IGNORED

An alternative to PayPal

Freebird

Ok everyone--I'm extremly new at all this. I just signed up for paypal last year and all I have listed with them is my mastercard. They don't have any of my bank information. I've bought 4 items on ebay and 2 from a member here using paypal and my cc with no problems so far. Every once in a while they ask me about securing my cc with bank acct. information but I don't want to do that. If I'm reading and understanding everyone right, you can set up other acct. with paypal and this one from Don and have money in them and transfer money in and out for payments or to recieve payments. Is this correct? With just my credit card listed with paypay can I recieve payments ? Like I said, I'm new at all this.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i use paypal all the time. and have had several big transactions like well over $10,000.00 dollars. at first it was scary, but i have had a premier account for quite a few years with no problems. they do have my checking account no. and a back up cedit card which they never use cuz i can't figure out how. even so it still worries me everytime i use online money transfer with anyone. paypal has excellent security, but with all the brilliant minds out there that are too lazy to get a real legit job instead of stealing from people, you never know. :depressed: :)

Ok everyone--I'm extremly new at all this. I just signed up for paypal last year and all I have listed with them is my mastercard. They don't have any of my bank information. I've bought 4 items on ebay and 2 from a member here using paypal and my cc with no problems so far. Every once in a while they ask me about securing my cc with bank acct. information but I don't want to do that. If I'm reading and understanding everyone right, you can set up other acct. with paypal and this one from Don and have money in them and transfer money in and out for payments or to recieve payments. Is this correct? With just my credit card listed with paypay can I recieve payments ? Like I said, I'm new at all this.
they can do more damage to a mastercard than your checking account. i had some one go on a $4200.00 christmas shopping spree on my visa card this last christmas. the only thing that saved me was my visa won't clear online purchases of $2000.00 and over with out my permission. hit was a one week hassle getting it straightened out. apparently some place i bought something on line got my no. and used my card for personal shopping. :cool10:

Just wondering about the SSN. Here in Canada you do not have to give your SSN to anyone, for any reason. The banks will ask if your applying for a loan but you still do not have to give it to them. They can ask for other ID and usually a drivers licence will work (they are not allowed to photo copy it) or even a credit card. They all know SSN,s are private but still ask, I have alot of fun saying no in colorfull words. Sometimes I wonder if Canadians even know this.:no-no-no:

they can do more damage to a mastercard than your checking account. i had some one go on a $4200.00 christmas shopping spree on my visa card this last christmas. the only thing that saved me was my visa won't clear online purchases of $2000.00 and over with out my permission. hit was a one week hassle getting it straightened out. apparently some place i bought something on line got my no. and used my card for personal shopping. :cool10:

I have to respectfully disagree, I had my paypal acct linked to my checking for quite a few years, after the recent news of a member being ripped off I gave this some more thought. I decided to have all my banking info removed from paypal ( yeah rite?) and just go with the credit card. If someone hacks the card I can dispute it with card co. and dont have to pay on it till its resolved. If they hack into paypal and have it removed from my checking acct its gone till I get it straightened out, I cant use that money. I didnt care for that idea. Good luck however you go. Craig

I have to respectfully disagree, I had my paypal acct linked to my checking for quite a few years, after the recent news of a member being ripped off I gave this some more thought. I decided to have all my banking info removed from paypal ( yeah rite?) and just go with the credit card. If someone hacks the card I can dispute it with card co. and dont have to pay on it till its resolved. If they hack into paypal and have it removed from my checking acct its gone till I get it straightened out, I cant use that money. I didnt care for that idea. Good luck however you go. Craig
you are right you can get scammed on anything. i don't keep alot in my checking account, when i had the card scam it took several days to get through to some one that talked english in the usa. on the bank deal i can at least see a human face to face. :2133: