IGNORED

Good Lord She's Back !!!

Aussie Annie

Where do I begin ?? It has been so long since I have been in here my friends, it has not been too good over here with family members for nearly two years.

My younger sister was diagnosed with cancer in late 2015, and I tried to be as supportive as I could throughout her battle. It helped to take the pressure off her two young daughters, who had already lost their father to cancer 8 years ago. I attended all appointments and chemo treatments with her........and near the end was travelling everyday to the hospital. Sadly she passed in June last year.

But by then my sister-in-law had been diagnosed with stage four cancer, and I was once more trying to be supportive to my older brother. Sadly that fight was also lost, and my sister (to me) passed two weeks ago.

And the battle with that awful insipid disease continues, with two of my close female friends both fighting stomach cancer!! At times I have felt so bloody helpless to fathom "why" and to be able to assist in any way, that it triggered my PTSD..... so I have been up and down.

So..............................

Decision made to complete some of Alan's bucket list.

Which is to do the Alaskan Inner Passage cruise, and to ride the train across Canada. Naturally this also means a trip into the USA to see our VR family. We will try to catch up with as many of you as we can, but because of the cruise dates etc. we will miss all the rallies!!

We have booked and paid now, so can't wait 'cause I love you all so much :happy34:

Following is our itinerary, and over the next few days I will map out which way we are headed around the states, and hope to catch up with a lot of you guys.

Sat July 1 arrive in Vancouver, board the train later in the day for Seattle,WA (arrive 10pm) overnight stay

Sun July 2 board Emerald Princess in afternoon Cruise alaskan Inner Passage

Sun July 9 back in Seattle @ 7am 5pm board train back to Vancouver, BC arrive 11pm

9-11th staying @ YWCA hotel

Tues 11th @ 7.30pm VIA train to Toronto arrive July 15 @ 9.30am

15-17th staying @ Knights Inn, Toronto

Mon 17th fly to JFK, NY arrive 2pm

Collect rental car, and we're off !! To be continued....................................

LOVE YA'LL :2143:

First off Annie

I offer my condolences & prayers for your lost family members and of course to you and Al as well. I know well your grief as we have gone thru the same over the years, the latest our sister in law last fall. We don't know the Lords plans for any of us but we can be sure he'll receive us at the end of our days on this earth.

Whether we cross paths or not in your travels this year we wish you and Al a safe and enjoyable trip. Looking forward to your travel reports & pics.

God Bless, Larry & Joyce

Sorry for your family losses Annie... It's been happening all too much lately. My wife and I and the kids, did the Alaska Cruise about 8 years ago, and we loved it. Juneau, Ketchakan, and Skagway. Heck I was ready to move to Juneau. The train ride has always been on my bucket list... Lucky you!! Keep us posted on your state side trek.... and pics... :-)

Annie

Sounds to me like you are the kind of person I would want as a friend especially if I was facing troubles. I'm praying that you find joy and refreshment with your journey. Don't hesitate to call on the bunch here at VR; we all like to help even if it is just to listen.

Wow girl, you two went through a lot. I guess we all like to think that we are going to live forever, but then reality sets in. Yep, we spend time together, learn to love each other and it all comes to an end. Losing a loved one can be tough and kind of leaves a person hanging, but at the time we don't know what it is that we are hanging on, or onto, so we are kind of in a limbo, until we find The Source. Blessing to you all as you wander through the next stage and re-discover a joy in your life. Thanks for being there for the others, they needed your support, and you gave them what you could, that makes you a friend worth having.

What is your time-line for the layover in Toronto?

Wow girl, you two went through a lot. I guess we all like to think that we are going to live forever, but then reality sets in. Yep, we spend time together, learn to love each other and it all comes to an end. Losing a loved one can be tough and kind of leaves a person hanging, but at the time we don't know what it is that we are hanging on, or onto, so we are kind of in a limbo, until we find The Source. Blessing to you all as you wander through the next stage and re-discover a joy in your life. Thanks for being there for the others, they needed your support, and you gave them what you could, that makes you a friend worth having.

What is your time-line for the layover in Toronto?

Thank you for your kind words Carl. We have no set plans, other than to hopefully see some of our VR friends

Hi Annie!! Greetings from somewhere i the Gulf of Mexico!

Sooo sorry to hear of the grief you have been through, sometimes life throws us some really nasty curve balls!

you will love the Inner Passage cruise, we did it on Holland America back in 2006 and loved it!! Hope we can meet up in TO when you get there!