IGNORED

Its only a matter of time

mraf

I live alongside state route 20. During the past few months I have been walking across the road frequently. I have never ever seen so many people that can't put their phones down while they are driving. It is about everyone except a very few. Walking along the highway is just as dangerous as riding a bike anymore. The white line [fog line] on the edge of the road I swear is nothing more than a slot for the centers of their cars. I'm ready to build a bridge to cross the road. If a chicken ever crossed this road it would be a goner. If you really think on it. Its only a matter of time for us all. Phoneheads and victims.:think::soapbox:

I was on a dealer sponsored ride yesterday. (Victory) When we were done with lunch and the group was breaking up I headed home. While sitting at a stop light the joker next to me had phone in face texting away. Light turned green I started to take off and he is still sitting there. I give a blast on the stebel and must have startled him. He gassed it pretty good. Must have thought a semi was gonna run him over. LOL

It would be SOOOOOO easy for the phone makers to set the phone so that text or hand use phone would not function (except for 911) while the phone is traveling at more than 5 mph. Yes this would mean that the passengers also can not text, so what, they'll live.

To me a true hands free phone is no different that talking with a passenger.

I saw one yesterday where the guys eyes were so bad that the phone had to be 6 inches from his nose and a lot of squinting thru Coke Bottle glasses. This means that he had NO CHANCE to even catch something in his peripheral vision, the phone filled his full field of view. I wonder if his vision was good enough to even be driving.

If I'm involved in a cell phone related accident and physically able I will politely walk over and grab the cell phone from the user and stomp the hell out of it.:225:

......perhaps both the phone AND the user! Doug

......perhaps both the phone AND the user! Doug

I don't know but evedently My state don't have a law about that. Tonight on the way to Lowe's this lady in a Grey Ford Expedition Came over into my lane and almost rearended me totally oblivious to me at all. She was driving with her knee looking straight at her phone screen. Then the light turned green she was still staring at the phone pulling thru the light. I got behind her got her tag number then pulled along side of her and she was still looking at the screen typing away and driving with her knee. Top that she had kids in the car so I got to Lowe's Parking lot called dispatch to let them know about it all they asked is if I thought she was over 18. Turned on my scanner app and not a single call out about this lady. So I guess as long as I am over 18 I can pull out my phone on my motorcycle and just text and make phone calls while Riding down the road.....