IGNORED

Gotta close friend and neighbor looking at a newer HD Tri-Glide - thoughts?..

cowpuc

Got a buddy looking seriously at a newer Tri-Glide and asked me what I thought.. Gave him some input on my opinion of differences between straight and independent rear axles yadadee yadadee,zippy doo and yippeeekiyaoh.. I have rode a number of the Glides at HD Demo days but am really limited in superior knowledge on the subject..

Little digging here and I found the thread @rickardracing made about his experience when he and his wife rented one = http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?106971-Tried-out-a-Tri-Glide/page2

Hey Randy - you folks end up getting one?

Lots of good read on that thread!

Anybody else presently riding a Tri-Glide or have past experiences you wanna share about? Would like to steer my friend straight so if ya know something please share..

Rock n Roll

Puc

PS - Thanks in advance....:thumbsup:

The Tri-Glide I rented for the day is the only trike I have ever rode, so I cannot give a good opinion. I will say that it took a lot of effort to turn. Heat was not an issue and it was in the mid 90's that day. I did put almost 200 miles on it. I like it a lot, but I would like to try a Hannigan. It all boils down to personal preference.

Hey Puc,

Small world, I was killing some time between sales calls this afternoon at the local HD dealer in the Niagara Penninsula looking at a Road Glide while I was leaving there was a Tri Glide......didn't look close and have never ridden one, but it was sure purdy.

Mike

I did a short demo ride on one a few years back. Some city riding and some highway. Didn't like it at all. Steering seemed too "touchy" so it seemed hard to maintain a straight line ... bumps in the road also affected that. Didn't like how it took corners in the city. Didn't pay much attention to much else... was just anxious to get back and get off it LOL

I never rode a H-D Tri-Glide but having owned two Venture trikes, one 05 Venture / solid axle Tri-Wing and a Hannigan based 09 Venture the ride comfort of the independent axle Hannigan can't be beat. Being wider & longer the performance & handling is superior to any straight axle set up too.

Larry