IGNORED

Sooooo close to retirement

BIG TOM

I think it's funny you think your going to sleep till nine every morning.

the last 15 years I worked I had to get up at 3 AM. I retired Feb 1 of this year and still wake up at 3 AM EVERY day. The good thing is I get to roll over and snuggle up with Shirley and go back to sleep..............or not.:178:. Regardless, I'm out of bed by 7 AM everyday. I get to enjoy my coffee instead of gulping it down then do whatever I please.

I got used to retirement the very first day and recommend it to anyone who has the means to do so. Tomorrow is not guaranteed to any of us. Make the most of what you have. Congratulations and thanks for your years of service.

First off congratulations. Every retirement check you get from your LEO job consider it back pay.

Getting up early in retirement is a pleasure to me, I don't have to go to work. That fact makes it enjoyable. Plus I don't have to get up early and I can nap when I want to.

As was said above do exercise and stay active at enjoyable things. So many don't make it past the first year of retirement.

I have known people who said they were bored so they went back to work. I have not had that problem. I am too busy to go to work. Of course if it is something different and you like it but still get paid that is not work.

I have only missed my full pay check but then my SS kicked in and heck my wife still works and makes good money. She is younger so she is my retirement plan. icon11.png

Enjoy it.

Just 5 more days to go...........the fact is that with my pension and SSI, I will be making more staying home than going to work.......go figure.......no more getting up at the crack of dawn, driving 24 miles in the Buffalo weather....I HATE SNOW IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW THAT.....and no more bad guys..........!!!!!! YAHOOO!

Congrrats on your impending retirement. I can only dream of what that will be like.

Just don't forget us, keep coming back for more.

I only have about 50 more years to go. I guess all I can do is to keep sending out SNOW balls. East seems to be the most fun...............