IGNORED

Encourage an ailing friend - "Group Card" of get well greetings for Black Owl!!

cowpuc

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cowpuc, Freebird may be able to get you a better quality VR logo than trying to enlarge the tiny one from the top of the page.

I do have a better resolution logo but it is black and white and is an older version that does not have the globe background.

Thanks for the thought Jeff - REALLY appreciate it! Problem is/was - right at the very end of my print job my little HP 3500 went - KAAAAPINGGG and I ended up having to hand write the last couple responses and the cover page. Called the care center where Black Owl is at - verified the address and got his room number for the mail - talked to the lady and she thought I would just make it by Valentines Day if I got it right in the mail - no time to pick up another printer so it is what is = thinking Black Owl will LOVE the way it all turned out though,, seems like my kind of guy who appreciates that ol "just make the dog gone thing go" attitude most of us live by :missingtooth:!! Took a couple pics of the hand copying that I did (see below).. Might take notice @Marcarl that in my short explanation of why I did what I did I told Russell that I was glad I didnt have to hand write your response - writers cramp and all that:Im not listening to:big-grin-emoticon:..

Got er done gang - thanks to all for participating in what we all hope will make our fellow club member Black Owl find some form of :big-grin-emoticon: during this health battle his fighting!!!:thumbsup:

DSCN3912.JPG

DSCN3909.JPG

DSCN3908.JPG

DSCN3907.JPG

DSCN3906.JPG

YEA

Thanks for doing this.

But really we din not meant to break your printer.....................

Put it out on the deck and Ill see if we can give it a burial...........:snow:

You betcha Fool - proud to be the messenger brother!! :happy34:

AND,,,,, not so fast oh yeeee with ice where your blood is suppose to be,,, oh happy - lets bury everything in Wisconsin White Wash :snow:,,, for the Pucster hath ALREADY ripped upon said HP 3500 and found the problem!!! Twas nothing more than a little rubber cup like device on the left hand side of the ink spreader that was spring activated and held in place by clip pressure.. Think its sole purpose was some kind of sweep for the ink discharge on the cartridge = made a little inky mess on a couple of pages when it went KA - CHING with a similar sound to those spring things popping out at the end of the clip on an M1 Garand - KA - CHING!!!!! Pretty cool really :hihi:.... Ripped er apart - found all the pieces,, using my endlessly brilliant mind and just a small amount of persuation from a pair of rusty ol needle nose pliers and WA-LAH - fired right back up :rasberry:...

You can keep those nozzles pointed North by Northwest their ya lop eared snow makin varmint - no printer burials happening around here!!:moon:

Late as usual, for some strange reason I have missed this thread until today. Maybe its just my aversion to bad news which just seems to keep coming at a scary pace. So many of mine/our friends seem to be suffering some misfortune or another and when you pile that on top of ones personal issues, it all gets soooo overwhelming. I am really struck as always to hear of yet another member suffering misfortune.

Black Owl/Russell not sure if we ever met face to face but between international rally's, Freebird's MD, and all the other Rally's I am sure we must have. Sadly I have never made it to one of the PIP's but always one day intended to. I do miss your postings and sincerely hope that what ever ails you, will be something you can recover from. Miracles do sometimes happen. In the mean time Brother you hang in there and never give up.

Puc thanks for doing this. Just wish I wasn't so busy and caught on sooner so I could have added my name to the group card.

OK Folks, I spoke to Black Owl yesterday, as stated he is and will be in the nursing home for some time.

I asked if he got anything in the mail and he said he got this great big card and he was working his way reading through all the posts. He was extremely appreciative of all your thoughts and well wishes. He still sounded tired, he did say he had fallen and broke his hip and that made it difficult to get up and around. All in all though he sounded not to bad for a guy that has been all the crap that he has gone through.

He wanted me to tell everyone how much he did appreciated the card and that people were thinking of him.

Sounded like he was getting tired after about 15 minutes so I said goodbye and told him I would call in a week or two.

Thanks guys and gals for doing this for Owl.

Bubber