

Eck, if nobody from around here wants to hookup, I'm going over on Friday also from Indy and would like to get with you guys if I know where you'll be Friday morning. I could even ride down to Cinci and hookup with you around there. Don't want to ride alone, even though Navigator will be with me, our first long trip, you know.

Dan

could someone tell me what maintainence day is,where and when.is it just a big party where everyone gets together and works on bikes

Mike,

Maintenance day is at Freebirds house in Oberlin Ohio on June 7th. Deepending upon where your at, it would be a nice ride to get there and LOTS of us are staying at the Oberlin Inn Friday and Saturday night.

Here is a few of the posts on it

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16914&highlight=Freebirds+Maintenance

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21116&highlight=Maintenance

Eck, if nobody from around here wants to hookup, I'm going over on Friday also from Indy and would like to get with you guys if I know where you'll be Friday morning. I could even ride down to Cinci and hookup with you around there. Don't want to ride alone, even though Navigator will be with me, our first long trip, you know.

Dan

Dan,

You have mail.........:thumbsup2:

could someone tell me what maintainence day is,where and when.is it just a big party where everyone gets together and works on bikes

didn't someone post a link to some pictures that were taken from last years?

I'll try to find that link...

Guest Swifty
We need a Maintenance Day down South!

...no we don't!!! Us northern folls want to see ALL you guys that have been riding for the last 6 months.