IGNORED

An alternative to PayPal

Freebird

OK folks, this was brought to my attention by Cinderella. Many of us use PayPal but they have pretty much been the only player in the market and in my opinion, have continued increasing their fees to the point that it is getting a bit crazy. There is a new online payment processor named "Revolution Money Exchange". It was originally founded by Steve Case. If you join up now, they will pay you $25.00 for doing so. This is not a scam and if you search for "Revolution Money Exchange" you will find a lot of information about it. I just joined up and within minutes they had deposited the $25.00 into my account. So why is it better than PayPal? They charge NO fees for sending or receiving money.

Here's another good thing. If you join you will get $25.00. If you join through the link that I am providing, they will also donate $10.00 to my account to be used to support VentureRider. It's a no loose situation. You get $25.00 and you also donate $10.00 to the site and it costs you NOTHING. Check it out. If you don't feel comfortable with it, that is fine but I feel good about it or I can assure you that I would not have signed up. I certainly plan to start trying it on any of my Ebay auction and etc. and to use it as an optional choice here for donations. PayPal will still be available for those who wish to use it. So, check it out if you wish. Please click on and use THIS link to ensure that the $10.00 goes to VentureRider.org

• FREE to register for an account
  • FREE to add money from your bank account
  • FREE to send money
  • FREE to receive money
  • FREE to request money
  • FREE to transfer money to your bank account

raf_signup.gif

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect that they hope to make money on interest drawn from money if folks accounts. A lot of people, me for example, leave some money in their PayPal accounts all the time. I do that and use it like a checking account with my PayPal debit card. They also have charges for some things like paper statements, checks by mail, etc.

OK, i started doing this but I got a bit squemish when it asked for my SS#. I think ill wait a bit to see how this all goes.

I certainly understand. That's why I spent over an hour checking them out. PayPal requires your social security number also when you sign up. That will be the biggest challenge for this company, getting their name out and establishing trust.

Hate to be such a "doubting Thomas" , but when someone tells me something is not only free but they will pay me for the pleasure of doing fomething for me......Well, let's just say the hair raises up on the back of my neck .....

Remember old P.T. Barnum; "Never give a sucker an even break", "A new one is born every minute", "A fool and his money are soon parted".

No, I don't think I'll be giving access to my account to anyone offering "something for nothing" any time soon....!!!:no-no-no:

Boss....your no dummy, but I'm leary on how they can give $25 to you for joining. I'm all about saying to hell with paypal as they are like ebay with chargings becoming outrageous. I'm gonna have to see how this pans out a bit, it's probably ok but that little voice is talking, and when I dont listen to him I get in trouble

:whistling:

Yea, that was one thing that I read in my research. It will be a limiting factor for them until they go International. I would look for it to happen soon.

Now listen folks, I would never try to talk a single one of you into doing something that you feel uneasy about. So please don't think that I am. I am signed up and really feel good about it. Already have the money from them into my account and actually already a couple of donations due to some others joining up. I am pretty dang cautious also so understand how you feel.

Yea, that was one thing that I read in my research. It will be a limiting factor for them until they go International. I would look for it to happen soon.

Now listen folks, I would never try to talk a single one of you into doing something that you feel uneasy about. So please don't think that I am. I am signed up and really feel good about it. Already have the money from them into my account and actually already a couple of donations due to some others joining up. I am pretty dang cautious also so understand how you feel.

It's cool Boss....you be the trail blazer and I'll be the anchor/rope man, you know I always have your back

:buttkick: :sign20:

Guest cyote61

Sorry freebird, there is no reason to have to give anyone on a website ever ever every your SSI #. That is my opinion but I encourage all not to ever give any site your social security number. There is no such thing as a totaly secure website. I'll go away now and eat some worms. You hit a red flag with me and I had no choice but voice my concern. Regards, Tom:(

Don if im reading it right its just an E-checking acount and they make fees on overdrafts and other things such as if you want a statment mailed as a hard copy its 5. and 2.50 to wright a paper check there are also over draft fees of like 35. so its just normal banking like having a checking acount with out fees but if you mess up then there going to make money

Sorry Don, but I'm also of the "if it seems too good to be true, it probably is" school.

It may be legit, but I've seen too many scams that are set up to take people's money and this, to me, smacks of one of them.

I've been in computers as a journalist for 30 years and I've seen just about every type of scam - and STILL get emails from friends telling me that Bill Gates is going to send me thousands of dollars just for forwarding emails, so color me skeptical, I won't be signing up.

Apologies if it does turn out to be legit - and sorry you won't be getting $10 from my actions, but that's the way it is.

As for advice to others, all I'd say is Caveat Emptor (let the buyer beware).

There's only one SSN I want to see on the internet - the guy's from LifeLock. It sure ain't gonna be mine!

I'd also appreciate it if you DIDN'T use my email address for this kind of thing. I have no problem with requests for donations for fallen friends or even a direct solicitation for funds to help running the site, but please don't send me information on potential scams. It may be ok, but think of the egg on your face if it turns out I'm right. Thanks.

Hi,

I am not promoting this web site. However I can tell you that paypal also had a bonus when you first signed up and a referral bonus to sign up others. I "made" a few dollars this way. As paypal grew this bonus got smaller and then disappeared.

Glenn

Boss....your no dummy, but I'm leary on how they can give $25 to you for joining. I'm all about saying to hell with paypal as they are like ebay with chargings becoming outrageous. I'm gonna have to see how this pans out a bit, it's probably ok but that little voice is talking, and when I dont listen to him I get in trouble

:whistling:

I too see the sign up bonus as their way to get this going.......

I also checked it all before signing up.......

If anyone signs up and then feels they will never utilize it........you could just send your $25 sign up bonus to Dons account and the site will get even more free money!!!:innocent::whistling:

In my opinion it would be a good "bank" for doing business here on the site....buying and selling parts...t shirts...caps...donations etc......with out the fees we keep dealing with by using paypal......

my hopes are that this co will grow and hopefully make some competition for paypal so they have to start lowering their fees.....

In checking this co out further i also found that they are a credit card co also.....and their card is widely accepted...I saw it advertised on buy.com the other day...if you look here there is a list of places who accpet their card.....:

https://www.revolutioncard.com/Website/where_to_use.aspx

Sorry freebird, there is no reason to have to give anyone on a website ever ever every your SSI #. That is my opinion but I encourage all not to ever give any site your social security number. There is no such thing as a totaly secure website. I'll go away now and eat some worms. You hit a red flag with me and I had no choice but voice my concern. Regards, Tom:(

Actually, any and all online banking requires your SSN. Whether you visited your brick and mortar bank and setup your bank account or if you did it online. In addition, if your receiving payments via this service the IRS requires them to have your SSN for reporting (to the Feds) purposes. These are just the facts. I've setup online business accounts and I have had to file my SSN and TAX ID numbers with those sites.

As far as no site is completely secure. This is mostly true. I'm a Sr. Web Application Programmer and I do program secure sites. You would be amazed at what we go through to secure data. Most security breaches are internal. In the end, whether you do business online or at a brick and mortar your data is stored electronically and has to be accessed by people. Businesses go though great efforts to make sure the people with access to the data are trustworthy. Most are and very few are not. Either way you face security risks.

So to say that there is never a reason to have to give your SSN online is just plain wrong. It's a fact of banking and collecting payments whether it's online of not.